Confirmed with Link: MTL-ARI: Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Where do you think the Habs would be had they signed Radulov? Probably drafting 7-8 and with three contacts to whine about instead of two.

There is nothing to whine about when it comes to Radulov. Where would they be? They'd be able to count on a productive first line asset that only cost cap space that they didn't even use last year.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Where do you think the Habs would be had they signed Radulov? Probably drafting 7-8 and with three contacts to whine about instead of two.
You are completely missing the point. It's not just Radu. It's also skipping on Markov. It's choosing Briere over Jagr. It's targeting PAP.
All those decisions add up.

Of course, adding Radulov probably wouldn't change much of anything last season. That's not an argument. Having McDavid last season didn't really help Edmonton accomplish anything either, so what? Is anybody in their right mind going to argue they don't need the guy??
Well same for us. We still need Radulov. Just because we sucked last year doesn't mean we don't need guys like him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You are completely missing the point. It's not just Radu. It's also skipping on Markov. It's choosing Briere over Jagr. It's targeting PAP.

Of course, adding Radulov probably wouldn't change much of anything last season. That's not an argument. Having McDavid last season didn't really help Edmonton accomplish anything either, so what? Is anybody in their right mind going to argue they don't need the guy??
Well same for us. We still need Radulov. Just because we sucked last year doesn't mean we don't need guys like him.

Apparently, the organization is so deep that we don't need free assets. We'd rather pay for them in lopsided trades.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
lol ya no one doubted 1 year of Radulov would be a good deal, it's the term that was a concern to me. Way to early to be bringing that up.
This idea that a player needs to be worth every single year of his contract is some weird ass argument.
Radulov was well worth the investment. So he might not be completely worth his last couple years of contract, so what man, same is true for most top players.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Radulov is what some people dream Domi could become. Except, Domi will never have Radulov's superior body.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This idea that a player needs to be worth every single year of his contract is some weird ass argument.
Radulov was well worth the investment. So he might not be completely worth his last couple years of contract, so what man, same is true for most top players.

That's the lot of UFA players. No one expects them to perform all-out for the length of their deals. There will always be the back-end of the deal that is going to serve as a form of severance should the player no longer be at his best.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Hockey 24/7 has called some stuff before if I'm not mistaken (Drouin trade being one and most recently contract figures for OEL)

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Just par for the course. Amazing how all this dirty laundry keeps getting leaked right after a questionable trade. When did this organization become so disgustingly despicable and lack the very same thing they keep preaching, character. I am hoping for a lot empty seats this season.

when you ask ?

When Marc Bergevin became the face of the franchise.

Reactions: Pickles

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Watched a video on Bergevin explaining the trade last night... A question was ask. What do you say to Habs fans who don't like this deal and think we should of gotten more for Galchenyuk? His answer was Domi played out west and Habs fans have not watched him and don't know much about him. What a bunch of BS. We know exactly who Domi is and he has game but we gave up the player with more upside. It's obvious. I welcome Domi to our team but I would of preferred a different player going the other way or the Coyotes to add at least a future 2nd round pick to address the higher upside in Galchenyuk.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
There is nothing to whine about when it comes to Radulov. Where would they be? They'd be able to count on a productive first line asset that only cost cap space that they didn't even use last year.

I believe had Radulov stayed, Galchenyuk would be a Hab still. Never mind one if not both of Pacioretty and Drouin would have probably had much better seasons.

I don’t think anyone will question Radulov’s skill, IQ and strength on the boards. What he also had which was such a talking point this season; attitude.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The team was NOT better with Galchenyuk at C. He couldn't handle the matchups against other teams' top Cs, and it's going to be the same out west next year for him, too. Chucky's NOT going to match up well against the Getzlafs, Kopitars, McDavids, Draisitals, Pavelskis. He's not in that league. Galchenyuk was sheltered for a reason...he just wasn't that good.

Yes, Drouin sucks as a C, too.
Montreal has not had a center in ten years that "match up well against the Getzlafs, Kopitars, McDavids, Draisitals, Pavelskis"

Chucky was just one of many............yet the only one to score 30.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Radulov woudlve probably been an 80 point player in the nhl in his prime. So yea no chance Domi becomes that

Radulov > Domi. No contest but never say never about Domi scoring 80 pts. If we focus on futures and surround our current core with multiple grade A prospects, I can see it being a possibility down the road. However, Domi won't be the leader of the group. He will be the benefactor cause he is dishing pucks to goal scorers.

With our current core? I don't expect Domi to do much. Just not enough skill and we have lack of shooters to score.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I believe had Radulov stayed, Galchenyuk would be a Hab still. Never mind one if not both of Pacioretty and Drouin would have probably had much better seasons.

I don’t think anyone will question Radulov’s skill, IQ and strength on the boards. What he also had which was such a talking point this season; attitude.
Rads, Subban, Markov, to good for Montreal.

They need more Domis, Alzners, and Benns.

"it all starts with Ca-reeey"

Habs will be out of play offs by November again this season.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
To the people complaining about Chucky's defense, I remind you that unlikely Gallagher he missed a year of Junior.

That matters here, as the Habs have not developed an NHL forward in the Bergevin era.

When Galchenyuk goes to Phoenix he'll interact with something new for him: a professional NHL coaching staff.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Watched a video on Bergevin explaining the trade last night... A question was ask. What do you say to Habs fans who don't like this deal and think we should of gotten more for Galchenyuk? His answer was Domi played out west and Habs fans have not watched him and don't know much about him. What a bunch of BS. We know exactly who Domi is and he has game but we gave up the player with more upside. It's obvious. I welcome Domi to our team but I would of preferred a different player going the other way or the Coyotes to add at least a future 2nd round pick to address the higher upside in Galchenyuk.
It's about time you realize how condescending and insulting Bergevin. It's been obvious for years, starting with his Playstation comment. As if anybody that is demanding more from him and expect improvements just live in a completely fantasy reality.
Trading for good players is very difficult, and top centers are never available...last one was Joe Thornton in Boston he said...And if you only knew what happened with the Scott trade, you'd understand it...Oh, his job is oh-so difficult...Now you can add that if you don't like this trade then you just don't know Domi...blablabla

The guy is full of crap. It's been obvious for a long time. Better late than never, glad you are finally seeing passed his BS.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Bergevin is up to something big, may shock a lot of people

I'm excited, this means he's finally won a trade that involves more than scrubs

So of course this is fake :(
It scares the crap out of me, all I can think is bye, bye, 3OA.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad