TV: Mr. Robot (USA Network)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Did season 2 ever pick up after the first four episodes? I lost interest in season 2 really quickly after season 1 gripped me to a super binge watch status. I think I watched the whole season in two days.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My favorite show on TV. Pretty excited. Not sure if I want to wait to binge it all in one go though. S2 had some pacing issues that would have annoyed me had I not waited to watch them all together.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Thanks for the reminder. Completely forgot.

The first season was one of the best seasons of TV I'd ever seen. The second season, then, was disappointing but still "ok..."

void

Jan 5, 2006
I hope White Rose was just playing Angela when she supposedly told her that there was a way for them to erase all of what happened (including their parents' deaths) and go back normalcy. It'd be a huge turnoff for me if they went with the crazy sci-fi time machine or alternate universe angle. I mean, I adore sci-fi but I personally don't think it has a place in this show. Hmm.. Or maybe she was talking about virtual reality? That would make a lot more sense and fit the theme of the show perfectly.

Overall tho, it was a fantastic premiere.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I love how completely they've turned Elliot and Mr. Robot into two separate people. It's one thing to have everyone talk to "Mr. Robot" but assume they're talking to Elliot (since they're not aware of the split), but now we've got Angela being able to recognize which personality is in control and actively scheme against the other personality.

The scene on the bus was great TV.

Reactions: Breakdowns

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I hope White Rose was just playing Angela when she supposedly told her that there was a way for them to erase all of what happened (including their parents' deaths) and go back normalcy. It'd be a huge turnoff for me if they went with the crazy sci-fi time machine or alternate universe angle. I mean, I adore sci-fi but I personally don't think it has a place in this show. Hmm.. Or maybe she was talking about virtual reality? That would make a lot more sense and fit the theme of the show perfectly.

I don't think they're going to actually reverse what happened, I think it was more metaphorical. I guess we'll see, though!

I think Angela's character development has been truly excellent. Her arc is outstanding.

Thought it was a great ep. Loved the tie-ins from FSociety's moves in season 1 and 2 to current events ;)

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
The new character Irving is straight out of Fargo on FX. Maybe he got lost and wandered on to the wrong set.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
maybe not:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/11/mr-robot-trump-time-travel-season-3/

Just as a general question, totally disconnected from Mr. Robot: Do you think season 3 of a television show is too late to introduce the concept of time travel?
[Laughs] The problem with time travel — I’ve always said in the writers’ room that whenever you introduce time travel, it’s game over. Then all of the rules go out the window. Throwing out time travel in the middle of a series run is a little late.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

I'm guessing it will either be a VR-type situation or a false promise where Angela does as they ask only for Dark Army to back out later on.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio

Agreed, really hope they don't veer off into time travel, seems odd with the atmosphere of the show. I got turned off from Lost because it made no sense.
Really strong episode after a slightly disappointing season 2. Best writing of any show on cable.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Decent season premier. I'm not sure the Dark Army has even promised Angela what she told Elliot, unless I'm forgetting a scene. Angela is trying to manipulate Elliot to distract him away from what Mr. Robot is doing for them.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Decent season premier. I'm not sure the Dark Army has even promised Angela what she told Elliot, unless I'm forgetting a scene. Angela is trying to manipulate Elliot to distract him away from what Mr. Robot is doing for them.

In the first scene you see that White Rose is building some sort of massive machine so she definitely promised Angela something. Maybe it's a large hadron collider in order to access a parallel universe? Or some sort of VR thing? Or a supercomputer to build and connect everyone to a mass simulation? Whatever it is, I'm glad Esmail confirmed that it's not a time machine. :laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
In the first scene you see that White Rose is building some sort of massive machine so she definitely promised Angela something. Maybe it's a large hadron collider in order to access a parallel universe? Or some sort of VR thing? Or a supercomputer to build and connect everyone to a mass simulation? Whatever it is, I'm glad Esmail confirmed that it's not a time machine. :laugh:
Yea I know about the giant machine in the first scene, but I was wondering if I missed some scene where White Rose told Angela what she told Elliot, since people in this thread were talking like the Dark Army promised her that. To me I took what she was saying as a manipulation of Elliot after it was revealed that she was helping the Mr. Robot personality.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

Time travel. They're trying to replicate what Angela saw in the White Room. Remember, she was trying to tell Elliot?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Scene with his therapist and Mr Robot coming out was A+ television.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad