Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
So much for going to the home opener....singles are all that seem to be left and they are 3rd round of the playoffs expensive. This will be the first home opener I have missed in 12 years. Add to that the monopoly known as ticketmaster.com is locked up and I doubt I will be buying any tickets today for any of the upcoming games thus season.

I am proud of this team and I guess it is just the price of success but still kinda stinks.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I have full season tickets this year so it doesn’t matter to me, but one thing I am noticing in browsing ticketmaster this morning is that there are a lot more seats available for most of the games than I thought there would be. I just picked a random Saturday night game against a non-marquee opponent (10/28 vs NYI)- and at least when I checked there were a crapload of seats available.

Makes me wonder if the Preds may have overstated the season ticket sales. I know there was talk of over 12,000 full season tickets, possibly even more, and several seating locations are sold out for season tickets.

But if you look at the seats available for that 10/28 game, any seat that is available means that seat can’t be a full season ticket location.

I know they intentionally held seats back for single game sales and half and partial season tickets also complicate it, but there are a lot more seats available than I thought there would be.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Also noticed that the transfer option is now available on our season ticket account. But still no resell option. I am still nervous about that- as I mentioned previously, being able to sell some of our tickets (the non "Gold" games) on ticket exchange was a deciding factor in us upgrading to full season tickets since we know we will miss many games.

EDIT- scratch that looks like sell option is showing for some games

Last edited:

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
So much for going to the home opener....singles are all that seem to be left and they are 3rd round of the playoffs expensive. This will be the first home opener I have missed in 12 years. Add to that the monopoly known as ticketmaster.com is locked up and I doubt I will be buying any tickets today for any of the upcoming games thus season.

I am proud of this team and I guess it is just the price of success but still kinda stinks.

I'm sure there will be more on sale. They have to hold some back for the non-viewing area that go on sale Wednesday so I would try then. Then on game days, or leading up to, they take the player and away team holds off and throw those on sale. There will be more tickets on sale.

Also noticed that the transfer option is now available on our season ticket account. But still no resell option. I am still nervous about that- as I mentioned previously, being able to sell some of our tickets (the non "Gold" games) on ticket exchange was a deciding factor in us upgrading to full season tickets since we know we will miss many games.

EDIT- scratch that looks like sell option is showing for some games

Damn glad to see this option. As a first year STH I started to get nervous when people said they weren't sure if we could sell tickets. That was a major factor in me doing the entire season.

Looks like they've sold out all the single tickets, can't find anything on Ticketmaster.

Check Wednesday when they go on sale to non-viewing area.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm sure there will be more on sale. They have to hold some back for the non-viewing area that go on sale Wednesday so I would try then. Then on game days, or leading up to, they take the player and away team holds off and throw those on sale. There will be more tickets on sale.

I doubt it. The entire point of this viewing area window is to block out of state people from buying them. It was designed to keep Chicago, St. Louis, etc fans out.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I doubt it. The entire point of this viewing area window is to block out of state people from buying them. It was designed to keep Chicago, St. Louis, etc fans out.

Per the Preds twitter account.

"Single game tix on-sale now inside the #Preds TV viewing area to those who make #Smashville. Out of market sales start Wednesday @10 am."

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

"Single game tix on-sale now inside the #Preds TV viewing area to those who make #Smashville. Out of market sales start Wednesday @10 am."

Pretty sure they did this last year, too, but certain tickets (Premium games) were not available to all.

IMO, though, if the team has made the tickets available to STH's (yes), locals (yes), and local businesses that buy up blocks of tickets for employees and charitable groups (Not sure), can't really fault the team if they sell anything left to Chicago and Blues fans.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Pretty sure they did this last year, too, but certain tickets (Premium games) were not available to all.

IMO, though, if the team has made the tickets available to STH's (yes), locals (yes), and local businesses that buy up blocks of tickets for employees and charitable groups (Not sure), can't really fault the team if they sell anything left to Chicago and Blues fans.

As long as they let us sell them also. And they haven't.

Never have, but damn tempted, and if I'm not using them why not.

If they want to make a game "gold" for fans, they need to follow that rule for them.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

This doesn't mean there is any out of market allotment. What they normally do is put everything up for sale to in market and whatever is left over is what out of market gets to choose from.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This doesn't mean there is any out of market allotment. What they normally do is put everything up for sale to in market and whatever is left over is what out of market gets to choose from.

Yep- there is no way they are holding tickets back for out of market sales

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
As long as they let us sell them also. And they haven't.

Never have, but damn tempted, and if I'm not using them why not.

If they want to make a game "gold" for fans, they need to follow that rule for them.

I used to be firmly in the camp of no resale to make it a better experience for the home crowd. But after I saw the 102.5 section completely full of Caps fans and hundreds of tickets to opposing fans that had been sold tickets by the organization or a broker of the organization, I changed my opinion.

How dare PFO tell me I can't sell "to keep out opposing fans" when they're busing them in!!

I can see limiting extra ticket purchases to 2-4 per game unless you go through group tickets and I can see them being offered at gate rate instead of STH rate. Other than that, reselling should be unrestricted.

Also, regarding the ST sales being 12K--I'm pretty sure that number means 12,000 FST OR FST Equivalents--the half and quarter plans are lumped together to create wholes. I saw somewhere that Opening game wasn't offered on some of the plans, so they'd be open for that game and other games where the same thing happened. The seats next to mine are half season tickets so sometimes I can get them as extras and sometimes I can't.

Last edited:

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Managed to snag two tickets to the Home Opener and the following game against Dallas. Had a friend of mine go in and get them for me through my account because she is very good at it, not bad. Just will be happy to be there when they raise the Western Conference Banner.

I just asked my ticket rep if he would add the home opener to my 10 game pack and he didn't even hesitate.

vibes to all those who didn't lock up tickets.

i remember the days when i wouldn't ever sit in the upper bowl because the lowers were cheap and so plentiful. now i don't even think about buying tickets down there.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Yeah, I know what you mean. The wife and I have always gotten cheap tickets wether it's student rate or $15 and sat down low. Last year I think we went to about 10-15 games and never sat down there once. This year I've got ST in section 303 (let the office pick for me.. this is going to be interesting haha), so we will be sitting up top every game.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Yeah, I know what you mean. The wife and I have always gotten cheap tickets wether it's student rate or $15 and sat down low. Last year I think we went to about 10-15 games and never sat down there once. This year I've got ST in section 303 (let the office pick for me.. this is going to be interesting haha), so we will be sitting up top every game.

Lower Bowl is a nice experience to take someone who doesn't go to many games. I go to almost every game and honestly enjoy sitting in the upper level. I fee like I can see more of the play develop if that makes any sense? I am the same way with soccer and football games. The only sport I really like to be as close as possible is basketball.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Lower Bowl is a nice experience to take someone who doesn't go to many games. I go to almost every game and honestly enjoy sitting in the upper level. I fee like I can see more of the play develop if that makes any sense? I am the same way with soccer and football games. The only sport I really like to be as close as possible is basketball.
I've seen only one live basketball game in a large NHL/NBA arena and it was at Staples Center so it was quite a bit larger than Bridgestone. I sat up top and it was brutal after being used to watching hockey from up top for so long. A court is obviously much smaller than a rink. Not ripping the sport or anything, it's just a totally different experience than being up top for hockey.

I prefer the upper level and have been sitting up top for years and grown accustomed to it. The only times I sit down low are if I've gotten free tickets or when I go to Denver for games. Don't need to do it regularly.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL

It does make sense. I did notice when we were down low it was kind of hard to see the whole play and the "build up" wasn't as intense as the times we sat up top.

I think after spending most of the time up top last season we are getting used to the view and actually enjoying it more. Shoot, the savings alone are hard to not enjoy.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
if anyone is selling a single ticket to the home opener please let me know thanks!!!!

I might have one ticket to the home opener, still trying to figure out if the parents want to tag along with me and if the wife can come as well or not.

Not related to your post, but does anyone have any suggestions on selling STs? I won't be able to make it to maybe 30% of the games and need to sell them. I've never sold them tickets before so I don't really know the best way to do it and not lose money (or get as close to break even as possible). Would it be best to list them now or have you found waiting until a week or two out is better? As for pricing, fixed or market?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Biggest reason the misses was okay with me becoming a STH was because I could sell the games I wasn't able to make so can't lose to much money on these things. :laugh:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Easiest thing to do is post them on sale through your ticket account on ticketmaster. But, you may not always get your money back. A Tuesday night game versus AZ is not going to be as popular as a Sat game against Anaheim.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Easiest thing to do is post them on sale through your ticket account on ticketmaster. But, you may not always get your money back. A Tuesday night game versus AZ is not going to be as popular as a Sat game against Anaheim.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, I understand that the demand is going to make a huge determination as to whether I break even or lose money. Ideally, come the end of the season I'm hoping to break even between making money on some, losing money on others. Who knows.. Biggest thing was just what you all recommend, selling way in advance or kind of holding out till demand increases as it gets closer.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Another option is to donate them to the Predators Foundation. I often do that with fairly low-demand games where I don't think I'll make my money back. That way I get a tax write-off instead of just taking a loss.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Anyone know if there is anything we should be expecting in the mail this season? With the Preds going all digital I'm not sure if there is anything they actually owe us at this point. I am curious about how the STH discount (concessions, team store) will work if there is no need for a passport now. Anyone seen any information regarding that yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad