Confirmed with Link: Nash (50% ret.) to Boston for Spooner + Lindgren + Beleskey (50% ret.) + 2018 1st + 2019 7th

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
This is a nice one to read about. I'm surprised, but only because of how good it is. A center just hitting his stride and having proven himself. That's amazingly good. Team's complexion changes for real now.
The cherry on top is that Nash is in Boston and not Tampa Bay.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I haven't read all 16 pages, but the trade obviously revolves around if you even keep Spooner or not. And then if you do, what position he plays.

Spooner has hands down, no doubt about it, been the most frustrating Bruins prospect in recent memory. For those of you old enough, he's been a lot like Kovalev was. Brilliant offensive player, extremely questionable work ethic, very little desire to get dirty, and middling hockey IQ. When he's great you think WOW. When he's bad you want to pull your hair out. Last playoffs he was bad enough the coach had to healthy scratch him along with Hayes and Beleskey. So you can see why some Bruins fans aren't that broken up about seeing him go.

Btw for sure you want to dress him on the wing if you dress him at all (ie don't trade him). At C he's going to be totally overmatched and his defensive zone starts will need to be kept at a minimum.

I'm hoping the first rounder is the last in the round ;)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Very interesting since Spooner is arguably a better offensive talent than Nash at this point anyways. Higher PPG in the last 3 seasons than him.

Lol is Boston drunk? Why did they throw in Spooner . . . ?

He's soft, inconsistent and doesn't do much outside of points. 61.62% of his shift starts this year were in the offensive third of the ice. The Bees wouldn't be throwing a first and a legit prospect on top of a .64 guy who just turned 26 years old if he had anything resembling Nash's all-around game. But he's a warm body who can add offense when we have nothing going with all the guys getting dumped. That said, I wonder if someone would take him for some futures.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It occurs to me that we got almost as much in value back for Rick Nash as a 33 year old rental as we paid for him at age 28 coming off 5-straight 30 goal seasons.

Erixon-Lindgren
Anisimov-Spooner
1st-1st

The only difference is Dubinsky, and we got a 7th instead of a 3rd rounder back.

There was also a throw in 3rd round pick in the first Nash trade that is now our best forward.

Reactions: Beacon

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I stated already that I'd like to keep Zucc and McD.

Trump-Meme-Wrong-05.jpg

Reactions: Inferno

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
He really could not get better prospect than Lindgren? Like, I do not know much about him, but Rangers have a ton of defensive prospects, why add another? Lindgren does not really look anything special.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
He really could not get better prospect than Lindgren? Like, I do not know much about him, but Rangers have a ton of defensive prospects, why add another? Lindgren does not really look anything special.

He did, it's Ryan Spooner. Obviously not a kid but he's young. Lindgren and the 7ths are basically throw in's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad