Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rousey wasn't necessary to come out as the show ending was big enough with Asuka. That was big enough. In February, she could show up and then another hyped night. All the eggs in one basket doesn't make much sense.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Once WWE officials decided against Ziggler answering Roode’s open challenge, they had considered having Adam Cole answer it.

They obviously went with Mojo and had Cole in the Rumble instead

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cole wouldn't have made much sense after the spot he took the night before. That would have been weird.

Oct 18, 2011
Sasha did an interview where she was asked about Ronda.

She said she couldn’t say anything nice so she wouldn’t answer.
Sasha is just mad because there is someone on the roster that she can't bully or take cheap shots at in the ring without getting embarrassed

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Just curious, who was the last mainstream star of Rousey's caliber who joined WWE? Can't believe people are saying that her aura has vanished and she'll be a nothing addition.

/whispers very loudly

ITS ALL A WORK
Nice avatar lol.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Just curious, who was the last mainstream star of Rousey's caliber who joined WWE? Can't believe people are saying that her aura has vanished and she'll be a nothing addition.

Nice avatar lol.

As a full time superstar? Has to be Brock, right? Last I remember as far as RTWM has to be Mike Tyson?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I really do think that there has been an upswing in a new sort of kayfabe. At one point everyone was aware that wrestling was scripted and people stopped buying into things that the wrestlers said. It was expected that everything was a work. Now with social media, some people have trouble picking through what is fake and what is real. The old wrestling strategy of tell them A, B, C and D where A, B and C are true and then D is a lie seems to still work. It's even spilled over into the actual product when people get legitimately mad about things that heels say (ie Jinder). It's surprising but interesting.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
To bad to hear Paige has retired. She's still a valuable asset and could make a good manager in the divas division. Only 25 though, way to young to have to retire.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Paige is on main event this week (Bayley v. Sonya), she was still getting good reactions, and not as if she’s retired. Still coming out in her ring gear too. I’m guessing they want to do something to write her off.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Paige is on main event this week (Bayley v. Sonya), she was still getting good reactions, and not as if she’s retired. Still coming out in her ring gear too. I’m guessing they want to do something to write her off.
She's retired from being a wrestler. Not retired from being employed by WWE.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I thought it was coming to Philly. They’ve been trying for years and basically kept coming in 2nd place

I am aware of this. But they’ve done nothing in storyline other than to allude to a neck injury.

The article I read was Oct 31 2017 from the local newspaper saying Detroit was the frontrunner, then looking now another article came out in November saying it was just a rumor and not likely going to happen, I missed that second article apparently.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
They seem to be pretty happy just rotating there big events around the same handful of cities at this point.
I hope that is not the case, that seems to be stupid on their part.
I really hope they are taking the best deal available.
I do understand why they want to do another Mania in NYC area, but Orlando?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im guessing many talent lives around there because of the performance center in Orlando.
i dont care where it is. just hoping they bring it to canada again one of this days.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
im guessing many talent lives around there because of the performance center in Orlando.
i dont care where it is. just hoping they bring it to canada again one of this days.
These major PPV’s, with the, what is now, 4-night runs, the cities they end up in bid on them and make themselves available. So, one of these cities in Canada is going to have to pay it forward, and because Canada is cold, limits themselves to Toronto and Vancouver (sorry, Olympic Stadium) with indoor stadiums. Vancouver isn’t a hot market, they never do TV there, and Toronto, I guess needs a new SkyDome? So, that’s kind of your options. And they also have to deal with the Blue Jays.

I’m with John Cena in that I wish they’d do one in London.

But it’s not so much that Vince is content ‘rotating to the same cities.’ The city steps up and schmoozes Vince to convince him to come.

If you’re a fan in one of these other cities who isn’t sure they’ll ever see the event (again), something you might want to go to your city council about. Find out if your city is even trying to get it. Over the past 10 years or so is when the event became such a boon for the city because of how many people it draws, and it’s drawing in other promotions as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
oh yeah, i realize the imposibility of most cites in canada and how shit our stadium in montreal is. but yeah not allowed in your country so lets go someone else. XD

im sure england will allow me in. never read about their laws, but we have the queen in our money. so come on, gimme a break, i see your face everyday woman.

would love to see a summerslam here. the city is fire during summer and the arena is huge. but my dream is wrestlemania for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig