Confirmed with Link: MTL-ARI: Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
2 wrongs don't make it anymore right

I still don't like the trade but shows what value is like out there. I was hoping for a 1st at the draft for AG, but the best Hoffman can get is a 2nd and a cap dump. I don't think there was any way AG would of gotten a 1st if thats the case.

I would rather have AG, but if its between a 2nd/4th/5th and Domi I go with Domi over the picks.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I still don't like the trade but shows what value is like out there. I was hoping for a 1st at the draft for AG, but the best Hoffman can get is a 2nd and a cap dump. I don't think there was any way AG would of gotten a 1st if thats the case.

I would rather have AG, but if its between a 2nd/4th/5th and Domi I go with Domi over the picks.

We can safely assume that AG27 is worth a first.

We just don't know how high a first. I don't have a good guess myself . But certainly "a first".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs could have had more by trading Galchenyuk at the TDL.

The Ottawa situation is totally different -- the GM had no choice but to move Hoffman and the return was artificially depressed for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the player's talent or on-ice ability.

Both deals are crap, however, trying to make the Galchenyuk deal look better by drawing on the Hoffman flips, is disingenuous.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Euh...what? You are using Hoffman as a measuring stick?...
Have you not followed the drama around this guy in Ottawa? I'm surprised any team wanted to take him on.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Right, it was Sarnia !

OK, but what about the stuff that matters?

I think there issues were issues on both sides.
Agreed Eller/AG n Gallagher looked great together early on. Was excited for that group moving forward.
Was he mishandled? Probably.
Could he have done more himself to buy in and earn more PT, another shot at C? I think so.
Is what it is now. Hopefully Domi can step up over the next 4 yrs.

Reactions: DAChampion

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

The Ottawa situation is totally different -- the GM had no choice but to move Hoffman and the return was artificially depressed for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the player's talent or on-ice ability.

Both deals are crap, however, trying to make the Galchenyuk deal look better by drawing on the Hoffman flips, is disingenuous.

They are banking on Domi finding consistency in Montreal. It’s a buy-low move. But it’s also a sell-low move, which is why people are upset.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Or just keep AG and not trade for Domi!? HELLOO? McFly? Any non braindead GM could get a 1st for Galchenyuk. If Ryan Reeves can get a 1st rounder then...

Reactions: Peanut

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015

I don't know if you're being serious right now, and I really hope you aren't.

Reactions: Rockomax

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We can safely assume that AG27 is worth a first.

We just don't know how high a first. I don't have a good guess myself . But certainly "a first".

I don't think we can safely assume that. Tony tweeted no one wanted to give out a first, and now a guy just as productive as AG and in some cases even more so couldn't land a 1st in 2 trades.

Would you have taken any of the packages for Hoffman over Domi? Ignoring the fact that we shouldn't of made the trade in the first place.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Its called a hockey discussion. Thats what this board is for to talk hockey.

Discuss and compare trades, players, GM's etc...

Two trades happened with two middle six 25G 55P players, I think its a fair discussion to discuss and compare them.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Euh...what? You are using Hoffman as a measuring stick?...
Have you not followed the drama around this guy in Ottawa? I'm surprised any team wanted to take him on.

Well the drama was around his wife and his teammates wife, himself he didn't do anything as far as I know. He wasn't the one doing the bullying.

and even with that drama he was traded to TWO TEAMS! So as damaged as he was he wasn't that damaged that he was able to be moved twice within an hour.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Well the drama was around his wife and his teammates wife, himself he didn't do anything as far as I know. He wasn't the one doing the bullying.

and even with that drama he was traded to TWO TEAMS! So as damaged as he was he wasn't that damaged that he was able to be moved twice within an hour.
I don't think you get how serious the allegations against his gf are and how it can impact a locker room, especially when the target is the franchise player and captain of the team. Also who cares if he was traded twice? SJ obviously traded for him with intentions to flip him asap. There are factors that differentiate Galchenyuk and Hoffman whether you like it or not. And yes their production is similar, but Galchenyuk is younger by 4 years and has more potential. You are making yourself look bad in this discussion acting like the only consideration in trades are goal totals.

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

0/10 troll attempt

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
We lived with Desharnais for how many years? All of a sudden we care about defense? lol. Habs were the 3rd lowest scoring team in the league only better than Buffalo and Arizona. Yep bergevin did Galchenyuk dirty like that. How about we worry about scoring goals first. Bergevin seems to not know that you actually need to score goals to win games.

Sorry, I was still referring to your comment on Galchenyuk being our best forward. I disagree, and part of the reason is his atrocious defensive play. And now you bring up Desharnais? And the Habs being 3rd lowest in goals for? Your narrative changes so quickly I can’t keep up.

Anyway, I don’t believe AG was our best forward. And I suspect you’d be somewhat lonely in your opinion that he was.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think you get how serious the allegations against his gf are serious and how it can impact a locker room, especially when the target is the franchise player and captain of the team. Also who cares if he was traded twice? SJ obviously traded for him with intentions to flip him asap. There are factors that differentiate Galchenyuk and Hoffman whether you like it or not. And yes their production is similar, but Galchenyuk is younger by 4 years and has more potential. You are making yourself look bad in this discussion acting like the only consideration in trades are goal totals.
I think he might grasp the severity of the situation Hoffman and the Sens were in had Hoffman been a Hab and it were the Montreal media which had got hold of the story. This is akin to Pacioretty's wife cyber-bullying Price's wife and getting caught. The freakin' world would be coming to an end and Bergevin would be lucky to get a mid-round draft pick in return for Pacioretty.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Galchenyuk on ice for 62 goal against ar ES
Gallagher = 63
Drouin = 65
Domi = 67

He wasn't really good, i'll give you that.....but a nightmare?

When it comes to defensive play, Galchenyuk is a nightmare. Your ES goal stats do nothing to disprove that. Did you watch any Habs games?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Well I found it interesting that Bergevin emphasized that Domi wanted to play here which was important. Well who's fault is that players don't want to play here? I've said it a million times that good players and a winning culture attract other good players. You know who wanted and loved playing here? PK Subban, Lars Eller, Radulov and Alex Galchenyuk.
I agree. I defended Bergs early on. I admit it. I never seen this circus coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad