WWE: Monday Night RAW pt 161: Joe is Gonna KILL YOUR KNEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not shocking considering last week was unsustainable high. Still you don't want to see that when you had Goldberg advertised.

Wish that meant changing the title plans but yeah that isn't happening.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I agreed with Alvarez that Joe/Roman was entertaining. Nothing earth-shattering, but it worked.

I love his idea of Roman turning heel and teaming up with Joe as two angry Samoans.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So the only Hour-3's to stay over 3 million over the past 6 months were all Goldberg segments, plus the Sasha/Charlotte FCA Women's title match, right?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
How many main event RAWs is that for Roman this year? All of them?

Also, how do you post a new thread that involves a poll on here? Yes I am asking this with a join date of 2004.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
MCG likes big sweaty men confirmed

hwi1GT.gif

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Holy ****:
That's really amazing, especially at his age. Unfortunately being the size he was and carrying that much weight for that long has already taken its toll. Even with all the (obvious) work he's put in, it really looks like he's struggling to move these days.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This was talked about in the spoiler thread but it has potential for a more broad discussion in here since some people may avoid spoiler threads - on the topic of a Spring draft to shake up the rosters, my own sort of "fantasy draft" scenario:

Spring draft "to shake things up":

Call Ups - Raw: No Way Jose, Hideo Itami.
Call Ups - SD: Shinsuke Nakamura, The Revival, Tye Dillinger.

To Raw (from SD): The Vaudevillains, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, Kalisto, Mickie James, Naomi, Randy Orton

To SD (from RAW): Big E, Cesaro, Emma, Rusev & Lana, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Seth Rollins

But if they insist on keeping Rollins on Raw because it's the "A" show, either Ambrose or Orton stick to Smackdown.

Although, part of me also thinks they may just skip a draft this year and wait until next spring unless ratings tank after Wrestlemania.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
0% chance Sasha goes to SD.

They are pretty evidently building towards the heel turn and Bayley feud.

I doubt they switch Charlotte either because of how high they view her, but maybe they move Jax to give SD another heel to eventually feed Becky long term.

I legit have no clue what they end up doing with Asuka. She would be a major disruption to either division's status quo. SD probably makes more sense, but IDK.

Don't see them doing a New Day break up soon, though I do agree Big E needs a singles push on one of these shows.

If they did such a wholesale switch of midcards I think Miz would also switch and the mid card belts would switch too.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This was talked about in the spoiler thread but it has potential for a more broad discussion in here since some people may avoid spoiler threads - on the topic of a Spring draft to shake up the rosters, my own sort of "fantasy draft" scenario:

Spring draft "to shake things up":

Call Ups - Raw: No Way Jose, Hideo Itami.
Call Ups - SD: Shinsuke Nakamura, The Revival, Tye Dillinger.

To Raw (from SD): The Vaudevillains, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, Kalisto, Mickie James, Naomi, Randy Orton

To SD (from RAW): Big E, Cesaro, Emma, Rusev & Lana, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Seth Rollins

But if they insist on keeping Rollins on Raw because it's the "A" show, either Ambrose or Orton stick to Smackdown.

Although, part of me also thinks they may just skip a draft this year and wait until next spring unless ratings tank after Wrestlemania.

Great, lets do it. I'd have zero reason to watch Raw so I come out ahead.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
0% chance Sasha goes to SD.

They are pretty evidently building towards the heel turn and Bayley feud.

I doubt they switch Charlotte either because of how high they view her, but maybe they move Jax to give SD another heel to eventually feed Becky long term.

I legit have no clue what they end up doing with Asuka. She would be a major disruption to either division's status quo. SD probably makes more sense, but IDK.

Don't see them doing a New Day break up soon, though I do agree Big E needs a singles push on one of these shows.

If they did such a wholesale switch of midcards I think Miz would also switch and the mid card belts would switch too.

I forgot about Sasha/Bayley. :laugh::laugh: I'd settle for just moving Emma to Smackdown and actually taking her seriously.

I want Handsome Rusev on SD so he can be a star asap.

They won't turn anyone on The New Day heel to break up the group, so I think the draft is the only way to do it. It has to happen eventually. When Big E gets drafted, Xavier and Kofi can turn heel after they recruit TITUS BRAND URAH URAH URAH.

I wouldn't mind Miz/Maryse being sent to Raw after Rusev/Lana and Cesaro end up on Smackdown.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
In the Kurt Angle thread a poster called Kendrick a GOAT and it got me thinking about the current state of the cruiserweights and it is just NOT GOOD man.

A guy like Kendrick is absolutely wasted on the cruiserweight division. Not that the talent isn't any good. Make no mistake guys like Swann, Perkins, Neville, Nese, Alexander are some of the best pure wrestlers the cruiserweight division has ever seen in WWE history. The problem is there's just so many of them. There's got to be, what a dozen cruiserweights alone? Now granted it's intelligent to create a pool that big if you want to create your own division -which WWE clearly has.

But the end result is all of these crunched down segments with almost no devotion to character building outside of a match because there's just too many with too little time.

Not including the injured Finn Balor or Golberg and Lesnar I don't think Raw has any more than about 4 legitimate threats to the Universal Championship alone. Rollins, Reigns, Owens and only teasing us with Braun Strowman. Meanwhile within the CWC you have ALL of these guys vying for a single belt. It just doesn't work.

Let's dig up a couple names from Smackdown! from around 2002 to 2004 when the talent pool was deepest that came and went through the years

Mysterio
Tajiri
Billy Kidman
Jamie Noble
Hurricane
Matt Hardy
Chavo Guerrero
Spike Dudley

They weren't all together at once but at any given time they doubled as tag team competitors, particularly with each other or Eddie Guerrero and Edge.

That meant the cruiserweight picture consisted of a champion and 1 to a maximum of 3 other distinct challengers at a given time. 2 would feud (the winner could arguably be the next #1 contender) while the current champion defended his belt against the current #1 contender. The other guys would wrestle nightly tag matches even without the tag team titles involved and it looked good because it was deep division and you had to work you way up. With the playing field leveled you could put in about 5 to 15 minutes a night with those 1 to 4 total wrestlers who were clearly in the cruiserweight title picture and boom, essentially the whole story of the entire division was told without cutting corners.

The other guys like Chavo got a chance to still tell his story and wrestle when he'd team up with Eddie or Mysterio with a guy like Edge/Eddie and they could have a match against each other or another team like the FBI or Team Angle.

I know I've said a lot of this before but it's such a mess.

The only thing that bothers me more than WWE's handling of the cruiserweights is that they've got 4 goddamn belts that look almost exactly the same and don't look anything like an actual championship. It's just so unbarably lazy

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
They aren't going to stack all the top guys on RAW. Smackdown barely has any as it is, what we think is a good superstar (cesaro) is clearly not what creative thinks. Smackdown needs more "starpower" not just swaps and ending up with less.

Nak should 800% be on smackdown
bring literally any relevant tag team to smackdown, for the love of god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad