WC: Moscow, St. Petersburg May 5th to May 22nd (Visa info now added to OP)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Anybody know the addresses of ticket outlets in St Petersburg

From http://www.iihfworlds2016.com:

Fans can buy tickets in several ways:

• On the website of the championship official booking agent: www.parter.ru
  • On the official World Championship website: www.iihfworlds2016.com
  • In the Moscow ticket office: Okhotny Ryad St., 2, Trade Gallery "Fashionable Season", ground floor, an entrance from Revolyutsi Square.
  • At the St. Petersburg ticket office: Nevski Avenue 114-116, Nevski Centre Mall
  • In partner ticket offices which addresses are available here.
  • By phone: +7(495)258-0000 (Moscow), +7 (812) 929-2883 (St. Petersburg)
  • By e-mail: [email protected]
  • On the website kassir.ru and at KHL clubs.

Upd. That partner ticket outlet link is pretty tricky, but for St.Petersburg it shows the following addresses:

• Shopping Mall "Iyun" at Industrialniy prospect 24 A (TUI touring agency)
  • Business centre "Basel", Novgorodskaya street 23 A, office room 233 (Talarii travel agency)

Last edited:

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
This has probably been asked before, but why won't the St. Petersburg group be played in Ice Palace? I see absolutely no logical reason why would you reconstruct the Yubileiny arena for the WC when you already have Ice Palace, which is bigger and nicer.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
From http://www.iihfworlds2016.com:

Upd. That partner ticket outlet link is pretty tricky, but for St.Petersburg it shows the following addresses:

• Shopping Mall "Iyun" at Industrialniy prospect 24 A (TUI touring agency)
  • Business centre "Basel", Novgorodskaya street 23 A, office room 233 (Talarii travel agency)

Thank you I've been searching that darn site for ever. I think the issue was when you search from outside the country it takes you to some terrible international site.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thoughts in terms of atmosphere the first day and a half?

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
It looks beautiful. Crowds have been much quieter compared to the Czechs last year.

I've only been to two games but the Belarusians are super loud

It's hard to really notice because there's already so many foreign tourists already and St Petersburg is such a huge city.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I've only been to two games but the Belarusians are super loud

It's hard to really notice because there's already so many foreign tourists already and St Petersburg is such a huge city.

Yeah they seem pretty lively. I guess I shouldn't compare it all to last year in the Czech Republic. That was a special tournament, those crowds were incredible.

WHC in Prague every 3-5 years? :nod:. Gets my vote.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Yeah they seem pretty lively. I guess I shouldn't compare it all to last year in the Czech Republic. That was a special tournament, those crowds were incredible.

WHC in Prague every 3-5 years? :nod:. Gets my vote.

I think much easier to travel to Czech For most countries than Russia and Russian fans generally don't care about other national teams. Obviously

kulenova seka

When groups for next year in Paris and Cologne will be known ?

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
When groups for next year in Paris and Cologne will be known ?

I will predict

Group A--Paris
Canada
USA
CZE
DEN
Norway
Latvia
France
Slovenia

Group B--Cologne
Fin
Rus
Swe
Germany
SUI
Slovakia
Belarus
Italy

based upon how they sorted things out this year

Group A (Moscow)
Russia (2)
Sweden (3)
Czech Republic (6)
Switzerland (7)
Latvia (10)
Norway (11)
Denmark (15)
Kazakhstan (17)
Group B (St. Petersburg)
Canada (1)
Finland (4)
United States (5)
Slovakia (8)
Belarus (9)
France (12)
Germany (13)
Hungary (19)

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
dr6cW4NzNfc.jpg

Like Laika, sad that it's over. Best 2 weeks of the Hockey calendar. Thrilled we won Gold and Russian fans got to see their flag raised for Bronze.

A tournament to remember. Only the Worlds can create such beautiful moments. No, it doesn't matter the best don't come, the magic of this tourney is the passion of who comes and fans that no matter what they say, we (real Hockey fans ) all watch from the vast lands of Canada to furthest reaches of Russia and everywhere in between.

Beautiful tournament. Can't wait until next year, the NEXT International tournament of significance for men will be played in Paris and Cologne, think we might see more Olympians next year as Ferraro said.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Great tournament. Awesome class by Putin at the end of the tournament with his comments towards Canada. First class all around, thank you Russia!

This was a tournament I'll always remember. Always special to win Gold, especially on Russian soil.

WMT

Jul 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Let's have all tournaments in Russia :) Canada always wins there.

2007 Moscow - Gold
2014 Sochi - Gold
2016 Moscow - Gold

Great WC, was fun to watch.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It looks beautiful. Crowds have been much quieter compared to the Czechs last year.

In house entertainment was better in Prague--I was ready to kill the DJ by game 3--In house entertainment did not change from game to game like in Prague

My one complaint it that they only showed highlights from Moscow when the Russians scored

this was my third world championships and compared to the last two this one was not as fun

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Beautiful tournament. Can't wait until next year, the NEXT International tournament of significance for men will be played in Paris and Cologne, think we might see more Olympians next year as Ferraro said.

I think next year's tournament will be great. More talent is likely to be present and there's a good chance for the attendance record to be broken yet again.

Last edited:

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
In house entertainment was better in Prague--I was ready to kill the DJ by game 3--In house entertainment did not change from game to game like in Prague

My one complaint it that they only showed highlights from Moscow when the Russians scored

this was my third world championships and compared to the last two this one was not as fun

Haha the Piter DJ played the same eight songs every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad