Confirmed with Link: MTL-ARI: Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Farber just said that AG's dad wanted his agent to call MB and tell him to play him at C.

I think maybe his dad got tired of AG not being a C and wanted his kid to play on a team that will play him there.

For AG's camp there is a lot of money at stake in 2 years and they believe AG can get more points and thus more money playing at C IMO.

Chayka’s problem now.

Reactions: DAChampion

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Farber just said that AG's dad wanted his agent to call MB and tell him to play him at C.

I think maybe his dad got tired of AG not being a C and wanted his kid to play on a team that will play him there.

For AG's camp there is a lot of money at stake in 2 years and they believe AG can get more points and thus more money playing at C IMO.

Good for AG's dad. AG was being disgustingly mishandled here. Galchenyuk's agent knew what he was doing when he got his client the hell out of dodge. When you see your client is being passed over for players like JDLR, McCarron, Byron, Danault, Drouin you know there's a problem.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

His dad and anybody with an objective mind and a set of eyes.
Didn't even have to be a fan of AG, you just had to look at Montreal's center situation. DD-Plek, we drafted Galchenyuk. I mean...the fact there even was a discussion about whether or not AG should be used at center is hilarious.

It's as if the Flyers finally found a starting goalie but used him on defense.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Never. They’ll hang on to him until his value is diminished, much like Plekanec.

. Who else? Weber is immovable unless they retain salary or get less back and LOL at thinking price will waive his NMC. He'll be the sacrificial lamb when they trade him for a worse player after making Weber captain. Weber, Domi, Shaw, Alzner, Pacioretty, Danault, Worse player will lead this team to many 9th place finishes

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
. Who else? Weber is immovable unless they retain salary or get less back and LOL at thinking price will waive his NMC. He'll be the sacrificial lamb when they trade him for a worse player after making Weber captain. Weber, Domi, Shaw, Alzner, Pacioretty, Danault, Worse player will lead this team to many 9th place finishes

Gallagher, Weber, Petry, Byron, Price, Shaw, and possibly Pacioretty will all be traded or let go after their value has dropped to zero.

This reminds me of 2013 or so when @Lafleurs Guy, @417, and myself were calling for Plekanec to be traded.

But this is much worse.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Gallagher, Weber, Petry, Byron, Price, Shaw, and possibly Pacioretty will all be traded or let go after their value has dropped to zero.

This reminds me of 2013 or so when @Lafleurs Guy, @417, and myself were calling for Plekanec to be traded.

But this is much worse.

The habs drain trust is doing a bang up job then.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So I guess if we piece everything together we know why we got Domi.

AG wanted a trade going back to Feb(Ward), his Dad wanted him to play C(Farber), CJ refused playing him C when he asked at the end of the season, the agent basically orchestrated the deal(posted here) and no one was willing to move a 1st (Tony).

So with all this MB backed himself into taking Domi on the trade.

One more interesting rumor about a Sheary or Rust + Simon(prospect) for Domi.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Good for AG's dad. AG was being disgustingly mishandled here. Galchenyuk's agent knew what he was doing when he got his client the hell out of dodge. When you see your client is being passed over for players like JDLR, McCarron, Byron, Danault, Drouin you know there's a problem.
Hmm, that leak regarding AG's dad being overbearing seems more like PR assassination with this info.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I was making a point that Galchenyuk was one of our best forwards. The debate was Galchenyuk vs Drouin since that Dramaticglovesave guy was crapping on AG all year and hyping up Drouin like the second coming of Christ... how did that work out?

I meant AG was one of our best forwards. Only 3 point difference between him and Gallagher. If AG is playing #1C all season he out points Gallagher.

If he's playing top 6 all season with appropriate linemates he easily outscores Gallagher. Not to diminish Gally, he had a career season.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
His defensive effort is not up to NHL standards. That, combined with his skating issues and lack of speed, makes him a massive liability at C. MB is an idiot, but AG wasn't doing himself any favors if he wanted to play C. He could have worked to improve those aspects of his game, instead he sulked and complained. It will be different in ARZ though. They are a small market, non-competitive team. Nobody is going to care if he's a net negative playing C there. Good for him I guess. Doesn't change what he is though.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Thanks for clearing that up. I still wonder if you watched his defensive game at all when you proclaim him to be our best (or one of our best) forwards.

I wonder if you couldn't get past your preconceived ideas enough to pay attention because Galchenyuk made the biggest single season improvement in 2 way play in his career.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Hmm, that leak regarding AG's dad being overbearing seems more like PR assassination with this info.

Just par for the course. Amazing how all this dirty laundry keeps getting leaked right after a questionable trade. When did this organization become so disgustingly despicable and lack the very same thing they keep preaching, character. I am hoping for a lot empty seats this season.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Just par for the course. Amazing how all this dirty laundry keeps getting leaked right after a questionable trade. When did this organization become so disgustingly despicable and lack the very same thing they keep preaching, character. I am hoping for a lot empty seats this season.

lol..you will get your wish right from game 1

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

There's also the start of the annual influx of new dyed in the wool Bergevin supporters.

I'm guessing it's a seasonal parole thing. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad