Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Avs fans are getting ready to jump on the fire MacFarland bandwagon.

This does not move the needle for the Avs at all. He’s not a fit. He can’t skate. He can’t feast off of the PP. MacFarland would be repeating Eller and Johansen. Just do the smart thing, MacFarland instead of wasting a future 2nd on Monahan.

Never mistake activity for achievement.

- John Wooden

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

This does not move the needle for the Avs at all. He’s not a fit. He can’t skate. He can’t feast off of the PP. MacFarland would be repeating Eller and Johansen. Just do the smart thing, MacFarland instead of wasting a future 2nd on Monahan.

- John Wooden
that's actually a fantastic quote.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Trying to get out in front of Lindholm is a smart play by Hughes. I miss the Bergevin days....
Boston and Colorado don't have farm system to land Lindholm. He will go either Winnipeg or Vancouver. Colorado probably inside track on Monahan.

Boston and Toronto may call about him but I doubt Montreal trades him there.

This many bidders though, Habs should get full blown retail

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON

- John Wooden
Well, I'm convinced! 👏

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

- John Wooden
If I may; you’ll be surprised at how effective of a player he is if he goes to your team.

I know I was when we got him, he’s legit for what he is, a 2/3c. Can play wing, but solid player.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Darren Dreger on Insider Trading just said Sean Monahan most likely first forward traded. Boston, Colorado, Vancouver interested. Habs have agreement with Monahan to deal him to contending team of his choice.

This is a good sign for Winnipeg getting Lindholm and tracks with what Sean reynolds from Sportsnet was saying.

Winnipeg has zero interest in monahan and has their sights set higher. Not too often Wpg is chasing the top free agent and leaving the no name version for Boston and Colorado to fight over.

Why would Montreal agree to let him choose the team lmfao oh my god what is wrong with this organization

The asking price is likely a 2nd and maybe a c prospect. Not much difference in where that pick will be if the choices are Boston Vancouver or Colorado. Good luck guessing who makes it further in the playoffs from those three and which pick will be worse.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Boston and Colorado don't have farm system to land Lindholm. He will go either Winnipeg or Vancouver. Colorado probably inside track on Monahan.

Boston and Toronto may call about him but I doubt Montreal trades him there.

This many bidders though, Habs should get full blown retail
Colorado does. Boston maybe does too. Colorado has Ritchie, Gulyayev, Behrens. They also have their first.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
The asking price is likely a 2nd and maybe a c prospect. Not much difference in where that pick will be if the choices are Boston Vancouver or Colorado. Good luck guessing who makes it further in the playoffs from those three and which pick will be worse.
Fair enough but why would you start from the position of “we’re not looking for the best offer”

Reactions: hn777

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Surprised that the Rangers aren’t in on him, being Garth Joy has been seen at many Habs games this year.

They must not like his skating or are maybe more focused on Lindholm. Vince Mercogliano previously wrote about how the organization is taking skating ability into heavy consideration.

Reactions: Kendo

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna

- John Wooden
Signed - someone who hardly, if ever, actually watches Monahan play.

PS: A very late 2nd (really a 3rd) ain't doing it. Mark those words.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Why would Montreal agree to let him choose the team lmfao oh my god what is wrong with this organization
In the video Dreger says a contending team or a team of your choice so my interpretation is he will be traded to the contending team with the best offer. If all offers are fairly equal than Monahan can choose the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino