Confirmed with Link: MTL-ARI: Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Rads, Subban, Markov, to good for Montreal.

They need more Domis, Alzners, and Benns.

"it all starts with Ca-reeey"

Habs will be out of play offs by November again this season.

The Lottery Protected Years are upon us. Embrace entropy.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
Recently (this year), third year NINE goal scorer Max Domi DEMANDED a trade from the Arizona Coyotes.

Recently (last summer), Alex Galchenyuk reportedly voluntarily admitted himself to a NHL substance abuse program. It takes courage to do that but not enough in your estimation I guess...

He voluntarily went after the team told him he had to lol. Good on him though to get his act together because he was a mess. Now he's gone and we move on.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think that a lot of people were in denial of Bergevin's incompetence.

Bergevin is a moron, a narcissist, arrogant, has poor people skills, and a bigot. That's what it is, but people won't be prone to accept it. It goes against the fantasy that people have of the corporate world as objective, where the cream always rises to the top. To accept what Bergevin is, is for many people, to reject their core ideology.

Soneoone recently posted insider speculation that Galchenyuk has been on the trading block for two years. Supposedly, Bergevin did not trade him because he was afraid if looking bad if Galchenyuk succeeded elsewhere. That is an absurd story ... But it is believeable due to what a lunatic Bergevin is.

On 91.9FM, they stated how Bergevin used a time-tested method from the political world where you announce not so palatable news on a Friday evening after 9:00 PM. The announcement is then shielded from several of your usual media suspects and by the time Monday and Tuesday roll around, the news will have had much less impact.

Bergevin failed to get the most out of this trade -- his communications people chose the path of best damage control to get him through it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who's Hockey 24/7? I'm all in for a massive blockbuster :)

Faux insiders. Only quoted them on account of someone in this thread having previously referred to them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Take a guess...

My dad forced himself on the coaching staff of my Don Mills AAA team and had numerous altercations with parents and coaches. Who am I? Character guy Max Domi.

I refused to play for the OHL team that drafted me and demanded a trade even before I played one second for the team that drafted me. Who am I? Character guy Max Domi.

I demanded a trade during my third season in the NHL because I didn't like the way I was being used. Who am I? Character guy Max Domi.

Bad character guy Alex Galchenyuk reported to the OHL that drafted him (not the London Knights) and never openly demanded a trade even when playing wing on the fourth line and being openly criticized in the media by Therrien and Julien.

Not saying it's a terrible trade but I'm sick of the Montreal media (at the behest of MB I'm sure) throwing stones at Chucky and glorifying Domi and not bringing up any character flaws.

What the hell. Here I was this whole time thinking how much attitude Domi will bring to the team. I guess we can overlook his warts since they didn't happen while he was a Hab.

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
Said it multiple times already.....Bergevin is looking more and more like Trump.

He think he's smart but he's not
He think he's alway right but he's not
He hates to be challenge by the medias
He think he's making thing better while he's making them worst
He pick up fight in his own organisation and throw the poeple who disagree or the poeple he don't like out of there.
He's surrounding himself with poeple who he got somekind of relation with.
He thinks he's building a great empire while actually throwing the real good building block out the window.

MB is shit...but damn...brainwashed by mainstream media much?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Too good ...

I'm at the point now where between following guys like 24/7 or IBN post speculative rumors vs Darren Dreger make tweets like the one he did this morning, AFTER Hoffman trade where he said "He had a feeling something was going down in Ottawa last night".

I'll take the former.

Reactions: Laurentide

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
What the hell. Here I was this whole time thinking how much attitude Domi will bring to the team. I guess we can overlook his warts since they didn't happen while he was a Hab.
My post is not meant to bash Domi and I hope he has many great years as a Hab. But the experts in Montreal are so quick to bash Chucky and glorify Domi. More and more, they are pawns for Bergevin and the Habs...

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
590 laughing at us saying Bergs had to make this trade as no other players will play here. lol They could be right though.
Well..that's not hard to believe at all. Who in the hell would want to play here when there is clearly no plan, no vision, no structure, and we let our best players go or trade them for lesser ones.

It's a complete shit show.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Eric Lindros didn't play for the OHL team that drafted him either. He also had meddlesome parents.

It's not easy being Tie Domi's kid or Dash Domi's nephew. There's a lot of stupid in that family tree. But there are a couple of things we need to keep in mind. First of all, whatever happened in Don Mills was a long time ago and minor hockey in the GTA is and always has been very political (same in Montreal, by the way) To some it may have seemed like the elder Domi was insinuating himself into the situation and to others it may have been a simple case of a father looking out for his son. We don't know all the details and given the politics of minor hockey I'm inclined to view it all with a degree of caution before rushing to any conclusions.

But even if Tie was being his usual clown show, the salient point to keep in mind is that, unlike Galchenyuk's dad, Tie Domi wasn't making life hell for his kid and his kid's team once he made it to the NHL. He wasn't texting his kid between periods critiquing his play or chewing him out in front of his teammates and the media after games.

As for Max Domi demanding a trade, so what? He was playing for a crap team that's run by morons (he should feel right at home with the Habs) and wanted out. I would too. What takes more "character"? Staying silent and putting up with having your career run into the ground by coaches and management or speaking out and demanding to be heard, knowing that doing so will put a target on your back with some of your teammates and with management and their media lackeys? Given the way most NHL teams deal with dissent, I think it's more courageous for a player to rebel than to stoically toe the company line.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think that Bergevin, in his quest for more "attitude" may have just added someone to the team that he will have a hell of a time controlling. If ever there's a dressing room revolt against Bergevin, I now expect that Domi may be leading the charge. How ironic would that be?

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I like both player. Max Domi is gonna be a better player in a market like MTL. 18 goals, 52 points first season. He got a potential to be a 20-25 goal scorer with 35-45 assists. He have better hockey sens and playmaking ability than Galchenyuk.

This trade is good for both teams.

Domi like play with pressure and Galchenyuk like play with underpressure.

Heard the same thing about Drouin...

Domi is another Gallagher but more playmaking style, which is great, but we didn't really need that.
I wouldn't bet on him becoming a 70pt guy either, not even 60.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
As for Max Domi demanding a trade, so what? He was playing for a crap team that's run by morons (he should feel right at home with the Habs) and wanted out. I would too. What takes more "character"? Staying silent and putting up with having your career run into the ground by coaches and management or speaking out and demanding to be heard, knowing that doing so will put a target on your back with some of your teammates and with management and their media lackeys? Given the way most NHL teams deal with dissent, I think it's more courageous for a player to rebel than to stoically toe the company line.

It takes a heck of a lot more character to accept your depressing situation and battle through it with positivity, coming out on top, rather than do the easy thing asking to be traded.

Domi is a scrappy guy, that's good. I really don't have much bad to say about the guy. I mean, scrappy guy, can dish out the puck nicely, skates well, I actually like the player. I just don't like the trade and he definitely did not fill a void.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Well if Hoffman goes for a 2nd and late picks or a bad contract in Boedker, Domi doesn't look to bad IMO.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
590 laughing at us saying Bergs had to make this trade as no other players will play here. lol They could be right though.

Well I found it interesting that Bergevin emphasized that Domi wanted to play here which was important. Well who's fault is that players don't want to play here? I've said it a million times that good players and a winning culture attract other good players. You know who wanted and loved playing here? PK Subban, Lars Eller, Radulov and Alex Galchenyuk.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well if Hoffman goes for a 2nd and late picks or a bad contract in Boedker, Domi doesn't look to bad IMO.

That's not even a consideration. Hoffman was in a very particular situation.

Ottawa's toxic dumps are not setting the standard for what players on other teams are traded for.

Amazing the lengths Bergevin proponents will go to defend him. Then again, not so amazing.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
I demanded a trade during my third season in the NHL because I didn't like the way I was being used. Who am I? Character guy Max Domi.
That was Duclair.

But yeah....Alex's dad and Max's dad were/are both a little overbearing in their sons' careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->