XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
eps3.7_dont-delete-me.ko'

w8fIA.gif

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Bit of a slow episode after 3 of the most intense of the entire series. Still some solid character building and a newly motivated Elliot.

Last edited:

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
No kidding, watching this show is a damn-near euphoric experience. It is a week-to-week suspense/thrill ride on par with shows like Breaking Bad.

Damn, maybe I should get back to it. I watched perhaps 5-6 episodes in Season 1 awhile ago, but just didn't like it that much.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Even "filler" episodes this show does so well. The scene with Elliott and Angela was great. Most of the scenes with the kid were tolerable, too, and I mean that as a major compliment.

Screenshotted the e-mail from Tr3nton. Loved the callback mid-episode to her hacker name.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Damn, maybe I should get back to it. I watched perhaps 5-6 episodes in Season 1 awhile ago, but just didn't like it that much.

It stays a slow burn well into Season 2, and around Season 3 things start going off. If you can stomach the inherent silliness of the premise, and some of the hammy dialogue, the rest is pure gold.

Mr. Robot does the slow burn just as well, but also takes greater care in fleshing out each character than BB does.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not sure how I feel about Elliot hitting the enter key. Could be interesting, could make things more boring.

Pretty solid finale but the twists really weren't twists.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Thoughts on why Whiterose had Joey Bada$$ execute everyone in the barn? No survivors for her plan for Elliott to carry out? But what about Joey Bada$$?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Thoughts on why Whiterose had Joey Bada$$ execute everyone in the barn? No survivors for her plan for Elliott to carry out? But what about Joey Bada$$?
I'm assuming she was calling her #2 and he was ignoring it, so Leon got the order to execute him and his goons to save Elliot.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm assuming she was calling her #2 and he was ignoring it, so Leon got the order to execute him and his goons to save Elliot.
I thought the only phone call he received from Whiterose was after Joey executed everyone else? It was clear that she had texted Joey Bada$$, but I think the first, and only communication with the #2 guy there was after that had all happened? Could be wrong. It happened quick.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Elliot said he could save Whiteroses "project" where as the chinese guy couldn't get it done for months or years making him expendable. Once he was off'd Elliot gave Joey the info on how to move it to the Congo .Wheather that info actually works is yet to be seen. As far as the text goes Elliot mentioned he could save the project before the text came,then the text came in,then everyone got shot. The final call to the chinese guy was Whiterose saying goodbye and like any good Dark army solider he took care of himself.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Elliot said he could save Whiteroses "project" where as the chinese guy couldn't get it done for months or years making him expendable. Once he was off'd Elliot gave Joey the info on how to move it to the Congo .Wheather that info actually works is yet to be seen. As far as the text goes Elliot mentioned he could save the project before the text came,then the text came in,then everyone got shot. The final call to the chinese guy was Whiterose saying goodbye and like any good Dark army solider he took care of himself.
Expendable, sure. But why execute?

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass

It's the Dark Army's way. Once they are done with someone they are done. They can't risk them flipping or getting caught. Look at how the FBI shooting went down or the restaurant shooting. The shooters off'd themselves rather then get caught. Same goes for the chinese guy. He knows he's failed and now expendable and out of the protection off the Dark Army so he might get caught so off he went. Honor suicide if you will.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's the Dark Army's way. Once they are done with someone they are done. They can't risk them flipping or getting caught. Look at how the FBI shooting went down or the restaurant shooting. The shooters off'd themselves rather then get caught. Same goes for the chinese guy. He knows he's failed and now expendable and out of the protection off the Dark Army so he might get caught so off he went. Honor suicide if you will.
True true true. I can get behind this.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

The DA believes that Whiterose can 'unwind' things and they wont actually be dead.

I knew Grant was a goner once he confronted Whiterose about Elliot in the previous episode.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I just love that the DA's main hitmen are a burnout and a used car salesman.

Irving is an ex of Whiterose. There's a lot more to him than what he lets on. The used car thing is just his cover. Leon is whatever the DA needs him to be.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Irving is an ex of Whiterose. There's a lot more to him than what he lets on. The used car thing is just his cover. Leon is whatever the DA needs him to be.
Irving screams ex-cop. He's more of their cleaner it seems than a hitman as well.

Reactions: silverfish

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Not sure how I feel about Elliot hitting the enter key. Could be interesting, could make things more boring.

Pretty solid finale but the twists really weren't twists.

The Dark Army said they didn't care about undoing 5/9, but E-Corp and E-Coin? I can't imagine they want to undo it, I think they'll end up burying the whole thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad