Post-Game Talk: Nashville 4 Edmonton 0

EakinsMVP

Apr 23, 2015
are-you-going-to-finish-that-croissant-4476492.png

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I'm sorry but 5-11 at home. a pk at around 58%. We aren't winning games because we constantly lose special teams battles badly

Reactions: NeverForget06

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Like I said, this season is like the portrait of Dorian Gray for all the luck the Oilers had last season.

Reactions: dsi

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This team is garbage at home and just garbage in general.

Someone really needs to lose their job over this season and sadly the coach is the most likely suspect when the roster has zero depth at almost every position.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Ok I've learned my lesson for the last time this season... I'm never getting excited about this team again.

And this coaching staff can all go away please

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I know we scored 0, and need to bury our chances but Brossiot just blows. Why can't this team get any 1 of the 60 goalies out there that are better than him?

Reactions: Night Witch

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers are playing better but goaltending and the ability to finish still needs work obviously.
They certainly aren't making it easy on themselves to get back into the playoff picture... but I still actually have confidence they'll get there.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nashville, the hottest team in hockey gets a gift-wrapped goal by the NHL's referees and the Oilers proceed to fire blanks all night while continuing their record setting abomination of a PK at home.

Bad reffing, shit luck, horrid special teams and winning the Corsi battle. Sums up our season so far.

Reactions: dustrock

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Oilers are playing better but goaltending and the ability to finish still needs work obviously.
They certainly aren't making it easy on themselves to get back into the playoff picture... but I still actually have confidence they'll get there.

This game was stacked on top of a bunch of similar games this year so every one will freak out. That said I think if you just watched this game you would say the oilers deserved to win, and out played one of the best teams in hockey. If they replay that game they win 9/10 times with decent goaltending. The goal tending is just brutal, don't get why we are sticking with Brossiot. I am losing faith in Chia over it.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'll say it right now, we're not making the playoffs again until we trade Draisaitl for some depth and get an offensive dman. Draisaitl is massively overpaid for what he brings to the team.

Reactions: yababy

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

Even if they do find their scoring touch again, they can't outscore opponents with the goaltending they've been getting all year.

I have no clue what Chiarelli sees in LB. Ever since he entered the league as a back up he's been brutal. Why does he keep getting so many chances?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->