Monthly News Thread (July 2017) -- Brock Lesnar not planning on re-signing with WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Seems like the quacks at WWE were upset that ambrose and rollins hugged before teasing the whole fist bump scenario including vince and Triple H

and you know what...i actually agree with them for once. If they're building to some big reconcile then they shouldn't have done any of that at all. Maybe a small acknowledgement of some sort and thats it. shouldn't have even teased the bump yet.

I kinda think it was done perfectly the more I think about it...I was questioning the whole bit for a few days then came to conclusion that if they did it any other way it would've been more unnatural given the pre fight bit

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Seems like the quacks at WWE were upset that ambrose and rollins hugged before teasing the whole fist bump scenario including vince and Triple H

and you know what...i actually agree with them for once. If they're building to some big reconcile then they shouldn't have done any of that at all. Maybe a small acknowledgement of some sort and thats it. shouldn't have even teased the bump yet.

Source? I haven't seen anything about that.

I don't mind it. Ambrose was amped up about the win and then realized who he was in the ring with and thought twice. I thought it was great. Keep building up these moments where Ambrose is slowly getting back to trusting Seth only for him to beat the holy hell out of Seth after he does put his fist in the center in a few months and begin the heel Ambrose vs. face Seth. Seth thinks he's on the path to redemption but Dean stabs him in the back the same way he did in 2014.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I kinda think it was done perfectly the more I think about it...I was questioning the whole bit for a few days then came to conclusion that if they did it any other way it would've been more unnatural given the pre fight bit

They should have done it closer to summerslam. it's still what, a month away? they're just gonna hug it out and then tease the fist bump for a month?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Source? I haven't seen anything about that.

I don't mind it. Ambrose was amped up about the win and then realized who he was in the ring with and thought twice. I thought it was great. Keep building up these moments where Ambrose is slowly getting back to trusting Seth only for him to beat the holy hell out of Seth after he does put his fist in the center in a few months and begin the heel Ambrose vs. face Seth. Seth thinks he's on the path to redemption but Dean stabs him in the back the same way he did in 2014.

wrestlenewsource

Although they tend to copy other sources all the time but i don't know who they could have gotten this from, i haven't looked around.

and dean's "realization" came far too late if that was the case. they were going at it for like a solid 30 seconds before he left the ring and showed trust issues.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
They should have done it closer to summerslam. it's still what, a month away? they're just gonna hug it out and then tease the fist bump for a month?

3 weeks.

Would Roman's involvement or availability matter?

I don't know what they're doing. It would be stupid to get just 2 of the 3 when merch sales would florish more with that than anything else the 3 could be doing?

I don't think I want to see Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns for any lengthy feud...

They need someone to bury Braun Strowman who makes a convincing enough force, but I don't see him selling out the toy section as much as I personally like him for a title reign.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I didn't like the way it took place. As they were celebrating I was asking myself why Ambrose is so amped and hugging Rollins. I think the better play would have been to just climb the turnbuckle and celebrate with the crowd before getting to the centre of the ring, realizing Rollins is there wanting to celebrate with him, and then just leave him there. Which is sort of what he did, but the hugging is what I didn't like. Hell, even Rollins seemed confused

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I refuse to entertain any sort of shield plot until

A) Roman ****s off for awhile. at least a month. Partially due to surprise and the other being them obviously bootlegging the shield theme to him and that needs to be not heard for at least a little bit

B) They have a credible opponent. this Miztourage **** isn't gonna fly.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
During the Detroit house show they announced that Hell in a Cell will be in the new arena on the 8th of October.

Presumably it will be a Smackdown show, as they do lack them atm.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jon Jones just called out Brock Lesnar to "see what it's like to get your ass kicked by someone 40 pounds lighter than you."

Let's go.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Jones is a terrible matchup for Brock, but I'm still looking forward to the fight. Brock's suspension is also up on 12/30 which would be in time for UFC 219

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd rather it happen after Wrestlemania. That's when Lesnar's contract is up anyways.

Or they just take the title off him at Summerslam and Lesnar can do something in the undercard rather than half ass a main event match.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Jones is a terrible matchup for Brock, but I'm still looking forward to the fight. Brock's suspension is also up on 12/30 which would be in time for UFC 219

Agreed.. I want to see it but even souped up Lesnar or not his chances of beating Jones are slim to none.

(And I'm a big Lesnar fan)

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
During the Detroit house show they announced that Hell in a Cell will be in the new arena on the 8th of October.

Presumably it will be a Smackdown show, as they do lack them atm.

That basically locks in Sep 10th as the next SD show. Name/Location TBA still. Its been rumored for months to be Seattle, and here's to hoping.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Agreed.. I want to see it but even souped up Lesnar or not his chances of beating Jones are slim to none.

(And I'm a big Lesnar fan)

Lesnar's in it for the pay day. Not like he is a young buck looking to jump start his UFC career. Win or lose he probably doesn't have many fights in him.

I look at it more like the Mayweather/Conner "fight". A circus event for Lesnar to bring in huge $$$ and probably add more leverage for negotiations on his next WWE contract.

I can't imagine Brock won't be back in WWE in some capacity, the money is too easy for him. He could probably get a 10 Million 10 date deal from VKM.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That basically locks in Sep 10th as the next SD show. Name/Location TBA still. Its been rumored for months to be Seattle, and here's to hoping.

So we're going to get Jinder Mahal inside Hell in a Cell 3 months after Jinder Mahal inside a Punjabi Prison

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/31/chris-jericho-wwe-nyc-show/

Basically jericho was paying respects to someone he knew who died recently and apparently he snapped eventually at a guy (fan apparently) and they got into a shouting match.

Dunno if jericho snapped for too many fans asking him to sign stuff or if the guy just said something to egg him on but i don't blame him tbh. His friend died just leave the guy alone.

I like how despite a bunch of thugs try to intimidate him by groups and throwing around the F word and N word and he's just like...they're all a bunch of ****ies :laugh:

as a NYC native, can confirm, most guys like that are.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I mean, i'm not gonna jump to conclussions but uh...yeah, that sounds like a NJ native :sarcasm:

I think you mean a NJ native who used to manage a Hooters. I can't imagine his girlfriend ( NXT's Liv Morgan) would be very happy to read that.

And Corey Graves referenced it on commentary tonight. Awesome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad