Speculation: Monahan forward most likely dealt first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I've watched every game he's played as a Hab. So how did you watch him more than I have. What he did years ago in Calgary is irrelevant, especially due to the fact he had those hip issues which he's now recovered from. So how many games have watched of his as a Hab? Yeah...I thought so. So lol at you and the dumb emoticons. And thank you for the 2 first round picks 😂.
Poster is right Monahan isnt bad defensively like some suggest but hes not good neither he was never a good 2 way center nobody is acquiring Moneyhands for hes defensive play it will be for secondary scoring/faceoffs/leadership

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
A 6'2 center on pace for 50 points and is 57 percent in the draw? Oh he wears a Habs jersey? Yeah uhmmmm uhhhhh 3rd round pick.

Expiring contract on aging vet, with an injury history. That's been the standard value.

Maybe a bidding war drives it to a 2nd, but a pick would going back to balance it out (5 or 6 rounder).

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Colorado does. Boston maybe does too. Colorado has Ritchie, Gulyayev, Behrens. They also have their first.

Anything Colorado has Winnipeg has better and more of. Pays to have a strong draft and develop system. We also have several bottom 6 or bottom pairing nhl roster players we can shed and not feel the loss.

Colorado is punching out of their weight class trying to compete with Wpg for Lindholm. Probably better to just stay at the kids table and compete for monahan where they likely have the inside track. Dregs knows what’s up.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
but he does have 11 goals, 26 points in 41 games this season...
for example Avs 2nd line center Ross Colton 8 goals, 17 points,
Avs 3rd line center Ryan Johansen 11 goals, 16 points..

you'd think Avs would want upgrade their 2nd line..
Avs are a contender, right?

Not much of a deep dive here. Half of Monahans points come from the power play, which he would not be on in Colorado. And its also been mentioned that players like Monahan typically struggle in Colorado.

Ross Colton does other things when hes not scoring.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
Monahan for a 1st round pick?
I've seen the same Habs fan post about how he's super good in the room so that has to be worth an additional 2nd round pick or top prospect, right?

And just in case anyone forgot, look at what Chariot fetched at the deadline.
Also, 24 Stanley Cups.

In my opinion, offering a second-round pick would be deemed generous from the outset. However, factoring in the current market dynamics for centers + his low salary, I could envision MTL receiving a second-round pick in return. - A return that the organization and its fans should be delighted with.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Why would Montreal agree to let him choose the team lmfao oh my god what is wrong with this organization

To get him to sign here last summer?

If true, I assume it was part of the negociations to at least let him have a say where he goes. Would explain the 2 million 1 year contract.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Boston and Colorado don't have farm system to land Lindholm. He will go either Winnipeg or Vancouver. Colorado probably inside track on Monahan.

Boston and Toronto may call about him but I doubt Montreal trades him there.

This many bidders though, Habs should get full blown retail

avs have no need for Monahan. there is no one in Denver speculating this would be the player they want or fits their system. When the Avs traded for Lex, there was noise in Denver about him. Noise about Danault too. There is noise in Lindholm and some on Laughton.

none on Monahan. Avs don’t need this type of player, they already have him in RyJo.

maybe Boston wants him. RyJo just played his best game vs Boston so the Bs are clearly bad at C.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Would love to get him to replace Lundell on the 3rd line for a playoff run but I doubt FL has the right pieces to make it work with the lack of picks.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I've seen worst players get 1st round picks in return so nothing shocks me anymore, I'd think a 2nd gets it done but a late 1st wouldn't shock me

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
So funny how people looks at hockeydb, then thinks they know better that people that actually see the guy play on a regular basis...

Then later, they bring the exact same argument about talking without knowing because "it's obvious you haven't seen the player play"...

Monahan has been playing with the likes of Gallagher, Pearson, Ylonen, Heineman, etc... since the beginning of the season.

Still he's on a 50ish pts season pace, winning a good percentage of his faceoffs, playing smart and winning a good portion of his battles along the boards.

The guy plays exactly the kind of hockey that makes you win in the playoffs. Nothing fancy, but freaking efficient.

He's a legit 2nd center.

So if you want to make your opinion about the player out of hockeydb?

It's on you.

But don't make it like you know better than someone who knows the whole context. Not just stats on a hockeydb sheet...

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Casuals: Anyone good at faceoffs must be good defensively

I have noticed some less-informed hockey fans seem to believe that if a defenseman is physical, than he is "good defensively" as if one thing has anything to do with the other.

I can't tell you how many Canadiens fans would talk about Sheldon Souray as if he was good defensively or Maple Leaf fans that would claim Bryan McCabe was good defensively.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Dregger says Monahan might be a plan “B”. How did the title get twisted to him most likely getting a 1st? Straight up fanfic.

• Wow
Reactions: Canadienna

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
This thread is one quote away from "I know you are, but what am I?" territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad