OT: Potential power outages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How legit is that clip? Sounds like something that came from AI.

If legit, shouldn’t the news have widely been covering it by now?

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
A bit OT, but wasn’t it a solar storm that had caused the power outage in the early 90’s in Québec, while the Habs were in the playoffs game at the Forum? Claude Mouton announced to the crowd that they were the only people witnessing this game that night.

I remember living in Repentigny at the time and walking in my neighborhood, all the neighbours out as it was a hot evening.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
A bit OT, but wasn’t it a solar storm that had caused the power outage in the early 90’s in Québec, while the Habs were in the playoffs game at the Forum? Claude Mouton announced to the crowd that they were the only people witnessing this game that night.

I remember living in Repentigny at the time and walking in my neighborhood, all the neighbours out as it was a hot evening.

Yup they allude to it in the video I posted above.

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014

March 1989 Quebec power outage was caused by CME.

Jaaanosik

Nov 9, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad