WC: Moscow, St. Petersburg May 5th to May 22nd (Visa info now added to OP)

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
And all of them always wear fur coats. All. Of. Them. Always.

maxresdefault.jpg

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Good job. I'm actually getting the itch and considering making the trip as well. I used to live and work in Petersburg for several years. We'll see how it goes.

If you find a way to get USA Canada tickets just take all my money.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
If you find a way to get USA Canada tickets just take all my money.

I'll let you know if I decide to go and what tics I get. Obviously I would want all Canada games. I have to decide by the middle of this month. I have a place to stay for free in Moscow. In Petersburg I'm on my own, but I know a girl who manages a hotel there, so she told me a few days ago that she can hold on to a few rooms for me until I'm able to figure what I'm doing.

A McDavid/Eichel matchup in Petersburg is really the only thing fueling my interest in going.

Last edited:

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I'll let you know if I decide to go and what tics I get. Obviously I would want all Canada games. I have to decide by the middle of this month. I have a place to stay for free in Moscow. In Petersburg I'm on my own, but I know a girl who manages a hotel there, so she told me a few days ago that she can hold on to a few rooms for me until I'm able to figure what I'm doing.

A McDavid/Eichel matchup in Petersburg is really the only thing fueling my interest in going.

Eh I just love the worlds. More for the crowds than anything.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Eh I just love the worlds. More for the crowds than anything.

Ya, well, other than getting in and drinking with the Latvians, there's not much at the WHC I look forward to other than the hockey and a good Canadian gold medal winning team. I've been to 3...and to be honest, for just pure fan experience, the Spengler Cup is better than anything the IIHF and the WHC can deliver.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Got my visa on Friday

A buddy of mine needed to get different travel insurance as the one he had was not valid for Russia and they would not grant him a visa unless he had valid travel insurance

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Got my visa on Friday

A buddy of mine needed to get different travel insurance as the one he had was not valid for Russia and they would not grant him a visa unless he had valid travel insurance

Odd, though if he's a Canadian living in Europe, then he can apply with his Canadian passport at the vice centre, and actually forgo the insurance part. It seems odd, but that's been the case for me when I've applied in Sweden.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Odd, though if he's a Canadian living in Europe, then he can apply with his Canadian passport at the vice centre, and actually forgo the insurance part. It seems odd, but that's been the case for me when I've applied in Sweden.

Not all insurance is valid in Russia--even though like Canada--the UK has free medical here--when it comes to getting hurt in other countries--Canada and the UK will only pay a certain amount

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
BTW

for those who are getting visas you need to be issued a visa voucher number by the hotel or establishment you will be staying with--hotels only issue the voucher number once you pay in full--without that number you will not be issued a visa

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I was definitely planning to be there but as Putin says "You filthy Turks now need visa to enter Russia since 2016", I will just visit Ukraine and spread my cash around there. Take this!

Joke aside, is there any kind of visa-flexibility for this event, just as they promised there would be one for World Cup of football? If I am not mistaken, as long as you hold an official ticket for a game, then you won't need a visa to visit Russia.

Well I got friends who had trouble visiting their wives in Russia recently so even this wouldn't help me I guess.

I think Putin was careful to differentiate between the Turkish government and the Turkish people :).

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I think Putin was careful to differentiate between the Turkish government and the Turkish people :).

No. If he was, many Turks working & studying would not be deported. Or, I would not need visa for this tournament. I am pretty sure I have nothing with government - actually, I hate them, yet again, I am "enemy" for Russia.

Anyways, if I didn't need visa, I'd definitely be in St. Petersburg for this but at the moment it's extremely costly. You can't even personally apply for the visa. Weird stuff.

Last edited:

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Seeing as I've quite recently moved to England, I'm very tempted to make the trip. I miss watching some live hockey. Im going to have to start looking into it. Do you guys think lots of Canadians will be making the trip?

One question, not sure if you guys could answer it, but I have a Canadian passport but working in England on a Visa. How would I go about getting the Russian Visa.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Seeing as I've quite recently moved to England, I'm very tempted to make the trip. I miss watching some live hockey. Im going to have to start looking into it. Do you guys think lots of Canadians will be making the trip?

One question, not sure if you guys could answer it, but I have a Canadian passport but working in England on a Visa. How would I go about getting the Russian Visa.

You will need to contact the russian embassy in the UK to get a visa.And you will need to do it now. Only one month and a half left.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

Since you have British residency the embassy in London should handle your claims no problem but at this point you want might to start looking around for a travel agency to help you.

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
You will need to contact the russian embassy in the UK to get a visa.And you will need to do it now. Only one month and a half left.

Since you have British residency the embassy in London should handle your claims no problem but at this point you want might to start looking around for a travel agency to help you.

Thanks for the answers guys, not sure if it makes a difference but I'm on a Tier 5 YMS visa for the UK. I'm here for the next 2 years.

I'll make sure to look into this as soon as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad