Monthly News Thread (July 2017) -- Brock Lesnar not planning on re-signing with WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I could see them wanting to send Ziggler down to give NXT a big star to work with, but I can also see Ziggler flat out refusing and asking for his release.

I'd personally send Rhyno to NXT. He and Slater aren't doing anything anymore, let Rhyno go down there and become his old ECW self.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Agreed, Virt. I think Cor's list is more likely than a few of the names on Sheppy's axe grind of a list. I'd also add Dana Brooke to the list as I think she got called up to the main roster too soon. Another name I could see going down could be Enzo - more to train and put emphasis on him becoming a singles wrestling. I could see him doing more of an Eva Marie/Tyson Kidd/Natalya type program where he's still appears on the main roster shows but in a reduced capacity.

I don't think Dolph would get sent down, though. He's got just too much time in the business and I could see him asking for a release and going the Colt Cabana route - wrestling independent shows, doing stand-up, and maybe trying to get into acting or podcasting or something.

For Dolph Ziggler, it's simply getting him away from WWE audience for a bit. Figure out his stuff in NXT, let him be the big fish in a small pond for a few months, before bringing him back. He's already been off WWE TV for the past 3 weeks. Since MITB, he's only appeared on two SmackDown's. His last in-ring competition was at the MSG house show on July 7th. Having him show up on NXT will give the hardcore fanbase that follows NXT a chance to love him again, and the casual audience who only watches Raw and/or SmackDown, a break.

The idea is, and WhatCulture did a video about this in the past, is that WWE has done everything with Ziggler but never quiet followed through, so the audience will never believe them if they try and make Ziggler a threat again. So by doing it in NXT, it will make the casual audience more invested in him when he eventually returns, and the hardcore audience love Ziggler and will appreciate what is happening.

When I saw that, the first name I though of was Ziggler. Apollo Crews because he so obviously needs another year, if not two. Emma because she's just buried in a deep division, and if/when Asuka comes up, she will be even more buried. Dana Brooke is another good one.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
For Dolph Ziggler, it's simply getting him away from WWE audience for a bit. Figure out his stuff in NXT, let him be the big fish in a small pond for a few months, before bringing him back. He's already been off WWE TV for the past 3 weeks. Since MITB, he's only appeared on two SmackDown's. His last in-ring competition was at the MSG house show on July 7th. Having him show up on NXT will give the hardcore fanbase that follows NXT a chance to love him again, and the casual audience who only watches Raw and/or SmackDown, a break.

The idea is, and WhatCulture did a video about this in the past, is that WWE has done everything with Ziggler but never quiet followed through, so the audience will never believe them if they try and make Ziggler a threat again. So by doing it in NXT, it will make the casual audience more invested in him when he eventually returns, and the hardcore audience love Ziggler and will appreciate what is happening.

No chance Dolph goes down. Even if WWE wanted to, Dolph would probably just quit because that's kind of an insult at this point in his career.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No chance Dolph goes down. Even if WWE wanted to, Dolph would probably just quit because that's kind of an insult at this point in his career.

Not really. It's purely to revive his career. Explain it to the guy and he'd understand. He has a WWE contract, so it's not like he'd be losing money.

What is more insulting, going to NXT, being in a Main Event feud, working with a top young talent, and tweaking your character for a big comeback or being on TV two or three times in the past two months?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Not really. It's purely to revive his career. Explain it to the guy and he'd understand. He has a WWE contract, so it's not like he'd be losing money.

What is more insulting, going to NXT, being in a Main Event feud, working with a top young talent, and tweaking your character for a big comeback or being on TV two or three times in the past two months?

I can somewhat get onboard with that, but, again, I'm not sure Dolph necessarily would unless they also did the caveat of having him up every so often. So let's assume they do some sort of 1:1 swaps (or as close to that) as possible - who from NXT comes up? From the women, I'd assume Asuka and The Iconic Duo (they pretty much have run their course on NXT and I've seen interviews with some of the women on the main roster who seem to think they're ready - I know Sasha offhand thinks they should be called up soon) and from the men I'd think Roode, Drew, and maybe one or both of Itami and Ohno could handle the main roster.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There's also benefits for Dolph.

He'd have more time to do stuff on the side working in NXT, or just more off time. He'd be doing less House shows if any at all, and NXT only tapes every couple of weeks.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver

Given his past treatment, I'm not sure he would understand.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
D5Bfp3n.png

want

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They better not send Gable down.

Dillinger I could see. Definitely Bennett, maybe The Ascension? Emma, Summer, etc., maybe a vet or two.

If they offer at least a good chunk of money with less travel, I don't see why some wouldn't accept it. Even someone like Ziggler would have more time to do his side stuff if he didn't quit on the spot. I mean has he even been on TV since MITB?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Tye is 36 now, and he has the perfect 10 gimmick. I don't know what sending him down to NXT would do.

Also, he's dating 24 year old Peyton Royce?! Go Tye.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Mike Bennett (I'm not calling him Mike Kanellis lol) jabbed at TNA when someone said he was a joke in TNA and now WWE when he said he at least gets paid now. Also, some mark responded to him saying if he actually loved wrestling he wouldn't care about money and do it for free. :laugh: This just made me laugh, I had to share it.

- Meltzer commented how the change to Styles/Owens was made extremely late -- and by extremely late, that's extremely late IN the match. It happened right before the ref bump and the guys had to improvise a finish. [I personally wouldn't be surprised if the decision to make the late change was connected to Vince getting confirmation that Jericho would be available.]

- AJ Styles said on the E&C podcast that Vince thought his Royal Rumble reaction (his debut) was a fluke. AJ was also surprised at the reaction he got.

- As previously mentioned, there's talk of a Superstar Shakeup again after Summerslam with some main roster talents going to NXT. It's worded in the observer that it could also mean some shifts from Raw-Smackdown talents swapping shows again.

If I were to guess talents being moved from the main roster to NXT, I'd guess: Apollo Crews (Tozawa's really replaced him in this Titus Brand, eh?), Dana Brooke, Enzo Amore, Mike Bennett, Tye Dillinger.

maybe even one of Emma/Summer.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Cocky heel Ziggler going to NXT to be condescending and put the kids in their place like Tyson Kidd did would be amazing. Unfortunately I think Dolph would rather just quit wrestling and do his comedy or whatever at this point in his life.

He's clearly disgruntled and they're not going to do anything with him at the main roster. Move on and do a few indy shots when the itch comes.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
- AJ Styles said on the E&C podcast that Vince thought his Royal Rumble reaction (his debut) was a fluke. AJ was also surprised at the reaction he got.

That's sort of depressing to hear. AJ Styles is so freaking good. They signed him to a pretty big deal, right? You had to know he was a big star and would deliver. Every time I read stuff like that it just makes me not want to watch WWE more.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's sort of depressing to hear. AJ Styles is so freaking good. They signed him to a pretty big deal, right? You had to know he was a big star and would deliver. Every time I read stuff like that it just makes me not want to watch WWE more.

Pretty sure it was 3 years. Mark Madden said last year after his debut that he was getting a $500k downside guarantee, which was $100k more than he had made in 2015.

With merchandise, live events, etc., he's easily clearing a million a year at this point.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Braun Strowman and Karen Jarrett got in an altercation, which resulted in Braun on his knees begging Karen not to tell Kurt Angle how Braun treated her.

Apparently Karen approached Braun who had no idea who she was, Karen wanting an autograph for her son, and apparently Braun was rude and maybe even cursed at her. Karen went on a big tangent saying she was going to tell Kurt and stuff. Braun I guess changed his tone, apologizing, Karen said she was still going to talk to Kurt, and Braun said he'd get on his knees and beg her, which he did.

Jesus :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There is no way...

my instinct says this is fake, but... what? Is that actually in the WON

Jesus Christ it's real lol

just as I was about to come in here and wonder if they expand NXT to two hours a week after Summerslam...

Oct 18, 2011
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Braun Strowman and Karen Jarrett got in an altercation, which resulted in Braun on his knees begging Karen not to tell Kurt Angle how Braun treated her.

Apparently Karen approached Braun who had no idea who she was, Karen wanting an autograph for her son, and apparently Braun was rude and maybe even cursed at her. Karen went on a big tangent saying she was going to tell Kurt and stuff. Braun I guess changed his tone, apologizing, Karen said she was still going to talk to Kurt, and Braun said he'd get on his knees and beg her, which he did.

Jesus :laugh:

Imagine a 6'8 350 pound man doing this.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
The Ascension comes to mind but then again they are a team that takes a ton of losses. WWE prefers that over using too many jobbers. Like many have said, I just can't picture Dolph wanting to head down to NXT. Not unless it was only a one off on a Takeover or something.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I could see them wanting to send Ziggler down to give NXT a big star to work with, but I can also see Ziggler flat out refusing and asking for his release.

I'd personally send Rhyno to NXT. He and Slater aren't doing anything anymore, let Rhyno go down there and become his old ECW self.

If it would do any help in bringing back ECW, I'm cool with it. Even if it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad