TV: Mr. Robot (USA Network)

void

Jan 5, 2006
Rami Malek won the Emmy for Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series :handclap:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Think tonight's finale will either be a 0 or a 100, and nothing in between.

What. Is. Happening?

Wish I could watch it live. I'm supposed to have Showcase (where it's played in Canada) but they did this free HD trial on all these channels and after it ended my cable company forgot to switch all those trial channels back to SD on my TV so it says I don't have access to almost any of them. Really annoying.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
It's the worst title in the history of tv. If you leave the period out, your vcr will not record it for you. :shakehead

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's the worst title in the history of tv. If you leave the period out, your vcr will not record it for you. :shakehead

What? Just find the show, select it, and set up a recording. This is possible on virtually every TV provider I'm aware of.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Holy ****.

That was incredible. I don't know that there's much else to say.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
[spoil]I kept saying its ridiculous that people think Tyrell died and became a new personality or that he always was. The show legitimately had me thinking he really might be. Then boom. They really got me[/spoil]

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
[spoil]It's interesting that the FBI knew Elliott was involved all along (maybe not all along), and that they had him in jail for other crimes but didn't investigate.

But damn, they have nearly every piece of that puzzle. What does that mean? Does that mean there's a rat?

Tyrell being real :handclap:

Had a feeling the phone pointed to the address of the CTO. Think I posted that a few pages back, may just be imagining that though :laugh:
[/spoil]
So many questions. Frustrating, but damn, good episode.

Last edited:

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
[spoil]It's interesting that the FBI knew Elliott was involved all along (maybe not all along), and that they had him in jail for other crimes but didn't investigate.

But damn, they have nearly every piece of that puzzle. What does that mean? Does that mean there's a rat?

Tyrell being real :handclap:

Had a feeling the phone pointed to the address of the CTO. Think I posted that a few pages back, may just be imagining that though :laugh:
[/spoil]
So many questions. Frustrating, but damn, good episode.

They could have let him out and to see if he would lead them to Tyrell. Also how about that post credits scene :amazed:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Did everyone see the scene after the credits?

And we know why the Dark Army was messing with the power. Forcing Evil-Corp to use UPS's.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Couple of thoughts:

[spoil]- Thank ****ing god that they didn't go for the bat**** crazy theories like "omg Whiterose building a time machine", or "Tyrell Wellick is Elliot's third split." These were people who read way too much into something that was relatively simple.

- **** AJFNALKSDKLASD YES TYRELL IS ALIVE!

- Loved how this finale focused closely on the theme of control. Darlene trying to stay in control, only to realize that she has nowhere near the level of control that she thought she had. Elliot mentally breaking down in front of Tyrell and assumed that Tyrell was just another dissociative split like Mr. Robot, as a means to try and control his demons, which in turn contributed to getting shot at.

- Leon is back o booooy. This likely means that Mobley and Trenton will either be forced to join the Dark Army or be dead. Interesting too considering that Trenton had an idea to try and generate the encryption key. Would be neat to see fsociety fighting back against the Dark Army after being disillusioned by how they weren't saving anyone in their "revolution."[/spoil]

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
[spoil] Was Mrs Wellick always planning on setting Scott up?

The barman from the E corp party is her boyfriend. She is now manipulating him into giving false testimony.

She had him hit her for the past few months perhaps to build up the confidence to go through with it? I don't know, when I saw Scott punching her, it was the camera angle that reminded me of the scenes earlier in the season.
[/spoil]

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
[spoil] Was Mrs Wellick always planning on setting Scott up?

The barman from the E corp party is her boyfriend. She is now manipulating him into giving false testimony.

She had him hit her for the past few months perhaps to build up the confidence to go through with it? I don't know, when I saw Scott punching her, it was the camera angle that reminded me of the scenes earlier in the season.
[/spoil]

I feel like she thought it Scott was where Tyrell would be. I think she truly believes he's gone forever now. I bet that will parlay into S3 next season. Although your point about hitting her does make me think maybe... she's crazy... and CRAZY HOT.

I don't think Tyrell's "I love him" is in a sexual way. He kept referring to him and Elliott as gods so I think it's more of a worshipping way. Angela on the other hand, who knows. I think Whiterose told her to wait on a phone call from Tyrell and she's now associated with the Dark Army but wasn't all along.

I REALLY like how the FBI wasn't incompetent to all this and actually was so far ahead of them in terms of mapping this out, although it's sad because now it's like "how do they escape" but I guess the Dark Army always stands there as a plot armour. They had stuff on Gideon and everyone in fsociety too which was a cool reveal and a nice "oh ****" for Darlene after trying to finesse her way through Dom's interrogation.

Not a big fan of how many unanswered questions from this season are still there and now there's only more of them for next season (although I'm not too concerned with "will Elliott live?"). I figured we'd at least get info on why Tyrell was missing (unless I just missed it) and why he hasn't contacted Joanna.

Wish they would have explained a bit more but I do like some of the anticipation/build-up for next season. Great ride, loved the prison reveal, Ray was an awesome character, the shootings were crazy and always made you feel like they came out of nowhere and I love Dom as a character.

I assume Darlene will be in custody for most of S3? Or at least the first half.

Not putting this in spoiler tags cause at this point it's been 2 days... if you're reading this thread it's too late :laugh:

Oh and I didn't see the part with Leon but I read about it and I assume he's protecting them, not killing them. But glad he will be back :yo:

I don't think I've ever seen a show where the season finales bring up so many questions, yet strangely leaves me satisfied.

This was the most important post I read about this yesterday :laugh: It allowed me to temper my expectations going in, knowing I'd leave with questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad