Proposal: Mon-Jets; Price for Laine + 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
In this thread: a classic example of someone refusing to take "no" as an answer.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
So keep him then =)
See if he can play like that in 5 to 6 years with that contract
I don't want the Habs to make the playoffs. They don't have the team to go anywhere. Price leaving = Habs can finally rebuild. Sadly, it won't happen until Bergevin's gone.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Eh, I like the Habs. Don't care for Price's contract, but it is what it is. Certainly brings down his value some.
It certainly does bring his value down, but not to the point where people are making it seem.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
In this thread: a classic example of someone refusing to take "no" as an answer.
It honestly doesn't matter, since Bergevin would never ever trade Price, not even for McDavid + Draisaitl (he's that crazy). Until Bergevin's gone, Price will stay with the Habs 1000000000000%.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
you can get a goalie for a 2nd rounder/late 1st...

Yup just look at what the cost was for Freddy Anderson, Cam Talbot, Martin Jones, Ben Bishop(when acquired by TB in particular), Bobrovsky, and more recently Scott Darling...

Are those guys Carey Price? No but if you pair Laine with ANY of those Goalies, that’s still a Hell Of a player that needs to be paired with Price to have straight across value in a comparison. Wpg would be better off targeting someone like Grubauer for a fraction of the price and roll the dice on a talented kid that will soon have no Place in wSH that Peg doesn’t have to go through the growing pains with as he’s done that behind Holtby for the most part...it has worked well for the other teams that did something similar that I mentioned above..sure there’s probably some names where it didn’t work out but you aren’t paying the price of a franchise Forward in that scenario

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Sweet
Baby
Jesus

Not a chance.
I am not sure there is anyone on the ha s roster I would trade Laine for. Straight up or in a package.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'd do Price + 2 1sts for Laine... easily. Maybe throw in Galchenyuk too. Does Winnipeg have any cap dumps?

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Price is the best goalie in the NHL, and is only 30 years old. Goalies can be effective into their late 30's. Perhaps 8 more years.

Laine is a low 60's point winger who doesn't play defense, doesn't playmake, doesn't skate well who has not evidently progressed since the previous season.

I would rather have Price. But if Winnipeg sweetened the deal, it's possible.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
It's a horrible idea for WPG.

You shorten the cup window significantly as it all starts to hinge on Price's performance. If he dips, it's over.

Plus, it sure as hell won't feel nice when Laine's potting 50+ goals for MTL at the same time.

A younger Price would have made it interesting (even though goalies peak later).

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Laine is over-rated. Wonder how many points and goals he would have gotten if he played with mostly rookies like Matthews
Yeah but one of those rookies was William Nylander. Leaf fans keep calling him a BEAST. So is playing with him really hindering Matthews game?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Laine is a low 60's point winger who doesn't play defense, doesn't playmake, doesn't skate well who has not evidently progressed since the previous season.

You've determined all this in three games?

:huh:

You get the dumbest post of the day award, congrats!

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
You've determined all this in three games?

:huh:

You get the dumbest post of the day award, congrats!

No, not three games. Also his last 15~ games last season. So it's really a continuation of where he left off last season. He's nearing almost 20 games of not being productive offensively. And if he isn't producing offensively, he isn't being as helpful as he should be for someone of his draft pedigree.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
No, not three games. Also his last 15~ games last season. So it's really a continuation of where he left off last season. He's nearing almost 20 games of not being productive offensively. And if he isn't producing offensively, he isn't being as helpful as he should be for someone of his draft pedigree.
2 points in 3 games 10 shots, cant complain really. If he pots 2 goals tonight, he would be ppg and a nice gpg. You look real dumb...

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Remove Laine from the OP and it's still a no from WPG, can't handle that terrible contract Price has.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Now I know why Habs fans think Jet's fans are delusional. Price puts Winnipeg in the playoffs, and likely a real threat to get to a cup final THIS YEAR. Laine is a good young player, but he is not even the Jet's best player. He is a winger that can score when he has an elite centre feeding him one-timers. Price's contract shouldn't be an issue since logic holds that if Laine is that good, Winnipeg would likely have to pay him similar money and term only a year after Price's deal kicks in. Laine is not a generational franchise type player, Price is. When the Dallas Stars needed to get better, they traded a young, scoring winger to Calgary for an good aging Center because they knew to get into the playoffs and win, they had to make that deal. Yes they won the cup.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Hey, remember that time Patrick Roy was traded for Selanne and a 1st?

Or when Luongo got Joe Thornton and a 1st?

How about that time Curtis Joseph was traded for Lindros?

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad