Rumor: Namestnikov Gaining Some Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Ellis put up 89 points in 57 OHL games and 31 points in 20 playoff games in his draft year, wake me up when Lundkvist does something remarkable or even close to that.

Also show me where Lundkvist can hit like this:

This post isn't helping your point at all.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
One trade I'd make in a second and it would infuriate this board because it's not youth; Namestnikov for Grabner straight up. Our old buddy as expected is having a rough start in the desert. I think it would get Hayes going. I'm not saying Grabner would put on a Rangers jersey and all of a sudden turn back into our Graber or even good Islanders Grabner, but I'd rather watch the Austrian Express skate all over the place and help the PK than crowd killer Namstnikov or Spooner.

Reactions: Stasis

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Good to hear. I didn't know much about Howden before the trade but he's looked really good for us so far. He's going to be a big part of our team going forward.
Your ownership and managerial group did everything right IMO. They did the anti- Detroit, and Habs way and drained themselves into nothing left in the cupboards. Montreal will fade, for the only player they have is Price. Detroit,...…...have they won a game yet?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Krug. Spurgeon.

Krug? 59 points last season. Wake me up when Lundkvist scores 10 in Sweden.

And can Lundkvist hit like Krug?

Spurgeon might be a good example, but he wasn't a 1st rounder, he was 6th rounder. Nobody should be using a 1st round pick on maaaybe a Spurgeon type player. It is really hard to get excited about a prospect like Lundkvist.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Krug? 59 points last season. Wake me up when Lundkvist scores 10 in Sweden.

And can Lundkvist hit like Krug?

Spurgeon might be a good example, but he wasn't a 1st rounder, he was 6th rounder. Nobody should be using a 1st round pick on maaaybe a Spurgeon type player. It is really hard to get excited about a prospect like Lundkvist.

He's 18. Give him a chance.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
One trade I'd make in a second and it would infuriate this board because it's not youth; Namestnikov for Grabner straight up. Our old buddy as expected is having a rough start in the desert. I think it would get Hayes going. I'm not saying Grabner would put on a Rangers jersey and all of a sudden turn back into our Graber or even good Islanders Grabner, but I'd rather watch the Austrian Express skate all over the place and help the PK than crowd killer Namstnikov or Spooner.

interesting. Smith or Shatt for Grabner would make more sense because they have same contract length.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He's 18. Give him a chance.

I do, but I just wish I could see some highlights clips to get me more excited about his NHL potential. I like his hockey IQ, but I want to see something more tangible that makes me understand why they drafted him in the 1st round.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I do, but I just wish I could see some highlights clips to get me more excited about his NHL potential. I like his hockey IQ, but I want to see something more tangible that makes me understand why they drafted him in the 1st round.

I don't think you realize how hard it is to produce in that league. EK had 10 points in 45 games as an 18 year old.

Reactions: Rangers743

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
problem is if Namestnikov turns into negative asset and Lundkvist and Hajek don't pan out then it doesn't really look that great. I think drafting Lundkvist was a mistake we should have taken Serron Noel.

Well, yeah. If half the players in any deal don’t pan out it’s probably going to change how it’s perceived.

But that’s also the inherent risk of trading established NHL players for prospects and picks.

Fortunately, we’re not there yet and the young players we acquired look good so far.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Well, yeah. If half the players in any deal don’t pan out it’s probably going to change how it’s perceived.

But that’s also the inherent risk of trading established NHL players for prospects and picks.

Fortunately, we’re not there yet and the young players we acquired look good so far.

If Hajek and Howden pan out anywhere near where they're capable than this was a good trade. That's not even factoring NL, nor the upcoming pick.

They got some seasoned prospects as much as straight up draft picks. So hopefully, it's a little easier to see light at the end of the tunnel. We shall see how this portends to the FO's talent evaluation with respect to trades.

Last edited:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
As for Namestikov, I think he's played well since the benching. The points are not there, I understand that but I like the way he's playing. It's not that altogether different than Fast. I mean strictly in the sense that he's playing smart and defensively responsible hockey, making good plays out there.

That's my eye test opinion.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Some of the comments are not just full of utter disrespect, but also show a bitter lack of understanding. If you don’t just google ‘Namestnikov eliteprospects’ to look up his goals and assists and actually watch him play, you’d see he is amongst our better players so far. Admittedly, that isn’t that hard at this moment - but judging him merely on his points total is a joke.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I really don't like Miller's contract--particularly the term length. His production has been good with Tampa though that's easier on a very good team.

I don't like Namestnikov's contract though either--not the term so much as the compensation and he's not producing anything.

Which is better? Right now Miller's. Eventually though I think that contract is going to be awful. The way Namestnikov is playing right now he might not get another NHL contract when his term is up.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Namestnikov, to me, has certainly passed the eye test, and apparently is passing the advanced stats test as well. The raw stats...well I'd say it's partially luck and partially his linemates as well as him being a generally lousy shooter.

I'd really like to see him on the top line for a game or 2...if for nothing else than to see if it's just smole and mirrors...or if it is just really good play.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
As I stated in the trade topic - I think it would be ideal if Gorton waited to move him. We are in no hurry to build his value and he has a two years contract - you can`t expect miracles playing him on the 4th line with less talented players. His points is not acceptable since he arrived here, but if they can somehow get him going and get Rangers a 1st in return instead of 2nd or 3rd pick - I would rather wait with the whole trade move.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
As I stated in the trade topic - I think it would be ideal if Gorton waited to move him. We are in no hurry to build his value and he has a two years contract - you can`t expect miracles playing him on the 4th line with less talented players. His points is not acceptable since he arrived here, but if they can somehow get him going and get Rangers a 1st in return instead of 2nd or 3rd pick - I would rather wait with the whole trade move.

I am fine with waiting on Namestnikov a little, but 2 things:

1. it might backfire if 50 games in he is in single digits in points
2. we need to trade somebody now if not Namestnikov then Vesey and/or Zucc and/or Spooner and/or Hayes and call up Andersson and Beleskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad