TV: Mr. Robot (USA Network)

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
[spoil] Was Mrs Wellick always planning on setting Scott up?

[/spoil]

I don't think so.

She mentioned when she found out who was calling her that "this is the greatest gift anyone has ever given me" so it feels like that plan was hatched right then and there

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I REALLY like how the FBI wasn't incompetent to all this and actually was so far ahead of them in terms of mapping this out, although it's sad because now it's like "how do they escape" but I guess the Dark Army always stands there as a plot armour. They had stuff on Gideon and everyone in fsociety too which was a cool reveal and a nice "oh ****" for Darlene after trying to finesse her way through Dom's interrogation.

I'm not sure if they were actually ahead on anything. Everything could have been constructed post-hoc.

e: I guess the Tyrell-Elliot connection is the only real reveal. I'm wondering what they have there other than Elliot being at Steel Mountain the same day as Tyrell.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm not sure if they were actually ahead on anything. Everything could have been constructed post-hoc.

e: I guess the Tyrell-Elliot connection is the only real reveal. I'm wondering what they have there other than Elliot being at Steel Mountain the same day as Tyrell.

To me it doesn't look like the FBI has anything at all besides a board with a bunch of names on it. They have had similar profiles on the mafia in the past where they know who everyone is but can't actually prove crimes. They may get there eventually with everyone, but if they had enough to charge and convict people they would be doing it already.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
To me it doesn't look like the FBI has anything at all besides a board with a bunch of names on it. They have had similar profiles on the mafia in the past where they know who everyone is but can't actually prove crimes. They may get there eventually with everyone, but if they had enough to charge and convict people they would be doing it already.

This is my assumption as well.

The "python" approach was waiting for someone to slip up and give them something they could arrest them on and then try and flip that person, dark army has just been killing everyone off so far.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is my assumption as well.

The "python" approach was waiting for someone to slip up and give them something they could arrest them on and then try and flip that person, dark army has just been killing everyone off so far.

I think Dom is trying to bait Darlene into caving by playing up how much the FBI actually has and acting like they are closing in on everyone.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

I think it was more about how Fsociety thought they were so secretive, so careful in covering their tracks, to the point where they were freaking out about leaving a video tape in the hi-tech house.

And it turns out that the FBI had not only identified their group, but anyone even closely related to their group. And apparently picked out the chain of heiarchy, since Elliot and Tyrell were in the middle.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I still don't understand how Elliot was released from jail.

>In jail for hacking.
>FBI has him as a suspect in another hacking crime.
>Released early from jail, not even questioned

Am I forgetting something? Was he released on purpose to caught for the e-corp hacking? Or was Dark Army behind it?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm a fan of this show, but for me the season finally was kind of underwhelming. I can't exactly put my finger on as to why, but it just didn't engage me on the same level as many of the other episodes. Still decent though.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

>In jail for hacking.

Am I forgetting something? Was he released on purpose to caught for the e-corp hacking? Or was Dark Army behind it?

Whiterose/Dark Army arranged an early release for him. Mr. Robot set it up to get them out.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I think it was more about how Fsociety thought they were so secretive, so careful in covering their tracks, to the point where they were freaking out about leaving a video tape in the hi-tech house.

And it turns out that the FBI had not only identified their group, but anyone even closely related to their group. And apparently picked out the chain of heiarchy, since Elliot and Tyrell were in the middle.

They were able to place her in the map based on militants they picked up from DC who snitched. The tape would have been evidence directly link Darlene to f-society leadership. Right now it's just their word against hers unless they find something else. They didn't know who Cisco was until the day before. They didn't think Mobley was anyone high up when they picked him up a few days ago. Him disappearing likely gave that away. And Tyrell has been the main target since their investigation started.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank

>In jail for hacking.

No one was behind anything (if someone was, then it's implied). In the same episode that Elliot is released from the prison, the guy processing him was saying that overcrowding as a result of 5/9 is what bumped him up. The FBI wouldn't have had the schedule so Dom lost an opportunity to interview him (if the Dark Army was responsible, then all the more reason to hide the information from Dom and the team). Even then, The FBI doesn't have anything substantial that links Elliot to 5/9.

I will admit, that irked me because I was hoping that bringing down Ray and his MidCity site would give him some goodwill and lead to an early release.

void

Jan 5, 2006
My prediction is that fsociety and the Dark Army will end up turning their backs on Tyrell and pin EVERYTHING on him. Tyrell will then become the main villain next season.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
No one was behind anything (if someone was, then it's implied). In the same episode that Elliot is released from the prison, the guy processing him was saying that overcrowding as a result of 5/9 is what bumped him up. The FBI wouldn't have had the schedule so Dom lost an opportunity to interview him (if the Dark Army was responsible, then all the more reason to hide the information from Dom and the team). Even then, The FBI doesn't have anything substantial that links Elliot to 5/9.

I will admit, that irked me because I was hoping that bringing down Ray and his MidCity site would give him some goodwill and lead to an early release.

Elliot -> AllSafe. The FBI knew there was a connections between 5/9 and Gideon/AllSafe. They Elliot is a convicted hacker that worked for AllSafe. That should have raised an alarm or two.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
My prediction is that fsociety and the Dark Army will end up turning their backs on Tyrell and pin EVERYTHING on him. Tyrell will then become the main villain next season.

I think it will turn into Darlene vs. Angela in a dark army vs. FBI proxy war, culminating in an epic battle between Eliot (who chooses Darlene) and Mr. Robot (who chooses Angela) as to which of the two girls prevails

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Elliot -> AllSafe. The FBI knew there was a connections between 5/9 and Gideon/AllSafe. They Elliot is a convicted hacker that worked for AllSafe. That should have raised an alarm or two.

Again, there's nothing substantial. You're making a link between Elliot, his crime, and Allsafe, but to the uninitiated, all they're looking at is a hacker who hacked people's private information to be used as blackmail, and a crime involved where a conglomerate lost access to its data. It's a huge logical leap for Dom without evidence to showcase.

There's nothing that connects him to the Raspberry Pi in Steel Mountain (there's Bill's testimony to the FBI judging by Elliot's nickname Sam Sepiol, but I'm talking physical evidence), nothing that connects him to the malware used to encrypt ECorp's data. Not to mention, Fsociety made that a lot more difficult now that all their computers are burnt to a crisp. This is why I think Dom is showing Darlene that they know, but she's exploiting Darlene's fears and hoping that she'll crack and corroborate what's on the board.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Again, there's nothing substantial. You're making a link between Elliot, his crime, and Allsafe, but to the uninitiated, all they're looking at is a hacker who hacked people's private information to be used as blackmail, and a crime involved where a conglomerate lost access to its data. It's a huge logical leap for Dom without evidence to showcase.

There's nothing that connects him to the Raspberry Pi in Steel Mountain (there's Bill's testimony to the FBI judging by Elliot's nickname Sam Sepiol, but I'm talking physical evidence), nothing that connects him to the malware used to encrypt ECorp's data. Not to mention, Fsociety made that a lot more difficult now that all their computers are burnt to a crisp. This is why I think Dom is showing Darlene that they know, but she's exploiting Darlene's fears and hoping that she'll crack and corroborate what's on the board.

Makes sense.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
okay i finally started watching this

i just finished episode 2 and is christian slaters character even real lol

and now im part way through episode 3 and im actually wondering if anything is real

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
okay i finally started watching this

i just finished episode 2 and is christian slaters character even real lol

and now im part way through episode 3 and im actually wondering if anything is real

Do you actually want to know these answers?:laugh:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
okay i hope you guys enjoy watching me try to figure out whats going on

finished ep 6 and idk about slater. is he real i really dont know because the other nerds talk to him. Id say that they are all fake too but elliots neighbor saw one of them as well so is she fake

or maybe everything is real idk

felt really bad for that bill guy

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
okay i hope you guys enjoy watching me try to figure out whats going on

finished ep 6 and idk about slater. is he real i really dont know because the other nerds talk to him. Id say that they are all fake too but elliots neighbor saw one of them as well so is she fake

or maybe everything is real idk

felt really bad for that bill guy

This is adorable. Buckle in.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad