Post-Game Talk: Nashville 4 Edmonton 0

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Watching Saros' highlight reel from the night it just reiterates how poorly Brossoit has done. I don't recall seeing him steal us any games.

Saros will be a legit #1 once Nashville decides to trade him IMO.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Give me a break! This game was bad luck pure and simple, no bounces our way 3 bounces going for Nashville and a 5-3 goal. Thats it, even our first 2 PP were good, the last one was brutal however.
Crap teams blame bad luck. This team just isn't very good in any aspect, least of all goaltending/special teams.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Even if they do find their scoring touch again, they can't outscore opponents with the goaltending they've been getting all year.

I have no clue what Chiarelli sees in LB. Ever since he entered the league as a back up he's been brutal. Why does he keep getting so many chances?

Exactly. we are dead last in the NHL in SV %, that mostly has to fall on the goalies. Why Chia has stuck with Brossiot?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
The game is not on Brossiot, but how come we can never get the games where our goalie steals it for us? There should be a handful or more games a year that your goalie steals the show...we have not had that this year.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I'll reiterate, please explain to me which goal you critics expected Brossoit to save?

That fourth goal he was slow coming across.

Please explain how many goals the Oilers would have given up with an average backup playing in net. Quid pro quo.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
That fourth goal he was slow coming across.

Please explain how many goals the Oilers would have given up with an average backup playing in net. Quid pro quo.

So does Nashville lose if its 3-0 then? Cant score, cant PK, this team is built wrong.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Crap teams blame bad luck. This team just isn't very good in any aspect, least of all goaltending/special teams.

That poster isn't wrong. They actually played very well most of the game but this is just one of those games where bad reffing (the 1st goal) and bad bounces in a couple minute stretch did them in, not to mention that the goalie can never come up with a big save when they really need it.

Moral victories do nothing for them at this point but by and large they have been playing a better brand of hockey the last 10 games or so which sadly is all we really have to hope for at this point.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I'm all for crapping on the Oilers when they play like garbage. They played hard right to the end and didn't get a goal.

Answer the question Croissant-apologist. How many goals do the Oilers give up with an average backup playing in net? Quid pro quo?

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
Drai will be fine long term. He's a better player than Lucic or RNH. Can't blame the guy for taking advantage of Chiarelli.
Is he going to be better than those 2 though? I've seen one great season where he played wing with mcdavid.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm all for crapping on the Oilers when they play like garbage. They played hard right to the end and didn't get a goal.

Yeah I agree. Give it to em when they play like crap. Tonight was not one of those nights.

Nashville plays like that and we play like that and 9/10 times we win that game. Is what it is.

I'll gladly take that exact same effort next game.

They're not making the playoffs, but at least they're playing hard.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah I agree. Give it to em when they play like crap. Tonight was not one of those nights.

Nashville plays like that and we play like that and 9/10 times we win that game. Is what it is.

I'll gladly take that exact same effort next game.

They're not making the playoffs, but at least they're playing hard.
#moralvictories

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is he going to be better than those 2 though? I've seen one great season where he played wing with mcdavid.

Yes. Not even a question in my mind. He is a flat out better player with better hockey sense than either of those guys, just in a funk.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That poster isn't wrong. They actually played very well most of the game but this is just one of those games where bad reffing (the 1st goal) and bad bounces in a couple minute stretch did them in, not to mention that the goalie can never come up with a big save when they really need it.

Moral victories do nothing for them at this point but by and large they have been playing a better brand of hockey the last 10 games or so which sadly is all we really have to hope for at this point.
They certainly outworked the Preds but they didn't outsmart them. The Oilers have very few dangerous weapons because nobody can shoot worth a damn. Super easy shutout for Saros tonight.

The Oilers are amazing at working hard at accomplishing nothing.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Leafs shutout that goal against was horrible, and the only goal of the game. How is that not on Croissant? If if for costing the Oilers one point.
Because the Oilers had 59:26 to tie the game. If you're going to blame anyone or anything for that loss it was the PP failing to score on a two minute 5-on-3.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They certainly outworked the Preds but they didn't outsmart them. The Oilers have very few dangerous weapons because nobody can shoot worth a damn. Super easy shutout for Saros tonight.

The Oilers are amazing at working hard at accomplishing nothing.

I wouldn't say "super easy". Saros was fortunate on quite a few occasions too.

I'll take that same game from them on Saturday.

Reactions: Yablo21

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1