Rumor: Namestnikov Gaining Some Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Yeah well Nash was brought here to push us over the top. How’d that go???

Names is here so that Gorts can flip him for another asset(s).

Yes the contract is too much for too long but again since we aren’t competing it doesn’t matter. Maybe he can turn it around and be worth something this ur or next. Maybe not. But he’s not killing us like Nash did when he couldn’t do anything with the puck except go ass first or logo snipe
You're preaching to the choir regarding Nash.

Reactions: Riche16

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Unreal.

If he picks up his game, then he'll get dealt for a 2 or 3 at the deadline. If not he'll be dealt for whatever he gets at the next deadline when he's expiring. If he completely and utterly fails, then he's a temp vet.

This deal was for Hajek, Howden, 1st, and a conditional pick. If three of those for pan out then it's a very solid hockey trade. If two of those pan out, then it's doable considering the cap savings.

This team was not extending Miller to that deal and was wisely not extending McD even though he was my favorite player on the team. He's trending downward and the 2nd half of his deal will be brutal.

We all had stars in our eyes thinking of Serge or Pointe, but it wasn't going to happen.

Solid trade at the right time, case closed.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Unreal.

If he picks up his game, then he'll get dealt for a 2 or 3 at the deadline. If not he'll be dealt for whatever he gets at the next deadline when he's expiring. If he completely and utterly fails, then he's a temp vet.

This deal was for Hajek, Howden, 1st, and a conditional pick. If three of those for pan out then it's a very solid hockey trade. If two of those pan out, then it's doable considering the cap savings.

This team was not extending Miller to that deal and was wisely not extending McD even though he was my favorite player on the team. He's trending downward and the 2nd half of his deal will be brutal.

We all had stars in our eyes thinking of Serge or Pointe, but it wasn't going to happen.

Solid trade at the right time, case closed.

I don't agree at all. If you trade McD and Miller, with the contract situations they had and what they had done, you should get something back. That something should be good, with potential to become great. The picks are in essence a high 2nd and a high 3rd. If we end up getting a two solid players back -- that had very little potential to become great, its just not a good trade at all. And its far from a lock that we will even get that.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
The trade that got Namestvikov will go down as a poor trade but anyone’s standards.

Howden better turn into something or else the Rangers got embarrassed.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The trade that got Namestvikov will go down as a poor trade but anyone’s standards.

Howden better turn into something or else the Rangers got embarrassed.

Why? There's Hajek, the cond. 1st rounder next year and the pick that landed us Lundkvist. It's not just Howden. And we gave up McDonagh, who is going to be too old when we are through this rebuild anyway.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
"Ola, post: 151399675, member: 18088"]I don't agree at all. If you trade McD and Miller, with the contract situations they had and what they had done, you should get something back. That something should be good, with potential to become great. The picks are in essence a high 2nd and a high 3rd. If we end up getting a two solid players back -- that had very little potential to become great, its just not a good trade at all. And its far from a lock that we will even get that.

But if we consider McDonagh's contract, we did get good value. Tampa only had cost certainty for two playoff runs - basically he was a glorified rental. Also, too many people put an emphasis on what a player has historically done and ignore what the current situation is and what the likely prognosis of the near future looks like. McDonagh did great things for us years ago. Why would Tampa pay us for what McDonagh did for us way back when - they're only concerned with what McDonagh can likely do in the immediate future.

We already sequestered the best years out of McDonagh. He was a great player around 2011-12 and a couple of seasons after that. However, he clearly took a nose dive and never came back to his earlier form. He's a battle worn player that's good, but not great. That's who he is now. Thus, we got good pieces, not great ones in exchange for a defenseman that's a good player, not great.

The only way we could've gotten a top tier prospect would've been if we still had the 2012 Ryan McDonagh with term on his contract. That archetype would yield an elite prospect. A downtrending McDonagh that's almost 30 years old with an upcoming pay raise for several years, that also has no cost certainty, does not yield an elite prospect, let alone one that's already a roster player - like a Sergachev or Point.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Why? There's Hajek, the cond. 1st rounder next year and the pick that landed us Lundkvist. It's not just Howden. And we gave up McDonagh, who is going to be too old when we are through this rebuild anyway.
Not to mention that McDonagh hasn’t exactly been looking so hot for, like, two years. People here massively overrated him prior to the trade and it caused those people to react to the return like it was too little.

We got a very nice package. Trying to say the Rangers “lost” the trade when we don’t even know what Howden and Hajek will be is just classic Ranger fan paranoia.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
McDonagh is good but was overrated by our fanbase because we haven't exactly had a ton of D worth reminiscing about in last two decades. Lundqvist padded his stats quite a bit imo.

He's good but he's not the big difference maker some make him out to be, and, again, wasn't even the same player he used to be when the trade took place.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not to mention that McDonagh hasn’t exactly been looking so hot for, like, two years. People here massively overrated him prior to the trade and it caused those people to react to the return like it was too little.

We got a very nice package. Trying to say the Rangers “lost” the trade when we don’t even know what Howden and Hajek will be is just classic Ranger fan paranoia.

We gave up 2017 Ryan McDonagh, not 2014 Ryan McDonagh

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It's not like EK brought back a top 3 pick or top flight young player either, so I believe they also sold at the right time...

The talent gap between EK and McD is NOT close.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't agree at all. If you trade McD and Miller, with the contract situations they had and what they had done, you should get something back. That something should be good, with potential to become great. The picks are in essence a high 2nd and a high 3rd. If we end up getting a two solid players back -- that had very little potential to become great, its just not a good trade at all. And its far from a lock that we will even get that.

It’s extremely rare that what you’re on about happens though. Look at all the trades of highly valuable veterans for prospects/picks and come back to me with how many garnered great future players. I can think of a few that have. I can think of way more that haven’t.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
First, this trade is one that no one will know how it turns out for at the very least a few years. Second, the return while not earth shattering is about the best the Rangers were going to get. Half of something is better than all of nothing. The Rangers got the best deal they could. This fallacy they were going to get Sergachev or Pointe is flat out f***ing ridiculous. It was not going to happen in a million years. Whine about other shit, stuff that makes sense, like how this roster flat out sucks.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

I'd love for that to have been true, but it seems that TB was the only game in town. We should be thankful that they didn't deal for EK instead at this point or we might've gotten a fair amount less.

If they don't make that deal, then we are all sitting here today complaining that McD is now worth less than the last deadline. We're also saying that Miller should have been dealt last deadline or over the summer, because now he's making 6+ million per year, and has 1 goal and 3 assists on this lousy roster. He now has no value.

I'm not saying that this trade was a landslide victory by any stretch, but it was a deal that they had to make.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I could see the rangers using Vlad and spooner to try to land a home run prospect who is busting...like puljujarvi for example. Why take a 3rd when you can swing for the fences. That's probably what I'd do. Like Kyle turris for example....didn't the yotes trade him for like nothing

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
List of things I am not going to waste additional time debating at this point:

The McD trade
Andersson v. Mittelstadt
The Rangers’ drafting ability
Ketchup v. Mustard on hotdogs

Ketchup and mustard on hot dogs. With sauerkraut.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I could see the rangers using Vlad and spooner to try to land a home run prospect who is busting...like puljujarvi for example. Why take a 3rd when you can swing for the fences. That's probably what I'd do. Like Kyle turris for example....didn't the yotes trade him for like nothing
Wasn't Turris traded due to contract holdouts though

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

He was traded for Rundblad. He wasnt a bust at the time but he ended up that way.

Edmonton might swap Puljujarvi for ADA if the Rangers decide to move on. Two struggling prospects who could fill a need for either team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Rundblad and a 2nd. Rundblad was awful yesterday haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad