Rumor: Namestnikov Gaining Some Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Some of the comments are not just full of utter disrespect, but also show a bitter lack of understanding. If you don’t just google ‘Namestnikov eliteprospects’ to look up his goals and assists and actually watch him play, you’d see he is amongst our better players so far. Admittedly, that isn’t that hard at this moment - but judging him merely on his points total is a joke.
I've watched just about every game that he has played since the trade. I have seen an unremarkable player who doesn't produce offense and isn't overly physical or fast.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
I've watched just about every game that he has played since the trade. I have seen an unremarkable player who doesn't produce offense and isn't overly physical or fast.

and that was the fleecing that we took from yzerman. I hope jeff gorton takes that one and stores it in his memory bank.....labels it "how not to make a trade".

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
and that was the fleecing that we took from yzerman. I hope jeff gorton takes that one and stores it in his memory bank.....labels it "how not to make a trade".

Wouldn't call it a fleecing. Howden already looks halfway decent. If Hajek develops nicely then I would consider it pretty fair/good trade for us. Names is trade bait anyway.

Reactions: egelband

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Gorton shouldn't have waited till the last second to make McD trade, that would have given him time to flip Namestnikov to another team before the deadline.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Hopefully a few moves made at the TDL to give us some extra picks. Although, JG has been on the record more than once talking about prospects instead of / or in addition to picks. I wonder if we'll see this with some of our moves at this seasons TDL.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Except Howden looks great. Hajek may turn into a player. And then there are a couple high picks. Trade sounds good to me, actually.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Wouldn't call it a fleecing. Howden already looks halfway decent. If Hajek develops nicely then I would consider it pretty fair/good trade for us. Names is trade bait anyway.
Yes. And in a year we might not consider Howden the Miller offset.

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
Gorton got fleeced by Yzerman on the McDonagh deal...that's pretty funny.
Far from Fleeced. Howden looks like a decent player already and a really good 3rd line C. And from what I saw with hajek impressed me. Looks like a solid 3/4 guy with potential for more. For a broken mcd and no show Miller I would say it was a pretty good deal for us.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018

His production sucks, but his defensive work and interceptions are something which could balance a good line beautifully.

Reactions: Miamipuck

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
People still think we were fleeced on the McD deal? Howden is going to be a solid top-9 center for a long time, Hajek will be in our top-4 in no time, Names will return more picks, that first rounder got us Nils Lundkvist, and we have yet another pick to draft this year. What does Tampa get out of the trade? 2 more years of good McD before the decline, and a decent top-9 forward in JT Miller? For a rebuilding team that sounds like a good deal. I was sad to see our captain go but I am certainly not upset with the return. I think we nailed every trade we made last year. The McQuaid trade is the only headscratcher of the rebuild so far but there is still time and trades to come.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We haven't seen the end result from the trade so it's hard to judge it yet. Howden and Hajek look good, and Namestnicov could still get another return on a trade either this year or next. We couldnt with a good conscience sign Mcdonagh to the deal Tampa did knowing the miles that are on him. Miller can put up points but hes been put on the 4th line a couple times this year so who knows with him.
Does having Russian players on the roster help bring in Panarin? If it does then keeping Namestnicov around just for that might be worth it.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think people in general have difficulty evaluating contracts in context. If the cap goes up each year (as it has), the contracts are going to go up.

Namestnikov's deal is equivalent to a $3.2MM AAV in 2013-2014 dollars. It's fine, especially given the term and where the Rangers stand in terms of expectations and cap space.
Same reason why Hank isn’t worth his contract now although it’s the same percentage as his prior contract when no one had any issues.

Same ol same ol

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Nash scored 42 goals in one season as a Ranger. It would take Namestnikov 20 years to do that.
I was kind of being sarcastic but his last 3 years here our defense of him was 'well but hes good at PK and defense'
We all did it dont you dare deny

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I didn't. I've been one of the bigger Nash critics on here so it feels weird to defend him.
Yeah well Nash was brought here to push us over the top. How’d that go???

Names is here so that Gorts can flip him for another asset(s).

Yes the contract is too much for too long but again since we aren’t competing it doesn’t matter. Maybe he can turn it around and be worth something this ur or next. Maybe not. But he’s not killing us like Nash did when he couldn’t do anything with the puck except go ass first or logo snipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad