Confirmed with Link: Nash (50% ret.) to Boston for Spooner + Lindgren + Beleskey (50% ret.) + 2018 1st + 2019 7th

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He does a weird little thing while skating where he twists out his ankles and continues skating forward at full speed while facing to the side.

I think Jeff Skinner does it too but nobody else in the league off the top of my head.

The 10 and 2 reference the angle of his skates when he does it, like 10 and 2 on a clock or \ /

Got it. I knew what you were talking about after you mentioned Skinner.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Man im bummed about losing Lindgren. Glad to see Spooner doing well, hes a great player. His biggest issue in Beantown before was that he was scared to touch another player but he has overcome that. You're going to see him open up his hips skating ALOT.

Seems we are in this together on the Beleskey front for the next two years as we both swallow that pill.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Don't think anyone expected his defensive game to be so good!

There's a lot of false information thrown around on the main boards about every player...none more than Nash, IMO. He's an elite 2-way forward at this point in his career and that's the main thing that's kept him relevant as a top 6 forward. His production has dropped, for sure. But it's not for a lack of effort and opportunity. Hopefully you guys see more of the same play that he's brought in his first 2 games.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
If anyone is interested - and has DirecTV - Minnesota and Ryan Lindgren are on Fox Sports North right now, a Big Ten playoff game against Penn State. Channel 668-2.

First (period) impressions: Definitely not the fastest player on the ice tonight but Lindgren is highly skilled and very smart and calm with the puck. He had a power play assist and loads of ice time. So far I like what I see.

As long as James Franklin doesn't find a way to get his stupid face on screen sometime during the game it looks to be an exciting watch.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Don't think anyone expected his defensive game to be so good!
He really is! I appreciated him for that. The team was so much better "because of him" and despite what many "less than knowlegable fans" would ever know, or admit. This was a great trade for both parties, love Nasher, (please make everyone (especially your knucklehead announcers KNOW that he should be called that, especially since you already have a Nash) they have been specifying "Rick" in the call. Really?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Holy Spooner likes his new team
Wow, when he finished that 3rd game.......(7pts) I said to myself......."in all of my 50 years of Rangers fandom......I don't think ANY newly aquired Ranger had produced that many pts in so few games........yeah bud, I was spot on. NEVER!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad