Monthly News Thread (July 2017) -- Brock Lesnar not planning on re-signing with WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
there is no way...

My instinct says this is fake, but... What? Is that actually in the won

jesus christ it's real lol

just as i was about to come in here and wonder if they expand nxt to two hours a week after summerslam...

oh, it's true...

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
- Mike Bennett (I'm not calling him Mike Kanellis lol) jabbed at TNA when someone said he was a joke in TNA and now WWE when he said he at least gets paid now. Also, some mark responded to him saying if he actually loved wrestling he wouldn't care about money and do it for free. :laugh: This just made me laugh, I had to share it.

- Meltzer commented how the change to Styles/Owens was made extremely late -- and by extremely late, that's extremely late IN the match. It happened right before the ref bump and the guys had to improvise a finish. [I personally wouldn't be surprised if the decision to make the late change was connected to Vince getting confirmation that Jericho would be available.]

- AJ Styles said on the E&C podcast that Vince thought his Royal Rumble reaction (his debut) was a fluke. AJ was also surprised at the reaction he got.

- As previously mentioned, there's talk of a Superstar Shakeup again after Summerslam with some main roster talents going to NXT. It's worded in the observer that it could also mean some shifts from Raw-Smackdown talents swapping shows again.

If I were to guess talents being moved from the main roster to NXT, I'd guess: Apollo Crews (Tozawa's really replaced him in this Titus Brand, eh?), Dana Brooke, Enzo Amore, Mike Bennett, Tye Dillinger.

maybe even one of Emma/Summer.

I forget Summer is still with the company. Frequently. Can't we just future endeavor her already? Any idea when she's slated to come back?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They'll just wait until Summer's contract is up and release her quietly. She's useless in the ring, useless on the mic, hell she even seems to be useless for Total Divas. She's IMO one of the most aesthetically pleasing women WWE has ever had but that will only get you so far in today's WWE for women.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
They'll just wait until Summer's contract is up and release her quietly. She's useless in the ring, useless on the mic, hell she even seems to be useless for Total Divas. She's IMO one of the most aesthetically pleasing women WWE has ever had but that will only get you so far in today's WWE for women.

I don't know how it happened, but she's got some serious injury problems that she's working through.

I actually liked her in NXT because she played the annoying heel really well and she could put on decent matches.

I'm sure that Summer has probably wrestled her last match. I'm also thinking that Emma doesn't have a bright future which is too bad, because I've followed her since she was on World of Hurt.

Up until this recent mini-push, I would have put Bayley in the send her back to NXT category at least to get some confidence back and to figure out why she's not connecting.

Send Zigglar down and give him a wrestler/trainer tag, he could probably help a lot of younger wrestlers with their in ring stuff because when Zigglars on and not going through the motions he's exceptional. He just doesn't have the fire anymore.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Funny how the politics/justice system within pro wrestling works.

You can lie/cheat/steal and screw anything up and you can get on your knees and literally beg or kiss an asscheek and all is forgiven.

What's funny about is is the whole idea that Karen Jarrett would go

"Im telling my ex husband, you know the guy that pretends to be in charge of Raw"

But usually its the huge muscle guys that in real life turn into marshmallows

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Strowman seems like a goofy guy from his instagram accounts. Either he was drunk, or making a joke of the situation, or a bit of both.

PWInsider says witnesses that were there say it was a conversation between two drunk people that got loud, nothing more.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know how it happened, but she's got some serious injury problems that she's working through.

I actually liked her in NXT because she played the annoying heel really well and she could put on decent matches.

I'm sure that Summer has probably wrestled her last match. I'm also thinking that Emma doesn't have a bright future which is too bad, because I've followed her since she was on World of Hurt.

Up until this recent mini-push, I would have put Bayley in the send her back to NXT category at least to get some confidence back and to figure out why she's not connecting.

Send Zigglar down and give him a wrestler/trainer tag, he could probably help a lot of younger wrestlers with their in ring stuff because when Zigglars on and not going through the motions he's exceptional. He just doesn't have the fire anymore.
That's exactly why I think he'd refuse an NXT demotion.
Strowman seems like a goofy guy from his instagram accounts. Either he was drunk, or making a joke of the situation, or a bit of both.

PWInsider says witnesses that were there say it was a conversation between two drunk people that got loud, nothing more.

Drunk Strowman sounds amazing.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
That's exactly why I think he'd refuse an NXT demotion.

Drunk Strowman sounds amazing.

Imagine if you tried to bus his glass while there's still something in it...
"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH THAT!"

I'll show myself out.

Also this is too good not to share...

The Devil's Favorite Demon in a Smart car. You'd think he would have gone for a red Fortwo.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Imagine if you tried to bus his glass while there's still something in it...
"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH THAT!"

I'll show myself out.

Also this is too good not to share...

The Devil's Favorite Demon in a Smart car. You'd think he would have gone for a red Fortwo.

From "I'm not finished with that!" to the smart car. This post was quality...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Pretty sure it was 3 years. Mark Madden said last year after his debut that he was getting a $500k downside guarantee, which was $100k more than he had made in 2015.

With merchandise, live events, etc., he's easily clearing a million a year at this point.

according to Forbes he made 2.4 Million last year, so ya more than double of clearing a Million.

By the time its all said and done Styles will probably have made 10+ Million in the WWE (I figure he signs another 2/3 year contract once this one is done).

Pretty smart move on his part to leave NJPW and not sign with TNA.

Thats why making it to the WWE is a big deal. Sure you can hustle the indies and Japan and make a good living. But if you want to finish your wrestling career with a bank account in the 10 Millions you gotta go to WWE.

BTW Reigns 3.5, Ambrose and Seth 2.7. I am sure Ambrose would love to go back to CZW and Seth back to ROH/NJPW. These guys probably already made 7-9 Million in their careers. Another 5 years and we are talking 10+ Million more.

And to add to that a local boy who scaped by at a local ECW ripoff fed here is probably banking over a Million in Kevin Owens. And I bet his buddy who started with him El Generico has a decent bank account as well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't take Forbes numbers seriously because, well, it's Forbes... but yeah, I can see Styles clearing $2M considering his run last year.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
That phenomenal bank account LOL.

If anyone deserves it its AJ Styles. He earns every penny he makes in the WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Edge and Christian said their show on the Network was cancelled and there won't be a season two. They had the scripts and had filmed some stuff but it's been cancelled, they think due to budget cuts.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
latest on Matt vs GFW from PWI

All four Broken Universe-related trademarks that TNA Entertainment (now Global Force Wrestling) filed for registration have been given an initial refusal by the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

The "Broken Matt" trademark was refused for various reasons. The primary reason given was likely confusion with Matt Hardy's own filing for a 'Broken Matt Hardy' trademark, which Hardy filed first. TNA Entertainment will have to provide valid arguments to show there is no potential conflict between the two. Once that argument is filed, action on the application will be suspended, pending the USPTO decision on Matt's application, which would take precedence since he filed first. GFW would also need to indicate whether "Broken Matt" identifies a living person and if it does, they would then need Matt's consent. Given the estrangement between the two sides, that would put GFW in quite the interesting predicament.

The "Brother Nero" trademark was refused because GFW needed to indicate whether it identifies a living person, and if it does they would need Jeff Hardy's consent. Nero is Jeff Hardy's legitimate middle name.

The "Broken Brillance'" trademark was refused because GFW must specify whether "Broken Brillance" has any significance in professional wrestling or whether it's just a "term of art" in the wrestling industry.

The trademark for "Vanguard1" was refused due to likely confusion with a non wrestling-related trademark.

All four were also refused because the wordings used for identification and classification of goods and services were too broad and the USPTO ruled the filings needed clarification.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Man after reading that, if I'm Matt I just say **** it and start using the gimmick on WWE TV. What's the worst that can happen? GFW tries to sue WWE and McDevitt tears them apart in court?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE will never use it until the legal issues are solved. And they've no interest on getting directly involved at all as it sets a precedent that they are willing to buy gimmicks from other companies. That's something they've got no intention of getting into.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
What's funny about is is the whole idea that Karen Jarrett would go

"Im telling my ex husband, you know the guy that pretends to be in charge of Raw"

But usually its the huge muscle guys that in real life turn into marshmallows

lol just the same we all know which particular group of hockey players are the absolute nicest too!

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Seems like the quacks at WWE were upset that ambrose and rollins hugged before teasing the whole fist bump scenario including vince and Triple H

and you know what...i actually agree with them for once. If they're building to some big reconcile then they shouldn't have done any of that at all. Maybe a small acknowledgement of some sort and thats it. shouldn't have even teased the bump yet.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Man after reading that, if I'm Matt I just say **** it and start using the gimmick on WWE TV. What's the worst that can happen? GFW tries to sue WWE and McDevitt tears them apart in court?

How much can they really sue for if he did? Would it be worth it for Vince to just pay some to get some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->