Post-Game Talk: Nashville 4 Edmonton 0

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
I know we scored 0, and need to bury our chances but Brossiot just blows. Why can't this team get any 1 of the 60 goalies out there that are better than him?

He has a lot of bad technique in his play, but all of the goals tonight were from high quality scoring chances. I'm not sure Talbot or any goalie in the league has a good chance of catching that kind of shots.

Reactions: bucks_oil

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Congratulations, Saros! Dubnyk is injured, so whoever the hell is Minnesota's backup will be next in line.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nashville, the hottest team in hockey gets a gift-wrapped goal by the NHL's referees and the Oilers proceed to fire blanks all night while continuing their record setting abomination of a PK at home.

Bad reffing, **** luck, horrid special teams and winning the Corsi battle. Sums up our season so far.

Dorian Gray, I’m telling you, this is Dorian Gray. Somebody sold their soul for last season.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
aa0.png

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This game was stacked on top of a bunch of similar games this year so every one will freak out. That said I think if you just watched this game you would say the oilers deserved to win, and out played one of the best teams in hockey. If they replay that game they win 9/10 times with decent goaltending. The goal tending is just brutal, don't get why we are sticking with Brossiot. I am losing faith in Chia over it.

Please tell me how they win a game without scoring?

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Nashville, the hottest team in hockey gets a gift-wrapped goal by the NHL's referees and the Oilers proceed to fire blanks all night while continuing their record setting abomination of a PK at home.

Bad reffing, **** luck, horrid special teams and winning the Corsi battle. Sums up our season so far.

No kidding.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Can't really lay this one at Brossoit's feet when the other guy makes 46 stops, IMO.

Never blame the goalie in a shutout. Could he have been better, sure, but we're splitting hairs. Whether this game is 2, 3, or 4 nothing, this is a shutout loss anyway you slice it.

Nashville got an absolute gift to go up 1-0, but then they ran with it.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Haven't hear the name Woodcroft uttered once by the MSM. How is this even possible. Man shouldn't have a job anymore. Imagine being this incompetent at youre f***ing job.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Oilers are playing better but goaltending and the ability to finish still needs work obviously.
They certainly aren't making it easy on themselves to get back into the playoff picture... but I still actually have confidence they'll get there.
They need to play at a 110 point pace for the rest of the season to have a chance.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If they could have turned Eberle into James Neal they probably make the playoffs, should've done some three way there. Just not enough finish in this group.

Oh well. I can live with the effort, would actually be more than happy if they play with the same exact effort on Saturday, but I doubt they do.

I don't expect playoffs this year, just effort.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Absolutely dominated Nashville tonight, no goals. What are you gonna do. Bad penalties in the second is my only real criticism.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
He has a lot of bad technique in his play, but all of the goals tonight were from high quality scoring chances. I'm not sure Talbot or any goalie in the league has a good chance of catching that kind of shots.
A good goalie needs to stop the majority of high danger scoring chances. A good goalie needs to consistently save your D's ass from defensive lapses. That's just the reality in the NHL. Just making the easy saves isn't enough.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'm bringing this over from the Woodcroft thread:

Tonight was the 20th time in 31 games the Oilers' power play has been shutout (one other game they didn't get a PP). The PP is 0/46 in those twenty games.

PK is now 26/45 (57.8%) at home.

At the very least Woodcroft and Johnson should be fired immediately but we know nothing will happen with McLellan's boys.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Funny enough Natural stat trick had the Oilers almost even with the Preds in terms of High Danger chances.

Just goes to show how woeful this team is.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Did you watch the game? Which one should have he saved, honestly?
Second one bad positioning, way to far out so he couldn't get across. Saw the shot coming and waved his hand cause he couldn't push over cause he slid to far out.

Third goal he was on his knees, also saw the shot, tracked it and all he managed to do was move his stick like a foot and shrug.

4th goal. 5 on 3 similar to the 2nd goal, saw he shot coming didn't even attempt to push off the post and just flashes his glove no where near the shot

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I'm not gonna complain when they show up and work. They did. Once again deserved a better fate.

Don't even know what to say about Brassoit. Maybe that 4th was a bad read on the pass and he was slow to get over.

They generated scoring chances like crazy. And finished none. You could even see some awesome chances develop and then slip away before they became scoring chances. Left right and center. Then Nashville shoots a puck off 2 guys and it sits there for the open forward to chip in an empty netter. Of their 4 goals.. 3 were quite fortunate.

The only thing that makes it real sad is they pissed away too many to have these types of games. and to have 2 in 3 games you have to know deep in your heart. The hockey gods are sticking it to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad