Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CGY] Sean Monahan and conditional 2024/25/26 1st round pick for future considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He's looked better in the preseason and game 1 than he has the past few seasons in Calgary. I'm not betting that he'll get pack to his peak, but its always good when a guy with nagging health problems can overcome those issues.

Reactions: HabsQC and banks

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Even if its a 2024... Doesn't matter...

We still need our Fox/Makar/#1 elite dman
We still need an elite #1 G
We still need good young wingers for the top6 long term

Habs won't be out of the gutter for another 2-3 years...

Way I see it...
Exactly. If they can get an unprotected 2024 1st they will take it. They won't be after 2025 and later picks unless it's for someone they want to move and it's easily the best offer they get.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He looked real good last night. Wonder if he impresses this season if montreal could turn him into another 1st round pick fully retained or atleast a 2nd

at 50% he costs $3M+. Who has such cap space?

around deadline he will be still owed around $1.5M in real money.

most likely you need a third team to retain 25% which would be $750K in actual salary. That cost a 2nd to the third team to do That.
Isn't there some CBA rule about a player not being able to be traded back to the original team during the same season? I vaguely remember some issue with that. Also, I want a guy who can skate. It's why I don't like Toffoli.
You can’t trade a player back to the original team if retention was done On either end Within a calendar year.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
He scored 20-goals *last season* and you think fans that believe he could be dealt this year, possibly with retention need to "wake up?"
Please read carefully. I said the people that need to wake are the ones thinking we will get a good return for him - not that the people that need to wake up are the ones who think he will be dealt.

Point: he was traded straight up for a player who will never play again, and will not produce much this year

I would rather let go Dvorak , Hoffman, Dadonov , Armia, Gallagher then Monahan
Hoffman and Dadonov are gone anyways at end of season. Armia would be no w to get rid of

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Those future considerations better be damn good! Dinner at Joeys just won't cut it!

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Monahan is very useful around the net. Just need to get it down low.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I can see Monahan scoring 11 goals and 25pts this year.

If he is healthy and plays with Dach all year, why not assume 10-15 goals and 40-50 pts? It's not like he is 35 and over the hill.

He's a career 0.70 pts/game player. This is a question of health more than ability. 10 goals and 45 pts would not be a shocker to most fans.

Yup. I think it only gets voided if it wasn’t in place before the trade like on RFA contracts where they can’t start for the first year

Not sure but I think that loophole is gone. The new CBA changed it.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
20 goals is possible with PP time. I'm still cheering for him even though it was the right thing to move him on.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He's been very good. The kind of veteran you want on a rebuilding team. I'm not sure what his numbers will be as this is a bottom 5 team in the league. If I'm a contender at the TDL, I'm definitely calling for Monahan over Dvorak.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
He's been very good. The kind of veteran you want on a rebuilding team. I'm not sure what his numbers will be as this is a bottom 5 team in the league. If I'm a contender at the TDL, I'm definitely calling for Monahan over Dvorak.

Yah but Monahan will be on LTIR at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad