Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Alabama fans are losing it on their message boards. :laugh:

I’m sure NIL exacerbated issues but a lot of those kids on that roster were strictly there to be put in the NFL not because their love of Alabama as a school or any other reason. Not that they all make it but those top 100 kids a lot of them their only concern is the NFL. They don’t give a shit about all that other stuff. Those kids came there because Saban sold the NFL & all the draft picks he put into the league. All that secondary reasons they probably had better opportunities elsewhere in that regard. So now with no Saban there’s no reason for some of them to be there anymore.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Alabama fans are losing it on their message boards. :laugh:

I’m sure NIL exacerbated issues but a lot of those kids on that roster were strictly there to be put in the NFL not because their love of Alabama as a school or any other reason. Not that they all make it but those top 100 kids a lot of them their only concern is the NFL. They don’t give a shit about all that other stuff. Those kids came there because Saban sold the NFL & all the draft picks he put into the league. All that secondary reasons they probably had better opportunities elsewhere in that regard. So now with no Saban there’s no reason for some of them to be there anymore.

There's going to be an unbreakable streak snapped this year.

September 28th, Bama hosts Georgia. At the time of the game, Bama will have been favored in ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE straight home games. And then it stops.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There's going to be an unbreakable streak snapped this year.

September 28th, Bama hosts Georgia. At the time of the game, Bama will have been favored in ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE straight home games. And then it stops.

I get it’s early but them & Michigan have to be the most volatile perceived top ten team’s going into next season currently. I think everybody else in that range are kind of set for the most part with the foundation of their rosters (as well as their coaching staffs in Michigan’s case).

Which is interesting in the terms of potential power dynamic shifting in the sport continuing for next year.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Looks like kids are starting to flee Arizona too. So far it’s mostly incoming recruits & transfers who hitting it outside of their top RB Jonah Coleman (he appears to be headed to Washington with Fisch).

The two to watch & are probably getting their phones blown up right now are QB Noah Fifita & WR Tetairoa McMillan, they’re one of the best returning QB/WR combos in the country for next year. Them two could change the outlook of a team next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Look, I get why you would ask for that if you were him but such a scumbag move.

I listened to Bruce Feldman today he thinks this is a knowingly unreasonable ask from Harbaugh’s camp to give him cover for when he leaves for the NFL.

This my own speculation based off that & other things. But Harbaugh & their AD Ward Manuel pretty much hate each other. So I do wonder if this Harbaugh trying to make him look bad on the way out.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm not sure why Downs to Georgia had so much play earlier this week. There's been bad blood there with the family going back to the older brother not receiving a Georgia offer out of high school. The dad even said that Georgia finished third in his HS recruitment after Alabama and OSU, which was pretty clear that they had minimal interest at the time (given that Georgia was coming off back-to-back titles and Kirby gets basically every DB that plays for him drafted).

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Obviously Ohio State & Georgia have probably benefited the most so far from the chaos & ripple effect of Saban’s retirement.

So the Proctor news & this news are good wins for the smaller schools.

More Ohio State bounty from Saban retiring. Got a top safety in Caleb Downs, A starting center in Seth McLaughlin and now the #1 rated QB recruit by some in Sayin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad