Confirmed with Link: [MTL/COL] Habs acquire Andreas Martinsen for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Or you keep him, don't acquire King, and trade Gallagher for something more than King and Martinsen reunited. But for that to happen, you give a REAL shot at Ghetto alongside Galchenyuk to see what he can give. Funny story, everytime Ghetto had more icetime, he produced. Even with us. The playoff team.

That's an interesting thought but it ALL depends on what you get for Gallagher. Because the absolute pain in the ass Gallagher will be in the playoffs and the big body of king is more desirable to have than the skills Ghetto brings for a playoff run, but yeah depends what you got for Gallagher I guess. If Ghetto turns into a 25 goal player than we were wrong but I don't see it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We cry about Sekac
We cry about DSP
We cry about Diaz
We cry about Pateryn
We cry about Andrighetto

All junk players.

You have to wonder how you keep praising a GM who keeps acquiring junk players....We are sorry for believing way too much on the wisdom of this GM.....

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You have to wonder how you keep praising a GM who keeps acquiring junk players....We are sorry for believing way too much on the wisdom of this GM.....

The thing is - I don't care about these types of players. Its the nature of the game that players like this come and go.

What is obvious in threads like this that posters are looking for any excuse to bash a GM that they don't like, and almost always look foolish in the end.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Give him a chance, you need guys like this to go deep in the playoffs. If he plays physical, continues to play responsible in his own end, it's going to work out well for us. Ghetto wouldn't thrive on this team, we were too small, you can't insulate this many small players on a team.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Enough with this toughness excuse. You got toughness with Ott. You got experience with King. What did you give? They didn't trade Andrighetto because they needed toughness. They traded Ghetto because they didn' tbelieve in him. 'Cause if they did, they would have acquired Martinsen for a 4th round or 5th round pick. Are you saying that AVS would not have traded Martinsen and that it only came to us because we offered Ghetto? Come on man....

It's incredible really. If we would have gotten that kind of player, (speedy and skilled) YOU and the ones who keeps defending Bergie's every move would have been drooling over this. Imagine if he would have had half of his production he had with the AVS....you would have called for another 5-year extension....

Matt D'Agostini was speedy and skilled and went on a tear after being traded. Where is he now?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Martinsen is a fine 4th liner, which was the only place they could slot Sven, its unfortunate for him

i honestly did like Sven, when he was placed in a top 6 role, he actually always looked decent, especially with galchenyuk

but hes in colorado now, and he seemed to have done well playing in a poor team, i really do wish him the best and hope he helps bring them back to relevance somehow

he can definitely play

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The thing is - I don't care about these types of players. Its the nature of the game that players like this come and go.

What is obvious in threads like this that posters are looking for any excuse to bash a GM that they don't like, and almost always look foolish in the end.

Just like you use most of your posts in bashing posters and praising the management. To each their own I guess. Somehow, it seems more acceptable to bash posters who have opinions than bash a management when they make bad moves and who are actually the ones who are central to this organization success or lack thereof.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Matt D'Agostini was speedy and skilled and went on a tear after being traded. Where is he now?

Okay so D'Agostini was a fluke so is everybody else. Got it. I guess Marchessault will go back at being a AHL'er soon. I guess Byron will go back at being a 4th liner.......I mean, if D'Agostini didn't work out....

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

That doesn't automatically mean Andrighetto's current numbers are a flash in the pan. Time will tell whether it was a mistake trading him.

I just don't see any reason we had to give him up to acquire Martinsen. Martinsen has zero trade value. Andrighetto was playing well and still has potentianl.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Andrighetto was given good opportunities in Montréal to force the coach to use him on the top-6, but he failed to impose himself. In Colorado it was so bad that he got the chance right away to play on the first line. It reminds me of Smith-Pelley last year in NJ. Stats for the end of the season are similar and DSP did nothing this year, back to the old DSP. We will see with Andrighetto. He has more offensive talent than DSP, that's for sure, but he was unable to show it in Montréal on a constant basis and we have no McKinnon here. If he plays with him on the first line there next year, he will get points, but it was not possible to give him that in Montréal.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Andrighetto was given good opportunities in Montréal to force the coach to use him on the top-6, but he failed to impose himself. In Colorado it was so bad that he got the chance right away to play on the first line. It reminds me of Smith-Pelley last year in NJ. Stats for the end of the season are similar and DSP did nothing this year, back to the old DSP. We will see with Andrighetto. He has more offensive talent than DSP, that's for sure, but he was unable to show it in Montréal on a constant basis and we have no McKinnon here. If he plays with him on the first line there next year, he will get points, but it was not possible to give him that in Montréal.

There's no McKinnon. But there's a Galchenyuk.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Are you serious?

Yeah, I'm sorry. Galchenyuk is a bum. It's not like he was in the top 10 in scoring prior to his injury or anything....It's not like Galchenyuk would have had 56 points last year when MacKinnon had 52 points......And it's not like PPG, THIS YEAR, Galchenyuk, who has had an average year, is at .72 while MacKinnon is at 0.64.

Sorry. Won't happen again. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Okay so D'Agostini was a fluke so is everybody else. Got it. I guess Marchessault will go back at being a AHL'er soon. I guess Byron will go back at being a 4th liner.......I mean, if D'Agostini didn't work out....

Byron and Marchessault proved they can produce for a full season.
Andrighetto has produced for only 20 games.
Huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad