Confirmed with Link: [MTL/COL] Habs acquire Andreas Martinsen for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Byron and Marchessault proved they can produce for a full season.
Andrighetto has produced for only 20 games.
Huge difference.

You know that his point was about D'Agostini right? A guy who had a 20-goal season over a period of a full season. Not talking about Ghetto here...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You have to wonder how you keep praising a GM who keeps acquiring junk players....We are sorry for believing way too much on the wisdom of this GM.....

These junk players are aquired all the time by other GMs....it's the nature of the business...look, these players were aquired by GMs of the NHL!!

If this is the barometer you are using to ridicule Bergevin, I can come up with a list of at least 50 similar players per team during the length of Bergevins tenure if you'd like?......

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Andrighetto was given good opportunities in Montréal to force the coach to use him on the top-6, but he failed to impose himself. In Colorado it was so bad that he got the chance right away to play on the first line. It reminds me of Smith-Pelley last year in NJ. Stats for the end of the season are similar and DSP did nothing this year, back to the old DSP. We will see with Andrighetto. He has more offensive talent than DSP, that's for sure, but he was unable to show it in Montréal on a constant basis and we have no McKinnon here. If he plays with him on the first line there next year, he will get points, but it was not possible to give him that in Montréal.

But we do. Galchenyuk is struggling. He needs more offensive players to play with. I had wanted to see Ghetto with Galchenyuk on a consistent basis. Galchenyuk and MacKinnon have pretty similar stats by the way.
MacKinnon
2014-15 Colorado Avalanche NHL 64 14 24 38
2015-16 Colorado Avalanche NHL 72 21 31 52
2016-17 Colorado Avalanche NHL 82 16 37 53

Galchenyuk
2014-15 Montreal Canadiens NHL 80 20 26 46
2015-16 Montreal Canadiens NHL 82 30 26 56
2016-17 Montreal Canadiens NHL 61 17 27 44

Ghetto didn't impress at the beginning of the season. But by the end of Therrien, Therrien had him in the lineup, saying "Andgrighetto joue du bon hockey." When Julien came in, I think he asked Bergevin for some bigger bodies. They traded Desharnais (good move) and Ghetto (should have waited) to make room for bigger bodies. I'm fine with adding size. But our top nine is not good enough offensively. I hope we don't get exposed this post season. But that's our biggest weakness. We should have kept Ghetto around to see what he could do next year. We need offense.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
These junk players are aquired all the time by other GMs....it's the nature of the business...look, these players were aquired by GMs of the NHL!!

If this is the barometer you are using to ridicule Bergevin, I can come up with a list of at least 50 similar players per team during the length of Bergevins tenure if you'd like?......

Thank god that's not my point. Yet, when people keeps praising a GM for getting rid of the same junk he acquired.....you want to wonder why they love so much if they really believe that it was junk to begin with. I'm not a Bergie fan.....and I rarely refers his acquisitions as ''junk''. Just that strangely, he is, by the same people, always praised by the ''junk'' he got rid of and never through acquiring them in the first place....'cause you know what does happen after that....once we get rid of junk for somebody else....chances are the somebody else becomes junk too.....Though when we acquired them....they were ALL welcome additions. Some are even referred right now as ''great additions even if they don't play all the games...''. You know that chances are the same guys will be referred as ''junk'' in the upcoming year if not summer....

No, I actually judge a GM with his ability to improve his team. And while he did make some good moves, and that I mentioned he did though seems that those posts self-destructed..., I still think he didn't do enough. And contrary to a few people, I'M even encline to wait to see what he'Ll do this summer. Not even in the clan of '' get rid of him ASAP''. But somehow, I'M a target amongst selective readers.....go figure.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Thank god that's not my point. Yet, when people keeps praising a GM for getting rid of the same junk he acquired.....you want to wonder why they love so much if they really believe that it was junk to begin with. I'm not a Bergie fan.....and I rarely refers his acquisitions as ''junk''. Just that strangely, he is, by the same people, always praised by the ''junk'' he got rid of and never through acquiring them in the first place....'cause you know what does happen after that....once we get rid of junk for somebody else....chances are the somebody else becomes junk too.....Though when we acquired them....they were ALL welcome additions. Some are even referred right now as ''great additions even if they don't play all the games...''. You know that chances are the same guys will be referred as ''junk'' in the upcoming year if not summer....

No, I actually judge a GM with his ability to improve his team. And while he did make some good moves, and that I mentioned he did though seems that those posts self-destructed..., I still think he didn't do enough. And contrary to a few people, I'M even encline to wait to see what he'Ll do this summer. Not even in the clan of '' get rid of him ASAP''. But somehow, I'M a target amongst selective readers.....go figure.

I'm not praising Bergevin here. Its just not a move that I think deserves to be criticized. I don't really give a crap about Martinsen either but I do think he has more use than Andrighetto but I could not care less if Martinsen is gone next season either.

Anyways, apologies if you feel like I've targeted you. I get that some posters are frustrated with Bergie and there are some legitimate things to gripe about. He didn't help our offense at the TDL and thats a huge weakness. He traded away a fan favourite for an older player. He signed Plekanec to a heavy contract.

I just don't get the fuss about shuffling 4th liners and bottom pairing D. I mean, who cares. No other fanbase goes on about trading away marginal players like DSP, Eller, Sekac etc. Not even saying they weren't good for us but they are replaceable.

Maybe you look at Ghetto differently than I do. I just dont' see a future for him and MB has proven himself with a pretty decent track record of selling "high" with players of Ghetto's caliber.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Maybe you look at Ghetto differently than I do. I just dont' see a future for him and MB has proven himself with a pretty decent track record of selling "high" with players of Ghetto's caliber.

It was never, for me, to use a 20-game span to call a guy a bust or a boom. That was never my point. If we have an infernal top 6 when everybody is producing, I don't even talk about him. My point is always about giving enough chances to skilled guys mostly because we lack in that department. No matter how he produces elsewhere, I will always believe that in his case, he didn't get enough chances. Nobody will convince me that 10 minutes in a 4th line is giving a chance to a guy to use his strengths. I said that at the second he was traded. So I didn't know he'd be that good with the AVS. So my point was not based on him scoring. But it was based on what I thought from the get go. Go back and you'll find me being a fan of Ghetto since the day he was drafted. I'm extremely consequent with this player. Does that mean I won'T be wrong? Absolutely not. But as of now, Ghetto was a great junior player. He produced in the AHL. When he was giving the time and the players, he produced with us. And is now producing in Colorado. It's looking good for him. While we struggle to find offense in Montreal. That's my point.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Let's agree to a truce here....and concentrate as fans to kick those ****ing Rangers butt.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Go back in my posting history. Always knew this guy would turn up to be something good. Not special, but a solid player with good offensive qualities and underrated forechecking/cycling abilities.

Always saw a poor man's Tyler Johnson in him.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Galchenyuk and Andrighetto on the same line. This is a joke? Coach would need to protect them in the lines matchups, it would be a defensive disaster. Hockey is a two way game. Therrien has been blamed by his haters for his handling of AG, not playing him at C enough, but Julien is thougher on AG because of his poor defensive play. Haters will say both are wrong, but maybe AG should wake up.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
But we do. Galchenyuk is struggling. He needs more offensive players to play with. I had wanted to see Ghetto with Galchenyuk on a consistent basis. Galchenyuk and MacKinnon have pretty similar stats by the way.
Chuck and swiss cheese on the same line?? I don't think that would last a whole period with a real coach.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Chuck and swiss cheese on the same line?? I don't think that would last a whole period with a real coach.

It's pretty simple: We need offense. Ghetto has the potential to be an offensive player. We could have gotten Martinsen without giving up Ghetto. We shouldn't have traded Ghetto.

Respond to that.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
People forget Galchenyuk's streak last season started with Andrighetto and Eller. After a great game against the Sharks where they cycled them to death while Pacioretty looked like a zombie next to Plekanec, Therrien paired Galchenyuk with Pacioretty... Later Andrighetto played with Desharnais and they generated a ton of chances while Danault was mostly invisible, but Andrighetto couldn't finish. He's shown he has hockey IQ but playing with Plekanec made him look worse than he is.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

You want to know why I appreciate Bergevin?

Because unlike many GMs in the NHL, Bergevin will rarely give out long term cap crippling contracts to aging declining players.

Plekanec was a manageable 2yr contract
DD was 1 year too long but was okay for half the length of the term
Emelin was 1.5m$ too much

Any other mistake he did, he was able to come out of it without having too self inflict himself with gunshots like Chicago did with Bickell with Teravainen, or Florida with Bolland and Crouse

I can bring up another 10 contracts but won't since I'm heading to the Sens/Boston game in :10min

GO HABS GO

I'm PVRing the game....here's to a victory!!! :yo:

I also agree that there's more work to be done. Bergevin has been unsuccessful at bringing in a top line centre....this has got to be at the top of his to do list, but overall, I'm happy!

Last edited:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
You want to know why I appreciate Bergevin?

Because unlike many GMs in the NHL, Bergevin will rarely give out long term cap crippling contracts to aging declining players.

Plekanec was a manageable 2yr contract
DD was 1 year too long but was okay for half the length of the term
Emelin was 1.5m$ too much

Any other mistake he did, he was able to come out of it without having too self inflict himself with gunshots like Chicago did with Bickell with Teravainen, or Florida with Bolland and Crouse

I can bring up another 10 contracts but won't since I'm heading to the Sens/Boston game in :10min

GO HABS GO

I'm PVRing the game....here's to a victory!!! :yo:

I also agree that there's more work to be done. Bergevin has been unsuccessful at bringing in a top line centre....this has got to be at the top of his to do list, but overall, I'm happy!

So you just completely ignored last summer? Weber 10 more years? 6 years for shaw??? And pretty sure he gave subban that 8 year contract at 9 million. Now was that a mistake or not, because your posting history says subban sucks and always sucked. DO you think 9 million is too much for a sucky player for 8 years? Or do you just eat crow about MB giving out bad contracts. Your choice in this lose lose conversation. :laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So you just completely ignored last summer? Weber 10 more years? 6 years for shaw??? And pretty sure he gave subban that 8 year contract at 9 million. Now was that a mistake or not, because your posting history says subban sucks and always sucked. DO you think 9 million is too much for a sucky player for 8 years? Or do you just eat crow about MB giving out bad contracts. Your choice in this lose lose conversation. :laugh:

Aging declining players!!.....Shaw is 24....Strike 1....Weber is not declining and certainly won't play for 3yrs at 1m$ per........strike 2.......Gallagher, Paccioretty, Price are long term contracts to players coming into their late Twenties.....strike 3

I still think Subban is a very very good player that makes dumb mistakes......I just started hating his self branding in interviews and those stupid spin'o'rama's while being last man standing.

I never said he's never given out bad contracts....read my post Doc

Anyways, the wife is here....going to go cheer on the Sens at the game because I have too (my wife) :laugh:

I feel like wearing my hab jersey but I may have to fight people....better not!!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Aging declining players!!.....Shaw is 24....Strike 1....Weber is not declining and certainly won't play for 3yrs at 1m$ per........strike 2.......Gallagher, Paccioretty, Price are long term contracts to players coming into their late Twenties.....strike 3

I still think Subban is a very very good player that makes dumb mistakes......I just started hating his self branding in interviews and those stupid spin'o'rama's while being last man standing.

I never said he's never given out bad contracts....read my post Doc

Anyways, the wife is here....going to go cheer on the Sens at the game because I have too (my wife) :laugh:

I feel like wearing my hab jersey but I may have to fight people....better not!!

oh god you have to cheer on the Sens? I really think I hate them more than any other team. I've hated them for a long time.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
For some people, this thread will not age well.

I'm seeing responses in here that make me shake my head like all the guys that feverishly howled at the moon when Jiri Sekac was traded away and talked about how that deal would haunt "stupid" Bergevin and that he was the answer to top six scoring woes and just needed a "real chance."

Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
For some people, this thread will not age well.

I'm seeing responses in here that make me shake my head like all the guys that feverishly howled at the moon when Jiri Sekac was traded away and talked about how that deal would haunt "stupid" Bergevin and that he was the answer to top six scoring woes and just needed a "real chance."

A-****ing-men !

It's like Ghetto is the second coming of something.

Guess what... he isn't.

Neither Martinsen, just in case.

Case closed.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
A lot of wishful thinking on both ends here.

The story is far from closed on Andrighetto. We'll see how he does next season. It will be frustrating IF he does continue to maintain pace. Whether or not he will is anyone's guess at this point, he's as much a Sekac case as he is a near-PPG player at this point. Too early to tell and definitely something worth tracking next year.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He did his job tonight, played better that Radulov, but none of you guys want to admit it. Created more chances, played the body..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad