Confirmed with Link: [MTL/COL] Habs acquire Andreas Martinsen for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Remember when people said he would be another DSP? This guy has speed and skill, something DSP never had.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I was one who thought Ghetto didn't have a place on that team, mainly because he was 'another small player that we have too many of', wasn't sure about Martinsen, but I thought we finally added size and ruggedness.

I'm eating crows right now.
Why are you eating more than your share? One will suffice.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Is this an appropriate thread to mention that Martin Lemay gave MB a 10/10 grade at the deadline last year?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Good news for Timmins though....we will surely add Ghetto's to the list of his good moves. He needed that. Still not enough...but he needed it.

Reactions: Devourers

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Never understood why he never got a real chance on a scoring line with the Habs, always thought he had the talent.

That being said, he's getting an opportunity now in Colorado, he never would of gotten in Montreal or most other teams. He landed in the perfect spot for him, happy for the guy.

Should be a 'lesson learned' thing for MB and the coaching staff...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Feels good to be right!

When i say this board would run the team better i am not being sarcastic.

Thanks Marc for Semin,Hemsky and all the other washed-up plugs that were semi-relevant when you retired.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
This was such an idiotic trade. We got one good game from Martinsen. Andrighetto now has the same amount of goals as the Habs do all season.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
"Nothing for nothing trade"

"Plays a physical game, close to 150 hits!"

"I like this trade, it shows from today and going forward the Habs are goona be BIG AND HEAVY...not just a bunch of small guys..."

I mean no offense to no one. Some comments are just too much.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Never understood why he never got a real chance on a scoring line with the Habs, always thought he had the talent.

That being said, he's getting an opportunity now in Colorado, he never would of gotten in Montreal or most other teams. He landed in the perfect spot for him, happy for the guy.

He did , with galchenyuk and captain invisible and did extremly well, only to be demoted by the moron who coached the team

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Sven wasn’t going to have a future with the canadiens

Martinsen was a bad return but didn’t sven cleared waivers

We already have wayyyyyyy too much small forwards we need a guy like simmonds or wheeler

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Sven wasn’t going to have a future with the canadiens

Martinsen was a bad return but didn’t sven cleared waivers

We already have wayyyyyyy too much small forwards we need a guy like simmonds or wheeler

This team needs talent, stop it with the size argument already.

You're making it sound like you'd pass on Kane or Gaudreau if you had the chance. Not big enough.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Galchenyuk-Danault-Andrighetto

>>>

Galchenyuk-Danault-Shaw

?

Andrighetto is a much more skilled player than Shaw in a vacuum.

Throw the picks we had to trade for Shaw in the equation, on top of his awful contract, and to me this is a no brainer.

People say there wasn't any room for a guy like Andrighetto in Montréal... Must be why all those years we played Weise on the top line, signed guys like Semin and Hemsky, or traded for Shaw...

Reactions: domiwroze

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Just read through this entire thread for the first time.

Was an excellent read.

Clearly, the jury is still out on what is to become of Andrighetto, but there were at least a couple of dedicated posters who believed Andrighetto had a chance to be a top 6 player.

Trumpet Hab

Sep 28, 2017
Victoria

Not hard to figure out why he didn't get a shot.

He was on the outside looking in at a top six that was there because the coach needed to make a point more than he needed to create scoring. Ghetto will haunt us for a while. We gave him away for nothing when he had already proven he could score at this level. The youth movement is front and centre in the NHL and we're in the back row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad