Confirmed with Link: Nash (50% ret.) to Boston for Spooner + Lindgren + Beleskey (50% ret.) + 2018 1st + 2019 7th

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
He really could not get better prospect than Lindgren? Like, I do not know much about him, but Rangers have a ton of defensive prospects, why add another? Lindgren does not really look anything special.
Bruins seem like they have a tier of prospects they wouldn't have moved for Nash (Donato, probably Trent Frederic, the guys who are up in the NHL already, maybe a couple others) and a really really big tier of guys who are iffy (JFK, Lindgren, Senyshyn etc).

I would have liked to have two from category B but Spooner should have more value if we flip him (or keep him and flip one of our "core" guys)

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
OK, but except for Chtytil and Lias, Rangers do not have one real potential top6 offensive prospect.
We still have two big name players to trade by the draft along with 6 picks in the top 93. I assume some will be forwards. Personnaly I’d like Aidin Dudas with one of those seconds

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
After this deadline, I can't wait to do a prospect ranking.

After the draft, I can't wait to do another prospect ranking lol.

By the end of the draft. We can potentially have 5 new prospects through trades and another 8 prospects from the first 3 rounds.

Lol, we are only doing one of poll. With 9 new draftees, Rykov and now Lindgren, possibly (probably?) more guys coming for MZA and McD (and maybe DD), as well as possible UDFAs, I think we should wait to the end of the preseason for the next round of polling so we could watch them in Traverse and training camp.

But very exciting to finally have a big, beautiful farm.

Reactions: Edge

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
We have a ton of defensive prospects?
They have a bunch of D prospects with no high end upside

Outside of the guys the team just acquired, the most interesting guys to me are Day and Sjalin. If Sjalin can develop, he could end up being a solid middle pairing guy

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm sure the Rangers are very familiar with Lindgren from having checked in on Nanne throughout the year.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Bruins seem like they have a tier of prospects they wouldn't have moved for Nash (Donato, probably Trent Frederic, the guys who are up in the NHL already, maybe a couple others) and a really really big tier of guys who are iffy (JFK, Lindgren, Senyshyn etc).

I would have liked to have two from category B but Spooner should have more value if we flip him (or keep him and flip one of our "core" guys)

JFK is the guy I was most worried about moving. I doubt he was on the table or an option at all.

I wasnt gunna comment but I figured I’d throw this out there so you don’t say in 2/3 years “what could have been”

The other options in the Lindgren area were probably Cehlarik and maybe Lauzon.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Lundqvist was a 7th round pick. You never know.
Here is the rest of that 7th round:

upload_2018-2-25_16-14-21.png

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lol.

I think some of you think the pieces are all going to be in place for a rebuild by this Monday.

It doesn’t work that way.

The Rangers are still adding young talent, and will have to continue to do so for at least another couple of seasons.

That includes the upcoming draft, additional trades, and signings.

I am sure they are not content with their depth at the forward ranks. But we are just starting the entire process.

Trust me, this is going to take some time and it’s not always going to be pleasant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad