WC: Moscow, St. Petersburg May 5th to May 22nd (Visa info now added to OP)

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Should be a good tournament. Wonder if Russia, as host, will perform to their full 100%

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
I advise everyone to go to Russia for the tournament)
Petersburg and Moscow is a very beautiful city
Moscow
moscow.jpg

Moskow.jpg

%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B0-%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0.jpg

a5cfda4s-960.jpg

%D0%9D%D0%B5%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B1%D1%8B_%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D1%8B.jpg

St.Petersburg

ex08.jpg

1920x1080_hram-spas-na-krovi-sankt-peterburg.jpg

Depositphotos_11398297_XLPanoramasmostom.jpg

1369080491_1183508202.jpg

Saint-Petersburg-Russia.jpg

program_image_47_0_11.jpg

zwalls.ru-4989.jpg

big_landscape_Piter.png

%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%B6%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B9-%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA-%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%84%D0%B0.-%D0%91%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%88%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%B4-%D0%B8-%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BB.jpg

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
"Thanks" to the weakened ruble, it should be a good trip for the North Americans and Europeans as the cost for many things will be lower than before

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
"Thanks" to the weakened ruble, it should be a good trip for the North Americans and Europeans as the cost for many things will be lower than before

I booked my own room near the St Pete train station for $15 a night.

Too bad it's too early in the year to do Kizhi and Solovetsky.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Saint Petersburg is my favourite city in the World..it's awe inspiringly beautiful. What a city to have the Worlds in! Though I'd probably spend just as much time in the Hermitage as watching the games I think haha, apparently takes a decade if you spend 1 minute on each painting/artifact in the museum to see the whole thing lol.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I was definitely planning to be there but as Putin says "You filthy Turks now need visa to enter Russia since 2016", I will just visit Ukraine and spread my cash around there. Take this!

Joke aside, is there any kind of visa-flexibility for this event, just as they promised there would be one for World Cup of football? If I am not mistaken, as long as you hold an official ticket for a game, then you won't need a visa to visit Russia.

Well I got friends who had trouble visiting their wives in Russia recently so even this wouldn't help me I guess.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I was definitely planning to be there but as Putin says "You filthy Turks now need visa to enter Russia since 2016", I will just visit Ukraine and spread my cash around there. Take this!

Joke aside, is there any kind of visa-flexibility for this event, just as they promised there would be one for World Cup of football? If I am not mistaken, as long as you hold an official ticket for a game, then you won't need a visa to visit Russia.

Well I got friends who had trouble visiting their wives in Russia recently so even this wouldn't help me I guess.

If you have a Turkish passport that must suck now to get a visa.

There's no visa waiver for the worlds. My passport is at the consulate right now but luckily Russia debuted a new multi entry visa for Americans.

I'm also not sure that they'll be visa free for the World Cup. I think they'll waive the consular fees for visas to meet FIFA requirements.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Checked it out over the weekend. Flight over, game tickets and hotels all reasonable.

Yep I got icelandair to Helsinki for $800. Hotel for $15 a night !! And tickets to all USA games for less than $300.

USA and Canada have the best draw being in st Petersburg.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
If you have a Turkish passport that must suck now to get a visa.

Worse than that, it has entry stamps from west Ukraine. :laugh: I think having tickets while applying for a visa would make my chance higher but anyway, guess it's the best to watch this one on TV.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Worse than that, it has entry stamps from west Ukraine. :laugh: I think having tickets while applying for a visa would make my chance higher but anyway, guess it's the best to watch this one on TV.

Yeah my passport is slandered with Ukrainian stamps but we'll see if that makes a difference at this point.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Yep I got icelandair to Helsinki for $800. Hotel for $15 a night !! And tickets to all USA games for less than $300.

USA and Canada have the best draw being in st Petersburg.

All games at that price is awesome. I have tons of points at Holiday Inn Express. There is supposedly HIE within walking distance.

Wondering how much train tickets might be if I were to decide to watch some Moscow games ?

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
All games at that price is awesome. I have tons of points at Holiday Inn Express. There is supposedly HIE within walking distance.

Wondering how much train tickets might be if I were to decide to watch some Moscow games ?

They vary depending on what class of service and train. Platzkart is going to be pretty affordable but if you want to blow money there's luxury and fast trains.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara

You may always check for agencies but they generally work with USD-based prices for foreigners, therefore charging you more. It's kind of, "Hey Amerikanski! You cannot gavarit pa Ruski so let's give more USD, because you don't even know how much we pay in Mother Russia!"

I would recommend you to visit rzd.ru, the official website for Russian Railways. There is also an English version at eng.rzd.ru but I can't find tickets there, though I am sure they exist.

The first bar is "from" and the second one is "to". I randomly selected some dates and saw that SAPSAN trains (fast, takes close to 4hr) cost exactly 73 USD at the moment. If you wish to take the slow one, which will take you to Moscow in around 10hrs, then you can find even for 20 USD. Of course, there are different classes - I didn't take them into account and wrote the first thing I've seen. Anyways, just a seat would be enough for a 9-10hr journey, you don't need like a bed or room (can't remember what they are called in English).

I think you can always find tickets from St. Petersburg to Moscow and the other way around, so I guess you won't have to book it online. However, you can always use that official site to have an idea about prices and trip duration.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
You may always check for agencies but they generally work with USD-based prices for foreigners, therefore charging you more. It's kind of, "Hey Amerikanski! You cannot gavarit pa Ruski so let's give more USD, because you don't even know how much we pay in Mother Russia!"

I would recommend you to visit rzd.ru, the official website for Russian Railways. There is also an English version at eng.rzd.ru but I can't find tickets there, though I am sure they exist.

The first bar is "from" and the second one is "to". I randomly selected some dates and saw that SAPSAN trains (fast, takes close to 4hr) cost exactly 73 USD at the moment. If you wish to take the slow one, which will take you to Moscow in around 10hrs, then you can find even for 20 USD. Of course, there are different classes - I didn't take them into account and wrote the first thing I've seen. Anyways, just a seat would be enough for a 9-10hr journey, you don't need like a bed or room (can't remember what they are called in English).

I think you can always find tickets from St. Petersburg to Moscow and the other way around, so I guess you won't have to book it online. However, you can always use that official site to have an idea about prices and trip duration.

Unfortunately you can't buy yet online off the railways site in English. most of the ticket brokers you see online will charge 3-4x the price. Platzkart Piter to Novgorod should cost like $4-5 but you'll see them online for $20

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad