Confirmed with Link: MTL-ARI: Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Can you tell us how many games Drouin played on the fourth line?

Yes management mishandled both AG and Drouin last year. Drouin is a winger not a center and AG is better at center. The team is better with Galchenyuk at center and their record reflects that.
The team was NOT better with Galchenyuk at C. He couldn't handle the matchups against other teams' top Cs, and it's going to be the same out west next year for him, too. Chucky's NOT going to match up well against the Getzlafs, Kopitars, McDavids, Draisitals, Pavelskis. He's not in that league. Galchenyuk was sheltered for a reason...he just wasn't that good.

Yes, Drouin sucks as a C, too.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
The team was NOT better with Galchenyuk at C. He couldn't handle the matchups against other teams' top Cs, and it's going to be the same out west next year for him, too. Chucky's NOT going to match up well against the Getzlafs, Kopitars, McDavids, Draisitals, Pavelskis. He's not in that league. Galchenyuk was sheltered for a reason...he just wasn't that good.

Do you have any stats to back this up because im very open to agree if you can post them?

Reactions: Runner77

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Only 3 points less than Gallagher despite playing a majority of the season on the 4th line or did you expect Galchenyuk to score 100 points from the 4th line? Play him at center with some good wingers and I guarantee you he will produce.

Drouin played on the first line with the teams best wingers since day 1 and scored less than AG... what's his excuse?

Yes, if you play AG at C with the teams best players he will produce at a clip similar to his linemates.

Gallagher plays up and down the lineup, kills penalties, plays defense, hits, retrieve pucks and still out produces AG. Far superior player. He’s a 30g scorer with Hudon and Pleks and can play shut down.

AG is a one dimensional player. Needs O starts and best players, including someone to retrieve pucks and linemates to play defense and yes he can produce 55-60 points.

Very interested to see how they use him in AZ. That team lacks talent and he can’t carry a line . Chayka seems him as C depth, not as a C, and he is behind Steppan and Strome. If he plays C it will be with some pretty weak forwards. How soon till him and Dad expect him to play ahead of the Yotes own 3rd OV in Strome?

Dude is going to play wing, with players worse then the two lines he produced on with the Habs

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Yes, if you play AG at C with the teams best players he will produce at a clip similar to his linemates.

Gallagher plays up and down the lineup, kills penalties, plays defense, hits, retrieve pucks and still out produces AG. Far superior player. He’s a 30g scorer with Hudon and Pleks and can play shut down.

AG is a one dimensional player. Needs O starts and best players, including someone to retrieve pucks and linemates to play defense and yes he can produce 55-60 points.

Very interested to see how they use him in AZ. That team lacks talent and he can’t carry a line . Chayka seems him as C depth, not as a C, and he is behind Steppan and Strome. If he plays C it will be with some pretty weak forwards. How soon till him and Dad expect him to play ahead of the Yotes own 3rd OV in Strome?

Dude is going to play wing, with players worse then the two lines he produced on with the Habs

If youre gonna talk out your ass atleast take some time to research the team you and trying to know about

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Our best forward when, last year? Sorry that was Gallagher, by far.

I commend the people that could watch the team last year, I really do. So a measly 3 points difference despite Galchenyuk playing on the 4th line is what you call our best forward by far? Galchenyuk must have played like a beast once he got moved up to make up that kind of difference. I know he scored a hattrick against the Islanders.

Ovechkin is the best goal scorer in the league, by far. McDavid is the best player in the NHL, by far. See the difference?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Here's a little secret for you, it takes 20 players to win a Stanley Cup. Gallagher is great at what he does but he can't play #1C. I'm surprised they didn't try. :sarcasm:

If Galchenyuk plays up to the skill level of his linemates then play him with better players. What's the problem? Because when Danault was moved up the lineup, Radulov's production dropped by 75%.

I'm curious to see how AZ uses AG too. I think he slots in at #2C right away and that would be a perfect place for him instead of being the #1C of a new team right away although I would like to see what he could do with Keller. Strome only has 28 games played in the NHL over two seasons. Galchenyuk is the better and more experienced player.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
I commend the people that could watch the team last year, I really do. So a measly 3 points difference despite Galchenyuk playing on the 4th line is what you call our best forward by far? Galchenyuk must have played like a beast once he got moved up to make up that kind of difference. I know he scored a hattrick against the Islanders.

Ovechkin is the best goal scorer in the league, by far. McDavid is the best player in the NHL, by far. See the difference?
You know, the reason you get a response like that is because you claimed Galchenyuk was our best forward last season. You can say it all you want, but that doesn’t make it a fact. Once you stop exaggerating you likely won’t get exaggerated rebuttals.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wonder what the excuses will be when AG disappoints in the dessert lol

Where have we seen this kind of doomsday prediction before?

Radulov was great last year, but handing the guy a blank cheque would be crazy. He's 31 and has the spottiest track record of any player in the league. I honestly think that contract ends up a bullet dodged.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/135935197/

I think everyone is bummed we lost Rads...

That said, I think ultimately that contract will prove to be a bullet dodged.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/135733531/

I definitely hope that Radulov contract ends up looking like a bullet dodged.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/134497995/

(plus 3 other Radulov "bullet dodged" posts in addition to the above).

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
You know, the reason you get a response like that is because you claimed Galchenyuk was our best forward last season. You can say it all you want, but that doesn’t make it a fact. Once you stop exaggerating you likely won’t get exaggerated rebuttals.

I was making a point that Galchenyuk was one of our best forwards. The debate was Galchenyuk vs Drouin since that Dramaticglovesave guy was crapping on AG all year and hyping up Drouin like the second coming of Christ... how did that work out?

I meant AG was one of our best forwards. Only 3 point difference between him and Gallagher. If AG is playing #1C all season he out points Gallagher.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
I was making a point that Galchenyuk was one of our best forwards. The debate was Galchenyuk vs Drouin since that Dramaticglovesave guy was crapping on AG all year and hyping up Drouin like the second coming of Christ... how did that work out?

I meant AG was one of our best forwards. Only 3 point difference between him and Gallagher. If AG is playing #1C all season he out points Gallagher.
Thanks for clearing that up. I still wonder if you watched his defensive game at all when you proclaim him to be our best (or one of our best) forwards.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Where have we seen this kind of doomsday prediction before?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/135935197/

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/135733531/

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/134497995/

(plus 3 other Radulov "bullet dodged" posts in addition to the above).

LOL nice one! 72 points for Radulov, yep we sure dodged that bullet! Considering the season we just had I think Habs would have been better hand him over that blank cheque afterall.

He said the same thing about PK Subban, Eller, Radulov and now Galchenyuk. We've been through this song and dance rodeo before and we know how it turns out.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
actually it makes sense. While the player is still hear no one wants to say things because it might getback to them and its awkward. Once the player is gone the dynamic changes, and you can leak more without worrying about ruining a source.

Media does it for guys you don't like too. MT had stories come out about him tot after he left does that fit into your conspiracy too. I mean its probably a player leaking this stuff of course you don't say anything when the guy is still in the locker room. Once he is gone thouggh you can take the gloves off.

Well....remember wat happened when Radulov left?
The mercenary that use the Habs for money.
That was their narrative.....have nothing to do with inside info. Just trashing character.

And that makes him Montreal’s best forward? Because he ALMOST had the most points? Offensive output aside, Galchenyuk was a defensive zone nightmare last season, you calling him the Habs best forward is pretty funny.

Galchenyuk on ice for 62 goal against ar ES
Gallagher = 63
Drouin = 65
Domi = 67

He wasn't really good, i'll give you that.....but a nightmare?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Thanks for clearing that up. I still wonder if you watched his defensive game at all when you proclaim him to be our best (or one of our best) forwards.

We lived with Desharnais for how many years? All of a sudden we care about defense? lol. Habs were the 3rd lowest scoring team in the league only better than Buffalo and Arizona. Yep bergevin did Galchenyuk dirty like that. How about we worry about scoring goals first. Bergevin seems to not know that you actually need to score goals to win games.

Reactions: Price is Wright

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We lived with Desharnais for how many years? All of a sudden we care about defense? lol. Habs were the 3rd lowest scoring team in the league only better than Buffalo and Arizona. Yep bergevin did Galchenyuk dirty like that. How about we worry about scoring goals first. Bergevin seems to not know that you actually need to score goals to win games.

Bergy scored 36 career nhl goals....in 1191 games

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

DTv68uqU8AAU8ZN.jpg

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Eller was good at defense. We let him go.
Drouin is awful at D and softer than Galchenyuk. He's treated like a king.

There is no rhyme or reason with this team if the goal is winning.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
@tony marinaro

Hearing the Habs were looking for a 1st round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft (I don’t know if top 10 or top 15 or top 20) in return for Galchenyuk but teams were not interested

Never mind guys

It's a pretty deep draft. Someone could take Rasmus Sandin in the top 20 and his upside is top 2 D.

Even later you have a guy like Alex Alexeyev who could be a quality top 2/3.

If Montreal wanted another 1st in this draft then they should've bitten the bullet and traded him at the deadline when teams were looking for depth scorers & Chucky's on a good contract.

Detroit got a 1st for Tatar for gawd's sakes & he's awful.

We did absolutely nothing at the deadline. A complete f***ing joke when Brandon Davidson got a f***ing 3rd.

Yea, we traded Montoya & Morrow, but far more should've been done, especially considering our season was already in the toilet.

We should have made a move to get a 2nd 1st at the deadline, like NYR & Detroit did.

Bergevin's player management really sucks.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Team's best start in franchise history with Galchenyuk as #1C says you're wrong.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Brunet is sucking Bergy's balls, nothing more. Alex's hockey IQ was poor? lol. He was the only one out there who could cycle and pass the puck on the PP. Sure he had flaws, but his play with the puck wasn't an issue.
:laugh: great post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad