Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Up the street from the Ryman on the left. It's the garage at the base of 505, that 45 floor residential building that was recently completed.

300px-505_from_Broadway_and_5th.png

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Parking in the 5th Avenue garage isn't going to be purchase for me again. It's too slow to get out of. We're talking 30 minutes plus for each playoff game so far - 45 minutes last night and I was on level 3. You'll basically stay parked for 30+ minutes and then the line will start moving. People blowing their horns at each game so far. Really stinks after a loss. On top of that, you're only saving $1 per game as the normal gate rate is $10 per night at 5th Avenue compared to the STH $9 per game.

Pinnacle is far better save for the the higher price point during the playoffs.

Can't comment on MCC.

Okay thanks I wasn't sure where the 5th ave garage was.

I can comment on MCC. That's where I parked all season on a pass. It was 30-45 minutes to get out on a normal season hockey game. Drove me insane. One of the reasons I left so early during regular season.

So decided to splurge and pay $10 more for first baptist lot during the playoffs. Had no idea what to expect.....oh my. Don't leave early, walk across the street and within 10 minutes I am down broadway and on the interstate. For me, it is so worth it during the playoffs. They have a section reserved for people who bought passes, but they still have a lot of parking places that people pay that night. I've never inquired about the price since I prepaid.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Parking in the 5th Avenue garage isn't going to be purchase for me again. It's too slow to get out of. We're talking 30 minutes plus for each playoff game so far - 45 minutes last night and I was on level 3. You'll basically stay parked for 30+ minutes and then the line will start moving. People blowing their horns at each game so far. Really stinks after a loss. On top of that, you're only saving $1 per game as the normal gate rate is $10 per night at 5th Avenue compared to the STH $9 per game.

Can't comment on MCC.
Yes yes yes- we parked there for first time ever for game 1- took FOREVER to get out- and it was midnight and we had a 3 hour drive home- ugh

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Does everyone realize that you can park for free over at Nissan Stadium for every game? After each game, we walk to the truck and drive out without any traffic to deal with. I know there could be physical limitations for some people where they have to be closer to Bridgestone, but I haven’t paid for Predators game parking basically ever...while getting some excercise and a great view to and from the games without dealing with traffic.
Maybe I’m missing something here.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Well there was some mention of those lots not being usable for some reason for some of the games. So that may be part of it.

Plus isn't I 24 closed this weekend right there?

The rest probably has to do with age or safety or weather . If you are a female by yourself, not a good option probably. And less distance, fewer drunks to deal with, frankly.

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Well there was some mention of those lots not being usable for some reason for some of the games. So that may be part of it.

Plus isn't I 24 closed this weekend right there?

The rest probably has to do with age or safety or weather . If you are a female by yourself, not a good option probably. And less distance, fewer drunks to deal with, frankly.

There’s always a lot at Bridgestone open for Preds parking. You are walking with thousands of other people and I personally have never had any problem with drunks in the Preds crowd. Yeah, sometimes the weather sucks. I still would rather not pay an extra $10-$25 a game, but that’s just me.

I definitely see a couple of more good reasons there though that I didn’t think about.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
There’s always a lot at Bridgestone open for Preds parking. You are walking with thousands of other people and I personally have never had any problem with drunks in the Preds crowd. Yeah, sometimes the weather sucks. I still would rather not pay an extra $10-$25 a game, but that’s just me.

I definitely see a couple of more good reasons there though that I didn’t think about.
I'd rather pay $20 for the garage rather than walk in the rain/freezing weather.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We always part at garage that is on same road where the fed ex is on the corner. It is always $15.

Anyone know what that is called? We have parked there for years but I have no idea what it is called- lol

We have never, ever had an issue getting out of there after a game, even during the playoffs and finals last year.

But for some reason, for the first time ever it took FOREVER to get out of there Friday night. Have no idea why...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Can't comment on MCC.

It took about 45 minutes to get out of the Pinnacle garage Friday night--granted I was on the 5th floor even though I wasn't late getting there. It doesn't usually take that long, even on the upper levels, but every so often it's just awful. It's probably related to who is directing the traffic and how they're routing people. We waited a long time, then would move a bit then wait again, so you might not have fared any better.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN

I personally love walking over the pedestrian bridge after a game! Besides being free, the walk over after the game helps me to completely sober up so I can drive and my fat butt needs the exercise to boot! It's a win-win for many reasons!

Awesome views too!!
23456455_10156055490211019_3844980750966270029_o.jpg

I keep a couple of of the emergency plastic ponchos on me too in case it rains.

Reactions: codeman00

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’ll walk in rounds 3 and 4. Bought parking at mcc for 1&2 and have a pretty easy time getting out of there.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
It took about 45 minutes to get out of the Pinnacle garage Friday night--granted I was on the 5th floor even though I wasn't late getting there. It doesn't usually take that long, even on the upper levels, but every so often it's just awful. It's probably related to who is directing the traffic and how they're routing people. We waited a long time, then would move a bit then wait again, so you might not have fared any better.

You must have been a car or two near me, I was also on the 5th floor. FFS, that was terrible. I had a 3 hour drive home, had to get up for work at 5:30 am. I hated life that night.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
You must have been a car or two near me, I was also on the 5th floor. FFS, that was terrible. I had a 3 hour drive home, had to get up for work at 5:30 am. I hated life that night.
I am usually in an ancient white Mercury Mountaineer with Preds tag. Not the night to be generally pissed off at life, for sure. I was second from the back I'm pretty sure, maybe third.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Same exact thing for me- there isn’t too much worse than sitting forever in a parking deck knowing you still have a 3 hour drive home if you ever do get out. I just about lost my mind

If I ever live in Nashville I will never ever complain about parking

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
If anyone has a reasonable single ticket to sell for Friday's game with a reasonable view of the ice, please let me know.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Was curious about ticket prices for this round- the get in price for game 1 is over $200.

Did some calculations and it would cost our family of 3 at least $4,000 if we had to rely on secondary market to go to all the games in round 1 and 2. Maybe even more depending on how high a game 7 would be.

And round 3 and 4 would of course be WAY higher than that- at least double or more.

I am dang glad I decided at the last minute to bite the bullet and get a full season ticket last year- otherwise we would not be going to many playoff games.

It is crazy how things have changed. I used to buy playoff tickets round by round and could always find lowers for well under $100 each. I also remember the Preds selling $40 (or something similar) lower level tickets to STH for game 6 in the first round a couple of years ago- after a blowout loss in game 5 everyone thought we were about to get knocked out. And the second round wasn't too much more than that.

Different times.......

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Remember the days when Leipold would hand out freebies to people on Lower Broad and we'd get perturbed because we'd paid our STH first round price of $50 or whatever?

Those days are gone. And while it isn't good for the old pocketbook, it's a very positive sign for the Predators in Nashville.

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Was curious about ticket prices for this round- the get in price for game 1 is over $200.

Did some calculations and it would cost our family of 3 at least $4,000 if we had to rely on secondary market to go to all the games in round 1 and 2. Maybe even more depending on how high a game 7 would be.

And round 3 and 4 would of course be WAY higher than that- at least double or more.

I am dang glad I decided at the last minute to bite the bullet and get a full season ticket last year- otherwise we would not be going to many playoff games.

It is crazy how things have changed. I used to buy playoff tickets round by round and could always find lowers for well under $100 each. I also remember the Preds selling $40 (or something similar) lower level tickets to STH for game 6 in the first round a couple of years ago- after a blowout loss in game 5 everyone thought we were about to get knocked out. And the second round wasn't too much more than that.

Different times.......

I was going to post about the same....I'm so glad I signed up for 3 years! Still upset that I split my ticket package up and mad at the Preds for not giving us a heads up on the playoff situation this season, but that story has been told here already.

I need to buy a single through my STH account and the prices are crazy even with the 3 year discount. And it's only Round 2 !!

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I was going to post about the same....I'm so glad I signed up for 3 years! Still upset that I split my ticket package up and mad at the Preds for not giving us a heads up on the playoff situation this season, but that story has been told here already.

I need to buy a single through my STH account and the prices are crazy even with the 3 year discount. And it's only Round 2 !!

Forgive me, but what do you mean split up? I keep reading this and don't know what you mean.

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Forgive me, but what do you mean split up? I keep reading this and don't know what you mean.
I signed up for the 3 year Full Season plan and decided to split my season tickets 3 ways with the intention of buying my own set of playoff tickets like has been allowed for STH's for 20 years. This year in January, an email came out telling the STH's that they weren't allowed to buy extra playoff strips this season and that we would only receive our season ticket seats for the playoffs. I'm now stuck splitting up my playoff tickets 3 ways. If I would have known ahead of time, I would have never split my season tickets up in the first place.

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
One interesting thing is that there are a lot of seats available in the STH sale. A surprising number really. What the Preds are doing is working I guess. They are getting all of the extra money that the general public made off of tickets last year but at the expensive of not selling out easily or at all. Like I said, it's only Round 2. And there's only so much money/interest to go around.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
One interesting thing is that there are a lot of seats available in the STH sale. A surprising number really. What the Preds are doing is working I guess. They are getting all of the extra money that the general public made off of tickets last year but at the expensive of not selling out easily or at all. Like I said, it's only Round 2. And there's only so much money/interest to go around.

Yep, a very surprising number available, even more than there were for round 1.

And wow at those prices. I get the reasons why, but still:

Lowers- as high as $360
Club- $240-$311
Fan Zone- $224
Upper- $144-186

And those are the full STH rates. They will be much higher if/when any go on sale to the public.

Again, I fully understand the reasons why but I still say those prices are ridiculous. And It doesn't matter to me, I have my tickets. I would like to see how those prices compare to the other 7 teams. I would be willing to bet it is one of the most expensive...

I can only imagine how much more they will be for round 3 and 4.

More power to the Preds for getting what they can I guess, but there is going to be a big time crash when we hit a down stretch (which hopefully is a few years away).

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Some of better 3XX level tickets with the full 3 year discount I saw were from $199-$223 on my chart. I don't know why, but I grabbed a single at $199. I just don't want to ever retire I guess. It will most likely be the last playoff game this year I buy outside of my STH package thanks to these prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce