Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont know if the two other girls are available, but i kinda wanna see something different than just throwing Heyman at her. if they can do the 4 horsewomen and one of them can talk, would be refreshing.

anyways, i like ronda. willing to give her a chance before hating. i dont see her as adistraction r unfair that shes pushed. specially if she signed full time. shes part of the roster, use her.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It is a bit disjointed to have all these women wrestlers compete in a massive battle royal, only to see Rousey completely bypass all of them (except for Asuka) and get a match at Mania just because, hey, it's Ronda Rousey.

Must be tough to watch, I'm sure many of them worked hard with aspirations of a grand stage title match.

This is the WWE's way, though. This time of year, most of their top guys are part timers or even less than that. It sucks.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It is a bit disjointed to have all these women wrestlers compete in a massive battle royal, only to see Rousey completely bypass all of them (except for Asuka) and get a match at Mania just because, hey, it's Ronda Rousey.

Must be tough to watch, I'm sure many of them worked hard with aspirations of a grand stage title match.

Wrestling is a work. It’s not a real competition. And any of those women are hoping they can get 30 seconds on Sportscenter and get the rub.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster
Oct 18, 2011
If true, then to me that's a damned shame. Te biggest assets among the women are named Flair, Banks, Lynch, Bayley, Bliss, and Asuka. Maybe my opinion will change when I see her wrestle or promo but for a variety of reasons, I've no interest in Rousey and feel she's a distraction from the real assets in the company.
It's all about making money, and Ronda is going to make the company more money than any of them, except for maybe Charlotte, but she's been positioned differently than the rest. The fact of the matter is, the WWE did not go along with this "women's revolution" until RR was at one point the biggest sports star in this country so they are where they are in part due to her success.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nia Jax really does have a reputation of being one of the most petty superstars on the roster, if not the most petty. I haven't seen a talent complain publicly as much as she does before.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I tend to think that Nia has a heightened opinion of how good she is because of her family and because she's different then every other woman.

But frankly she's terrible on the mic, and not great in the ring, I don't know what she's expecting.

And personally I would be pretty hesitant in getting on someone like Rousey's bad side.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I tend to think that Nia has a heightened opinion of how good she is because of her family and because she's different then every other woman.

But frankly she's terrible on the mic, and not great in the ring, I don't know what she's expecting.

And personally I would be pretty hesitant in getting on someone like Rousey's bad side.

It's wrestling. Getting on Rousey's bad side is good for a wrestler because that person can make money with her if it comes off well enough. Rousey's not going to do anything to anyone because of some comments. If she has the ear of the McMahons then she's going to be taught very quickly the way the business is and that's going to be one of the first things she will figure out. They're not going to Goldberg her.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Triple H says Ronda Rousey will finish her movie and then report to the Performance Center full time to train and return to TV then. She likely won't return to TV until late February or early March.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
- Triple H says Ronda Rousey will finish her movie and then report to the Performance Center full time to train and return to TV then. She likely won't return to TV until late February or early March.

And how much training has she had in the ring before that, if any?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Ronda Rousey is awful if they are trying to legitimatize the women. Nia is on point here.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
no one has seen her work yet. she cant be aweful.
wile nia has a point, i rather see a ronda over nia anytime.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
She's been at the Performance Centre full time for a while and been training since at least the summer.

So with that kind of experience, I probably would avoid a one on one match at Wrestlemania being her first showing. I hope that they go with the horsewomen angle and nothing takes that option off the table.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Why even have her come out at the Rumble lol

From a business perspective, Ronda at the Rumble was briefly the top story on ESPN. Casual viewers might have been curious to check out Raw as a result. Casuals talking about Ronda on social media with snarky comments. Even if most casual folks are dismissive, you at least have them discussing your product when they normally wouldn't have been.

It's tough as a diehard fan to accept that not every decision is going to be made necessarily with our interest in mind.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You can do a singles match fine, it just has to be the right kind of singles match. She'll need carrying and protecting to avoid exposing her, but at the same time she is who she is. Her being a star is going to carry the match far more than any wrestling she actually does.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can do a singles match fine, it just has to be the right kind of singles match. She'll need carrying and protecting to avoid exposing her, but at the same time she is who she is. Her being a star is going to carry the match far more than any wrestling she actually does.

You could a singles match fine, if it's the right opponent at the right time. The way to not expose her is to not be in long matches. Right now, anyone who isn't your top workers (or Nia Jax, because, well...) shouldn't go more than a minute or two. Maybe Alexa can go longer if she does her gimmick and runs around. No one other than Asuka or Charlotte should go more than 5 minutes. Neither of them should go more than 7 or 8.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently Jeremy Borash will be working with WWE NXT and the performance center.

He was a Triple H hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad