Monthly News Thread (July 2017) -- Brock Lesnar not planning on re-signing with WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not a bad idea. They're trying to get mainstream attention by piggybacking off Mayweather/McGregor with HHH offering them live mics (lol, good luck with your sponsors after the first "you'll do fookin' nuttin").

Jones sitting front row at Summerslam and costing Lesnar the title wouldn't be bad for WWE to get some mainstream attention while actually getting something worthwhile in return for allowing Brock to fight in the UFC while under contract with WWE (if he re-signs. Let's be real, the return last time was weak just to pimp their game in an ad.)

Jones appears at ringside in the front row, he can get involved just enough to cause a distraction, title is off Brock, WWE has a worthwhile return in allowing Brock to fight with mainstream attention, and they can go do their fight.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think that would be good for WWE. Why give air and a write a huge angle for something you can't pay off?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I also don't think it would be good for the UFC either. It would come across as completely fake...

You'll get so much backlash from fans of the UFC that hate WWE.

1. It's fake
2. It's a rigged fight
3. Really? These two don't hate each other... they're just hyping a fight, everything they said is BS.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think that would be good for WWE. Why give air and a write a huge angle for something you can't pay off?

They may as well get some mainstream attention out of it since they crave it so much as they head into the "dead" period of the Fall. They'll surely get those post-SS Raw viewers too which they can hook for the Fall with a big angle.

WWE so desperately wants to latch on to something and get some mainstream attention -- they did it with Rousey (who only now may have a match since she got destroyed in her last two MMA fights), they've tried doing it with McGregor who's routinely called them fake **** and called the entire roster *******. They just want the mainstream attention.

Jones sitting the front row and watching the main event wouldn't be so bad. Same way Undertaker was sent to a UFC show several years ago to try and goad Brock into an angle for Wrestlemania.

Let's face it -- there's a good chance Lesnar re-signs with WWE and gets paid the same 2-5M to do the minimum. WWE will probably be the ones allowing Lesnar to go do the fight. Last time they did so all they got out of it was promotion for their video game. I think they can get a little more this time in the way of mainstream attention with JJ attending and being shown on camera once.

I also don't think it would be good for the UFC either. It would come across as completely fake...

You'll get so much backlash from fans of the UFC that hate WWE.

1. It's fake
2. It's a rigged fight
3. Really? These two don't hate each other... they're just hyping a fight, everything they said is BS.

They're not even having any contact. Jon Jones would be front row in the crowd watching. He doesn't even need to leave his seat. It can be all Lesnar getting thrown off by his presence just enough to lose the title.

I did think of the downside, mainly from the UFC standpoint since WWE is scripted and all, but they're the ones who get the real fight. They're the ones who actually get Lesnar to do the fight (he could just not re-sign with WWE and do the fight anyways, but if Lesnar re-signs then WWE controls that).

Ultimately it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing it and it'd be the most mainstream attention WWE would have in a long time which is what they're always after.

Oct 18, 2011
It would create buzz for sure. WWE would put him on camera in an instant, they crave mainstream attention. You know Brock would see money and acknowledge him.

I don't think Jon Jones cares what Dana White thinks. I don't know i just think it'd be cool and start the hype for a superfight

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just show him on camera before the match. It's not The Rock being in the crowd overshadowed Cormier/Jones this past weekend.

on another note, the WWE app seemed to jump the gun on the ending of Cena/Nakamura, or the ending was changed (I'm thinking the latter). The app said Corbin interfered to cause Nakamura to lose but it backfired, but as we saw, Nakamura went over Cena clean as a sheet. I assume it was changed -- reportedly Cena fought to have Owens go over him clean in his debut and fought to make Wyatt look really good for his title reign earlier in the year and had Wyatt pin him clean twice (and yet they did ****ing nothing with Wyatt :rant:)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The one thing I'll give Cena credit for is that he understands, at least these days, when the right thing to do is put talent over. He didn't used to understand (Wade Barrett) but he does now.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I've come to hate Cena less and less over the years. Sure... He annoys me a bit with his promo, but he understands.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I generally hold no ill will towards him anymore...or right now.

I'm thinking it's because the 'next' Cena is Roman and it's really put in perspective what we've had with Cena.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I'm thinking it's because the 'next' Cena is Roman and it's really put in perspective what we've had with Cena.

I think the tide turned a lot on a show that Cena wasn't even a part of: the TLC event that was main evented by Reigns/Sheamus. Cena wasn't on the show and the fans chanted "we want Cena" in the middle of the match. I think that was when the tide turned on general fan reception to Cena, although it's always mostly been all fun and games with regards to Cena's character and I think most people always appreciated him and his effort, even if he was shortsighted at certain times like the Nexus angle and the Summerslam match where he didn't listen to Edge and Jericho and only told them they were right after it was done.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
As soon as Roman was chosen to be the "next one", I began to appreciate Cena so much more. The guy gets it, and actually pulled off being the face of the company for a decade-plus.

I've always respected his work ethic, but his character has grown on me over the years.

Oct 18, 2011

Cena has also improved alot and has been money on promos really since the rock came back... Less kiddy stuff.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
People started hating cena less because he started losing. Cleanly to be more specific.

First it was AJ, then dean, then wyatt and now nakamura. Yet he's still billed a heavyweight prize to pin. Who would have thought that if you don't book someone to be superman, he'd be alot more likable? The audcity of WWE. :sarcasm:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sports illustrated claims Paul Heyman is pushing for Samoa Joe to win the title at Summerslam so Brock Lesnar and go away and train for a UFC return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad