Speculation: Monahan forward most likely dealt first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
So accurate is bizarre? How so? I actually watch Monahan play, you? This is the typical take on HFboards. All Habs players are useless crap until they're not on the Habs. Tell me how and why do you think Monahan isn't as a described and what about my take is not reasonable? It IS true he was close to a ppg before all our injuries. It is true he's an excellent defensive forward and great on faceoffs. It IS general knowledge that he's got a high IQ. That is all true. So what is not true or accurate, is YOUR take. Sayonara, joe. Unless you can have an objective debate, I'm not wasting my precious time with you.
I've watched more Monahan than you have I'd pretty much guarantee. Monahan isn't horrible defensively, but he's not good either. HE IS excellent on faceoffs, but his skating is poor so he's not a good defensive C. I'd call him below average in that regard. You guys had Danault. That's a good defensive C. Monahan isn't. This is from a guy who really roots for him btw, because he's a team first guy and gives you everything he has. He plays the best D his skating allows him to, but it's still below average.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
He’s not a help to the Avs. The Avs are a graveyard for guys like him, who can’t skate.

Last year the Avs were linked to Monahan. Do you want to know why? The Avs were willing to pay what they paid for Eller. They’ve only traded their 1st once and that was for Kuemper. Never in this scenario.

Sorry but Monahan isn’t the kind of player that the Avs have been willing to spend a 1st on.

This is a team that got Toews for two 2nds. And you think MacFarland will trade a 1st for Johonahan?

On the other hand, he might because he seems to be determined to acquire slow players who don’t fit on the Avs.
He's a way better player than Eller though. And if your main fear is speed. Trust me. It's not an issue AT ALL. He's always in the play over 200ft. Very high IQ. And well, 2 seconds is a far cry from one Col first which is essentially a 3rd. If you want someone to help you win playoff games. He would be a great fit. But you don't think so, and of course, I respect your opinion. You DO know your team better than I do. But just a difference in opinions.

Exactly. The main boards are a circus. I'm outta here...lol. Total joke.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Monahan is not a 2c on a contender.
Based on cap hit Nico Hischier is at $7.250 million being #33 among centers while Sam Bennett at #64 cap hit is at $4.425 million. The price tag anyone of those players would be what?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He's a way better player than Eller though. And if your main fear is speed. Trust me. It's not an issue AT ALL. He's always in the play over 200ft. Very high IQ. And well, 2 seconds is a far cry from one Col first which is essentially a 3rd. If you want someone to help you win playoff games. He would be a great fit. But you don't think so, and of course, I respect your opinion. You DO know your team better than I do. But just a difference in opinions.

Exactly. The main boards are a circus. I'm outta here...lol. Total joke.

Keep him. Not worth the roster spot when the Avs already have Johansen. Not worth spending an asset for a guy Bednar will likely not play. Colton will likely still be the 2C.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Close enough. Point being, nobody is trading for him with any intentions of extending him to a long term deal. If he resigns with that team, it’ll be as a role player. Too many injuries that have mattered, for him to ever be a core player again.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Close enough. Point being, nobody is trading for him with any intentions of extending him to a long term deal. If he resigns with that team, it’ll be as a role player. Too many injuries that have mattered, for him to ever be a core player again.

I agree, no team will trade with the intention of extending him.

But teams give up assets every year for UFA rentals.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Why would Montreal agree to let him choose the team lmfao oh my god what is wrong with this organization
I would think, only if the deal makes sense....they will be compelled to take the best deal out there, getting a number of teams for his choosing......thinking Dregs worded it poorly.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I've watched more Monahan than you have I'd pretty much guarantee. Monahan isn't horrible defensively, but he's not good either. HE IS excellent on faceoffs, but his skating is poor so he's not a good defensive C. I'd call him below average in that regard. You guys had Danault. That's a good defensive C. Monahan isn't. This is from a guy who really roots for him btw, because he's a team first guy and gives you everything he has. He plays the best D his skating allows him to, but it's still below average.
Yeah, I don’t know why Habs fans think they can push the Monahan is a two way center narrative when isn’t and never has been. It’s the thing that kept him from reaching true #1C status before injuries derailed his career.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
A 2nd for Monahan is find be me .
We don’t need C prospects or any later pick.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I would think, only if the deal makes sense....they will be compelled to take the best deal out there, getting a number of teams for his choosing......thinking Dregs worded it poorly.
Really depends on if that was integral to signing him again. If it was then I bet Hughes keeps the handshake deal like the Sharks did with LaBlanc

Reactions: BLONG7

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
I've watched every game he's played as a Hab. So how did you watch him more than I have. What he did years ago in Calgary is irrelevant, especially due to the fact he had those hip issues which he's now recovered from. So how many games have watched of his as a Hab? Yeah...I thought so. So lol at you and the dumb emoticons. And thank you for the 2 first round picks 😂.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I've watched every game he's played as a Hab. So how did you watch him more than I have. What he did years ago in Calgary is irrelevant, especially due to the fact he had those hip issues which he's now recovered from. So how many games have watched of his as a Hab? Yeah...I thought so. So lol at you and the dumb emoticons. And thank you for the 2 first round picks 😂.
It's comical that you think you'll get a 1st for him. It makes me smile. I'm not sure if Habs or Rags fans are more delusional. It's genuinely a toss up. He's been on the ice for 3.89 goals against per 60 minutes as a Hab and you're trying to sell him as a defensive wizard. He's on pace for 26 even strength points this season and you're trying to sell him as a 2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad