Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Ah, sounds logical. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. So, I have never ordered tickets as a STH before, do we get to buy them first like you all did with the finals tickets, or is regular season just everyone buys at the same time?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Ah, sounds logical. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. So, I have never ordered tickets as a STH before, do we get to buy them first like you all did with the finals tickets, or is regular season just everyone buys at the same time?

You will be able to purchase on Aug. 24, so you get a bit of a head start. They send out emails and you'll have a set time that you can begin purchase. In the past they gave long time STH's and the people in the most expensive seats first choice, but I'm not sure of the order nor what order they went in from there.

As for the 22nd, I don't know. It isn't a week, it's 3 days because that was the STH presale not sales to general public. Maybe Mondays and Thursdays are better days for beginning sales, no clue. But I would bet that that was the reason for it NOT being the 21st.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I'm sure they're still doing that. Isn't it a selling point to people deciding if they want to be full or half STH's?

I think it will more restrictive this year or eliminated.
I'm going to need it clarified before I buy any additional tickets for people.
And already knowing I will be out of town for some games and will have to eat the cost cause they can't be resold or transferred because they are "gold" games...... well I almost didn't renew because of this and right now am kind of regretting it. It just doesn't need to be such a pain in the ass---but all for the gold games because it's important for the fans right.......I'm tired of that excuse

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Mine said Mobile Entry last year, too, but I used my passport to get in and emailed tickets all the time. Some people used their phones, some used the printout, some just had them on their own account. Here's what the my ticket account reads:

"This icon on an event means you can also get in with your smartphone. Simply log in to My My Smashville Tix AccountManager using your smartphone, select an event, and click 'view tickets'"

I hope smart phones aren't the only option but I'll figure it out. What do they do about people who don't want to spend $400+ on a phone just to go to hockey games? I know two people right off hand who still use flip phones. It's rare but it happens!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yea I know several who use flip phones and a couple who refuse to have any cell phone

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Mine said Mobile Entry last year, too, but I used my passport to get in and emailed tickets all the time. Some people used their phones, some used the printout, some just had them on their own account. Here's what the my ticket account reads:

"This icon on an event means you can also get in with your smartphone. Simply log in to My My Smashville Tix AccountManager using your smartphone, select an event, and click 'view tickets'"

I hope smart phones aren't the only option but I'll figure it out. What do they do about people who don't want to spend $400+ on a phone just to go to hockey games? I know two people right off hand who still use flip phones. It's rare but it happens!

This is what most of us are seeing in our accounts.

Tickets for the 2017-18 season will be mobile entry only. For information on mobile ticketing please visit www.nashvillepredators.com/mobile

And the only option available is "Donate to Charity".

Maybe once they assign passports, the options will unlock, but it sounds like there will be no printing out tickets this year based on the mobile entry only.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't mind the "no printing"/"mobile entry only" at all. I'm even ok if they restrict the "grow the gold" high profile games.

But again, I'm going to be completely screwed if we can't transfer/sell ANY tickets.
Guess it's time to reach out to my rep...

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm guessing they will open up additional ticketing options once they've had first crack at selling individual tickets for a bit first.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I don't mind the "no printing"/"mobile entry only" at all. I'm even ok if they restrict the "grow the gold" high profile games.

But again, I'm going to be completely screwed if we can't transfer/sell ANY tickets.
Guess it's time to reach out to my rep...

The sell option never shows up before they have the general single game ticket sale. You will be able to sell tickets.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't know if this is something that has already been discussed, or is common knowledge by now, but my rep says there will be no passports this year- just an account ID card for concessions/team store discounts.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't know if this is something that has already been discussed, or is common knowledge by now, but my rep says there will be no passports this year- just an account ID card for concessions/team store discounts.

I know another STH who will be screwed then. He only has a flip phone.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
The sell option never shows up before they have the general single game ticket sale. You will be able to sell tickets.

You can't sell tickets for the "gold" games, and they aren't releasing that list yet.
So if you buy some of those and are sick or out of town, you can't sell them.
I think its bs to not list the gold games before the single game tickets go on sale.
You eat the ticket.

and I have never used apple wallet and that is what has been suggested, but it's not explained why, or if then you have to go that app to transfer or if you even can. if you use apple wallet do you have to transfer each game? And I don't want to give another app my credit card and let them keep it on file. I try to keep those off the phone as much as possible.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
You can't sell tickets for the "gold" games, and they aren't releasing that list yet.
So if you buy some of those and are sick or out of town, you can't sell them.
I think its bs to not list the gold games before the single game tickets go on sale.
You eat the ticket.

and I have never used apple wallet and that is what has been suggested, but it's not explained why, or if then you have to go that app to transfer or if you even can. if you use apple wallet do you have to transfer each game? And I don't want to give another app my credit card and let them keep it on file. I try to keep those off the phone as much as possible.

With Apple Wallet you just download the pass for each game. Generally the pass is only available the day of the game. I'm also not sure of what app with this wants your credit card. I have never been asked for that. I've used the NHL app and the website to download the pass. If transfers are allowed, they should be the same as always.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
With Apple Wallet you just download the pass for each game. Generally the pass is only available the day of the game. I'm also not sure of what app with this wants your credit card. I have never been asked for that. I've used the NHL app and the website to download the pass. If transfers are allowed, they should be the same as always.

Yea! Thank you. I googled apple wallet and it said you had to give a credit card to use it. I have never done it.
Thanks!!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yea! Thank you. I googled apple wallet and it said you had to give a credit card to use it. I have never done it.
Thanks!!

Apple Wallet has 3 components.

1) Credit Card Mobile Payments via Apple Pay
2) Store discount cards such as Kroger Plus Card, Walgreens Rewards, etc
3) Tickets/Passes such as Ticketmaster tickets, or airline tickets.

as far as I know, all 3 components are independent of each other, but are found in the same place in the app.

If you visit your ticket manager account where you would transfer, from an iPhone, it should have a button on each ticket to "add to Apple Wallet". You would just hit that button for each ticket you want to add.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So you can just transfer via the Preds app, so long as the other person has an account, too? I'll probably stick with that since I'm not usually selling, just transferring.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
So you can just transfer via the Preds app, so long as the other person has an account, too? I'll probably stick with that since I'm not usually selling, just transferring.

It used to be that you could send the ticket to anyone that had an email address.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It used to be that you could send the ticket to anyone that had an email address.

But in the past few years, hasn't the recipient been required to have an account to accept and either put on their own passport, print, or load to their phone?

I'm not talking about Ticket Exchange, just transferring from the My Smashville Tix site

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
But in the past few years, hasn't the recipient been required to have an account to accept and either put on their own passport, print, or load to their phone?

I'm not talking about Ticket Exchange, just transferring from the My Smashville Tix site

yes and no. You can send it to them without an account. However to accept it, they must sign up for an account. The offer from you as the ticket holder can be made regardless.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Highly annoyed! I use a Blackberry (don't judge!) and I am not sure how this is going to work. I will be complaining to my rep and Sean Henry tomorrow.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I am sure it doesn't affect many, but I will be interested to see how the Preds handle those who do not have a smartphone. They have to offer some sort of solution.

I am just happy they at least mentioned transfer/resale, although they did have a disclaimer on resale (when available). Hopefully that is just referring to the premium games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad