Post-Game Talk: Nashville 4 Edmonton 0

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Whens the media gonna start questioning Draisaitl 's game?

Who?

Drai got paid, he's done. And place don't say "his points are almost the same as last season", he is simply not the same player this year. Number one disappointment for me on the entire team.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Again, of course we need to score. Still Brossiot sucked and this has been going on all year. Games where the oilers have scored a bunch they have lost because of him. He sucks.
We didn't lose the game because of Brossoit. But he did nothing to help us win it either

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
684383.jpg

Reactions: McDNicks17

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Dorian Gray, I’m telling you, this is Dorian Gray. Somebody sold their soul for last season.

I think you are really overplaying the Dorian Gray analogy. The Picture of Dorian Gray is all about living a life without morality. The Oilers definitely had some luck last season, but I don't think this season is some retribution from God.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
A good goalie needs to stop the majority of high danger scoring chances. A good goalie needs to consistently save your D's ass from defensive lapses. That's just the reality in the NHL. Just making the easy saves isn't enough.
In a way, yes. I look at the Preds defensive formation and compare it to Oilers... The quality of offense that gets through is just different.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Once you let go of the playoffs, things become a lot easier to digest. It's not happening and if it does it just a nice little miracle.

Effort was good tonight, I will take that effort every night for the rest of the season, no questions asked.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Watching Saros' highlight reel from the night it just reiterates how poorly Brossoit has done. I don't recall seeing him steal us any games.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Again, of course we need to score. Still Brossiot sucked and this has been going on all year. Games where the oilers have scored a bunch they have lost because of him. He sucks.

And if the team scored a goal or two I would agree with you. When the team has consistently shown it doesnt have the depth scoring or offence from the backend I can't agree. Is Broissoit one of the problems? Probably. Is he the main one? IMO no. Main problems are depth and no offence from the backend.

Edit: Also worth mentioning who's idea it was to run with Broissoit as the backup and not do anything to fix it. Chia should be toast, just incomprehensible what he's done with this season. To go from verge of Western Conferences finals to top 5 pick is incomprehensible given the average age of the team.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think you are really overplaying the Dorian Gray analogy. The Picture of Dorian Gray is all about living a life without morality. The Oilers definitely had some luck last season, but I don't think this season is some retribution from God.

Not just any god, The Hockey Gods.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Second one bad positioning, way to far out so he couldn't get across. Saw the shot coming and waved his hand cause he couldn't push over cause he slid to far out.

Third goal he was on his knees, also saw the shot, tracked it and all he managed to do was move his stick like a foot and shrug.

4th goal. 5 on 3 similar to the 2nd goal, saw he shot coming didn't even attempt to push off the post and just flashes his glove no where near the shot

Give me a break! This game was bad luck pure and simple, no bounces our way 3 bounces going for Nashville and a 5-3 goal. Thats it, even our first 2 PP were good, the last one was brutal however.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Once you let go of the playoffs, things become a lot easier to digest. It's not happening and if it does it just a nice little miracle.

Effort was good tonight, I will take that effort every night for the rest of the season, no questions asked.
I'm getting to this point as well. It's kind of freeing actually.

I just want to see a solid effort, and points every night from McDavid so he can snag another Art Ross. Anything else is a bonus

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Give me a break! This game was bad luck pure and simple, no bounces our way 3 bounces going for Nashville and a 5-3 goal. Thats it, even our first 2 PP were good, the last one was brutal however.
Ahh yes. "luck" we suck because "luck"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad