Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Single for tonight for sale.

303. R. End seat 21.

I'm in Birmingham for work and can't make it. Asking $100 via Venmo. I'll transfer you the ticket right after payment.

Sold on exchange.

Last edited:

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Lots of people bought season tickets last year just to go to those playoff games, so I think the secondary market is bigger than last year.

predfan2424

May 24, 2017
I've got 2 premium lower bowl seats but can't go tonight. Daughter has a stomach bug. What is the best way to unload these quickly for a decent price?

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
I'm seeing $78+ fees tickets now on TM. Now THAT....is a correction. I just snagged a couple of $99+ fees ticket in 324 Row B.

What's interesting is the Preds special ticket codes give me access to tickets well behind those seats for $199. smh

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
I've got 2 premium lower bowl seats but can't go tonight. Daughter has a stomach bug. What is the best way to unload these quickly for a decent price?
1) List them on the Predators Buy Sell Tickets page on Facebook. (you will have to have paypal, use private messaging and text the codes to your buyer).
2) Relist them on TM and make sure you are lower than anyone else out there. (easiest method)

predfan2424

May 24, 2017
1) List them on the Predators Buy Sell Tickets page on Facebook. (you will have to have paypal, use private messaging and text the codes to your buyer).
2) Relist them on TM and make sure you are lower than anyone else out there. (easiest method)
Thanks. I put them on TM for $200 each which is pretty much what I paid for them. Ends up being $224 with fees.

Reactions: codeman00

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Thanks. I put them on TM for $200 each which is pretty much what I paid for them. Ends up being $224 with fees.

Just look and see what others around you are priced. And other places in lower bowl. And price lower.
Someone bought 1 ticket from me in lower bowl 70 minutes before puck drop on Friday. On Ticketmaster exchange.

Reactions: codeman00

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Ouch,
Today withdrawal for Saturday game, tomorrow for may paymen for next season tickets.

I don't care......preds play thrust June and make me broke!

( ok beans and rice, here we come, lol)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Ouch,
Today withdrawal for Saturday game, tomorrow for may paymen for next season tickets.

I don't care......preds play thrust June and make me broke!

( ok beans and rice, here we come, lol)
I'm not supposed to be eating beans and rice but diabetes prevention be damned. Bring on the credit card hits!

Still, I think I'll just pay the card without looking at the individual totals. It's easier on the heart that way.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I must be missing an email highlighting all of the details on this but...

Who can fill me in on ACH? Apparently today is the deadline to make the switch if you want to avoid some fee starting May 1st. I understand it is a payment option where they autodraft from your checking account each month but I'm having trouble finding a description of the fee structure. I may be willing to pay a fee to avoid them having direct access to my bank account but would like to better understand the fee structure first. Thanks!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
As I remember if you continue to put on credit card each month, there is an additional $10 per month fee. If you allow them acces to bank account and have them withdraw from your checking account, there is no $10 fee monthly and they give you a $100 gift card.

So, depend s on you and what is best.

Please check with a rep, this is just what I remember.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Thanks. I don't see a reference to the gift card so must have completely misplaced this email (even though I thought gmail was forever!).

Not worth it to me for $10/mo (since that is easily offset by my cc bonus points) but where I would get hit hardest is during the playoffs next season if it's $10/transaction.

Reactions: Adz and predfan98

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I must be missing an email highlighting all of the details on this but...

Who can fill me in on ACH? Apparently today is the deadline to make the switch if you want to avoid some fee starting May 1st. I understand it is a payment option where they autodraft from your checking account each month but I'm having trouble finding a description of the fee structure. I may be willing to pay a fee to avoid them having direct access to my bank account but would like to better understand the fee structure first. Thanks!
I will gladly pay $10/month to keep my credit card active--Preds stuff is all I ever charge on there.

Here's the text of my email from my rep:
Hi Lisa,
By now you have probably heard about our fantastic new payment method available for 2018/19 season.
ACH or Electronic Check payments are more secure than Credit/Debit card payments and allow funds to be drafted directly from your checking account. The best part about ACH is that it saves both parties on the fees associated with Credit/Debit card charges.
By signing up for ACH before May 1st 2018 you will save a total of $120 in fees over the course of the 18/19 season.
To get set up you can either provide me with the following information:
-Bank account number.
-Routing Number.
-Financial Institution name.
Or send a voided check.
Checks may be addressed as follows:
Nashville Predators Ticket Office
C/O Rian Hooper (you'd send to your own rep)
501 Broadway,
Nashville, TN 37203
Let me know if you have any questions.
Best regards,
Rian

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thanks. I don't see a reference to the gift card so must have completely misplaced this email (even though I thought gmail was forever!).

Not worth it to me for $10/mo (since that is easily offset by my cc bonus points) but where I would get hit hardest is during the playoffs next season if it's $10/transaction.
I think it's $10/month, not per transaction and it may only be for your Preds regular season tickets and possibly parking. Not sure about that. I remember something about a gift card, but maybe that was on the website when we were accessing our playoff ticket/season ticket information back in February. It's probably been wiped from history.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I would love to know why ACH is fantastic. It's only fantastic for them.
You lose out on credit card points, an additional 20 days to make a payment, having someone on your side in case there is a dispute and you need a resolution.
You get $100 and another entity has access to your checking account.

If it were me, I would pay the $10 or just make one payment to only pay it once.

Also... I would love to know exactly how it's more secure?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I would love to know why ACH is fantastic. It's only fantastic for them.
You lose out on credit card points, an additional 20 days to make a payment, having someone on your side in case there is a dispute and you need a resolution.
You get $100 and another entity has access to your checking account.

If it were me, I would pay the $10 or just make one payment to only pay it once.

Also... I would love to know exactly how it's more secure?
The "fantastic" sarcasm is thick...

I agree with the negatives--I don't think it's "more" secure, either. That said, I have never had ACH screw up a transaction by charging more than was agreed to. But they're known amounts every month or year--that $629.33 for Mr. Adz's life insurance (don't smoke, guys--mine is ~$50 and I'm older than he is!) comes out every month. It is more secure than checks, but only because people and entities lose stuff...but not credit cards.

It would be nice to pay it all at once, and I used to, but find that a set amount per month is easier on the overall budget.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The "fantastic" sarcasm is thick...

I agree with the negatives--I don't think it's "more" secure, either. That said, I have never had ACH screw up a transaction by charging more than was agreed to. But they're known amounts every month or year--that $629.33 for Mr. Adz's life insurance (don't smoke, guys--mine is ~$50 and I'm older than he is!) comes out every month. It is more secure than checks, but only because people and entities lose stuff...but not credit cards.

It would be nice to pay it all at once, and I used to, but find that a set amount per month is easier on the overall budget.
You've never had ACH screw something up, until they do, and at that point, the money is gone until it's resolved. The less entities that have access to my bank account, the better. What's to stop someone taking that info and doing something malicious with it when they leave? I know this is all unlikely, but it's happened before (not with the Preds).

The Preds have millions in revenue. It's hard to believe that they care so much about credit card processing fees.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Superyan, this is exactly why I've weighed the cost/benefit on this and for $10/mo I'll keep my checking account info to myself. I specifically remember an instance a 2-3 years ago that led me to believe that the Preds, at that time, were keeping my account password in plain text. They may have improved security since then but I have no way of knowing that. $10/mo (less once offset by cc points) is not enough to make me gamble.

Reactions: predfan98

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Superyan, this is exactly why I've weighed the cost/benefit on this and for $10/mo I'll keep my checking account info to myself. I specifically remember an instance a 2-3 years ago that led me to believe that the Preds, at that time, were keeping my account password in plain text. They may have improved security since then but I have no way of knowing that. $10/mo (less once offset by cc points) is not enough to make me gamble.
Everyone values their points differently. I am pretty stingy and am good at the points game and I usually get between 1.75 and 2 cents per Amex point of value when I trade them in. If you take your annual invoice and see what your value it and it's more than $120, stick with the credit card.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
You've never had ACH screw something up, until they do, and at that point, the money is gone until it's resolved. The less entities that have access to my bank account, the better. What's to stop someone taking that info and doing something malicious with it when they leave? I know this is all unlikely, but it's happened before (not with the Preds).

The Preds have millions in revenue. It's hard to believe that they care so much about credit card processing fees.
Nope, and hopefully they won't.

Credit card fees are TERRIBLE. They really affect the bottom line for our projects because our quotes are not created with CC fees added in (the request to use them is very rare).

But a place that deals in credit card transactions all the time, they should consider it a CODB, much like buying flash drives and external hard drives or paying for FTP sites to get the animation to the client is part of our CODB. If someone is paying us $50K to do a project, we can throw in a $7 flash drive. $1950 for fees is a whole different thing!

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Everyone values their points differently. I am pretty stingy and am good at the points game and I usually get between 1.75 and 2 cents per Amex point of value when I trade them in. If you take your annual invoice and see what your value it and it's more than $120, stick with the credit card.

Same. Let's just say I may or may not also frequent the "Churn, baby, churn!" subreddit... frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad