Votes: 162 31.6%
  • Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You realize Demko is almost ready and is better than any goalie left in the west right? Judging Vancouver with their AHL goalie vs having Demko is night and day.

But I get it, your upset knowing shit goaltending likely sees your season being over and need to make it look like if you had gotten by Dallas you would have won. Sad!

What does almost ready mean exactly ? Just because someone gets cleared to play doesn't mean he's anywhere near his best most healthy self.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You realize Demko is almost ready and is better than any goalie left in the west right? Judging Vancouver with their AHL goalie vs having Demko is night and day.

But I get it, your upset knowing shit goaltending likely sees your season being over and need to make it look like if you had gotten by Dallas you would have won. Sad!

Demko injury made Vancouver average like 20 shots a game vs Nashville?

There’s a massive difference in quality between the 2 western match ups

Reactions: Elysian

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
4-0 and still they barely won. You gotta give the avs the edge so far.

Two games so far, and in both games the AVS were not ready by puck drop. In Game 1 they came back.

Last night they just weren´t ready by puck drop again, got outplayed by Dallas for nearly 40 minutes and the comeback fell short this time ("a bridge too far"). And, on top, took just dumb penalties and were awful both in PP and PK.

Dallas deserved to win this one. No question about that.

If they dont get this shit aside, they wont win this series.

At least we got a split out of Dallas.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That game went about as I expected it to go. Stars were desperate to not get buried in the series, the Avs played the first 40 minutes like they knew this was a freebie game.

No moral victories in the postseason, but man no lead is safe against Colorado.

In the end, the Avs got the split on the road and stole home ice. Back to Denver with the altitude, matchup control, and fans. The best road team against the best home team. This is going to be fun.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah, not happy about the game in a vacuum. I'm happy with the Avalanche coming home with a split.

I think this series will be a big case of "the enemy gets a vote", but still like the Avalanche's prospects if they can tire out the Stars D.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Happy to go back to Denver with the split but I my head tells me Dallas takes back home adv and wins one at the sack. Gonna turn into a best of 3.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Happy to go back to Denver with the split but I my head tells me Dallas takes back home adv and wins one at the sack. Gonna turn into a best of 3.

Tall order.

Colorado somehow hasn't held a lead at any point in this series - other than the Wood goal that ended Game 1, of course.

I expect that to change tomorrow. League's best road team going up against the best home team, something's gotta give.

Reactions: Summer Rose

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I don't mind losing to Dallas because I think they proved to be one the top/toughest teams in the West this year.

I hate though that game 2 was more the Avs causing their own problems than Dallas dictating the game because a game like that will be coming in this series as well.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I hate though that game 2 was more the Avs causing their own problems than Dallas dictating the game because a game like that will be coming in this series as well.

Might be a good thing for Colorado that they made those brain fart plays in the freebie game. It's a good wake up call and Bednar will get their heads on straight back in Denver.

We haven't seen the best Colorado has to offer yet in this series, it's primarily been them chasing Dallas leads. I think we see Colorado at their best in game 3.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
This is the most evenly matched 2nd round series and the best series imo. They will beat up on each other, score a tonne of goals and will go 7 games. Regardless of who wins I feel will beat my Nucks in the 3rd round in 6 games. After that a show down with either NYR or FLA will be a tough battle and feel the East wins the cup this year.

Reactions: MBTendy

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
This is the most evenly matched 2nd round series and the best series imo. They will beat up on each other, score a tonne of goals and will go 7 games. Regardless of who wins I feel will beat my Nucks in the 3rd round in 6 games. After that a show down with either NYR or FLA will be a tough battle and feel the East wins the cup this year.
Lol survive the Oilers first

Reactions: The Moops

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Yeah, Demko certainly scares us! Just like Hellebuyck shut us down completely.

Oh wait...

Reactions: The Moops

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Lol survive the Oilers first
😁 Wouldn't have said it if I didn't expect it. The Oilers unfortunately are not the team that most on here think. Not much overall difference between the two. Without Drai for this game and most likely playing injured the rest of the series the Nucks will win

Reactions: The Butcher

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't mind losing to Dallas because I think they proved to be one the top/toughest teams in the West this year.

They also have far less annoying fans(For the most part, certainly a couple that should probably just be put on ignore by everyone) then the two Canadian teams.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad