Proposal: Mon-Jets; Price for Laine + 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
LMAOO. I love Price, he has done wonderful things for our nation and he's a treat to watch, but we are NOT giving up Laine along with a first.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Checked your posting history.....you have a history of Laine/Jets hate constantly. Funny

I am a big fan of Ehlers, I love the way he plays.

I also enjoy watching the Jets because of Ehlers, and would like to see Scheifele, Wheeler and Laine all succeed in addition to the rest of the team. But I will not praise Laine needlessly. He needs to show he will continue progressing, because in this league, when you have stopped progressing, you are actually regressing because others are constantly passing you by.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Price is the best goalie in the NHL, and is only 30 years old. Goalies can be effective into their late 30's. Perhaps 8 more years.

Laine is a low 60's point winger who doesn't play defense, doesn't playmake, doesn't skate well who has not evidently progressed since the previous season.

I would rather have Price. But if Winnipeg sweetened the deal, it's possible.

Lol, you just came into a laughable thread and put the old cherry on top!

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I know exactly how good Ehlers is. I am a Mooseheads season ticket holder and I am a big fan. I don't feel I am underrating Ehlers because I feel you are underrating Price in the 1st offer and Galchenyuk and Lindgren in the 2nd offer.

Honest question. Who do you value more. Ehlers or Laine?
Laine more than Ehlers. Ehlers more than current Galchenyuk.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Laine more than Ehlers. Ehlers more than current Galchenyuk.

Kind of how I feel as well. Laine should be untouchable. Ehlers is very good and the Jets would prefer not to trade him but getting Galchenyuk and a very good young goalie might be a good deal that fits their needs. Galchenyuk clearly needs to play for a different team. Habs are mismanaging him big time!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm a Habs fan and I don't really know why the Jets do this. Threads like this are what throwing darts at a board look like on HF.

If it wasn't a debate, it would not reach 6 pages. In truth, there is rarely a trade proposal that is ever taken positively from both fan base on these boards, so speak your opinion and avoid insulting others from making the proposal. I like to see you make your own proposal and not get roasted for it? Go ahead... try it. ;)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The bottom line is Price gives the Jets a good chance at a cup now while Buff, Wheeler, Little, Sheif, Trouba, etc are all in the fold.

- Would the Jets ownership be willing to fork out Price's contract in bonus money?

- Would the Jets be willing to part ways with Ehlers and multiple picks?

- Would the Jets be willing to fight the other teams in the similar boat in negotiation battle? Flyers and Sabres comes to mind. Even the NYI might be interested.

Not sure if the Habs fan base would agree with me but I would accept a Ehlers, 2018 1st, 2019 1st and we take Mason's contract off your hands. You take 100% of Price's contract and what he can do to take your team to a cup contender.

Last edited:

david999

Jan 21, 2011
- Would the Jets ownership be willing to fork out Price's contract in bonus money?

- Would the Jets be willing to fight the other teams in the similar boat in negotiation battle? Flyers and Sabres comes to mind. Even the NYI might be interested.

Not sure if the Habs fan base would agree with me but I would accept a Ehlers, 2018 1st, 2019 1st and we take Mason's contract off your hands. You take 100% of Price's contract.

I think Montreal would take Ehlers and two 1sts, over Laine and a 1st.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Forget about Laine because I understand why you would not trade him for Price. What would you offer for Price though? The other thing to consider is Price has some serious bonus money that the Jets might need to shy away from. I ask jets fans two things...

1) What is your best offer for Price?
- Price for Mason, Ehlers, 2018 1st, 2019 1st? Fair deal?

2) How about Lindgren? I think he would be a low cost with potential of high return.
- Galchenyuk & Lindgren for Ehlers?
- Lindgren for 2018 2nd?

Both of these deals are absolutely terrible for Winnipeg. Not quite as bad as the OP deal, but pretty close. Habs fans really need to give up on the dream that Price can land them a top flight, young, offensive producer. It just won't happen. There is nothing on the Habs roster that will get you Ehlers, let alone Laine or Scheifele.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Price, with his new gargantuan contract, is almost totally untradeable. The best the Habs are looking is a combination of marginal players and prospects.

Don't get me wrong, Price is a stellar goalie. But that contract is brutal to begin with and can only get worse from there.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Both of these deals are absolutely terrible for Winnipeg. Not quite as bad as the OP deal, but pretty close. Habs fans really need to give up on the dream that Price can land them a top flight, young, offensive producer. It just won't happen. There is nothing on the Habs roster that will get you Ehlers, let alone Laine or Scheifele.

Interesting, the trade value of Patches and Drouin seems low......the force is strong with this poster.

broc

Dec 20, 2010

Not sure if the Habs fan base would agree with me but I would accept a Ehlers, 2018 1st, 2019 1st and we take Mason's contract off your hands. You take 100% of Price's contract and what he can do to take your team to a cup contender.

You wouldn't get Ehlers alone for Price. Get a grip.

Price has value for maybe 2-3 years,(if you are comfortable paying a goalie that ridiculous amount of $$, which few are)... after which
when his plays slows down he becomes one of the- if not THE- worst contract in the league.

I can see many teams not wanting to take him for anything more than a very cheap price, and probably teams who wouldn't want him for free at that lofty cap hit.

It's not because he's not good, it's because he's way too damn expensive with most of his best years already behind him.

Price contract carries a huge risk to be an unmoveable, long term anchor. Not sure why MTL fans don't want to acknowledge this. I guess it's easier to pretend he has some huge trade value, which is a laugh.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You wouldn't get Ehlers alone for Price. Get a grip.

Price has value for maybe 2-3 years,(if you are comfortable paying a goalie that ridiculous amount of $$, which few are)... after which
when his plays slows down he becomes one of the- if not THE- worst contract in the league.

I can see many teams not wanting to take him for anything more than a very cheap price, and probably teams who wouldn't want him for free at that lofty cap hit.

It's not because he's not good, it's because he's way too damn expensive with most of his best years already behind him.

Price contract carries a huge risk to be an unmoveable, long term anchor. Not sure why MTL fans don't want to acknowledge this. I guess it's easier to pretend he has some huge trade value, which is a laugh.

Price + for Ehlers? Who needs to get a grip? Come on man! Seriously. You don't have to like the deal but trolling the value of Price like that is very disrespectful towards Price as one of best goaltenders in the world. I get the contract concerns but it is not an unmovable contract. If you don't want Price, good luck with Mason or whoever else you think is the solution for the Jets.

Reactions: david999

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Price, with his new gargantuan contract, is almost totally untradeable. The best the Habs are looking is a combination of marginal players and prospects.

Don't get me wrong, Price is a stellar goalie. But that contract is brutal to begin with and can only get worse from there.

You are delusional to think there would not be interest from teams like the Jets, Sabres, Flyers, NYI to acquire Price. Yes, Price has a big contract but he is one of the best goaltenders in the world and might bring a Cup to your city. GM's would seriously try to figure out how to take on that contract and the Habs might possibly absorb salary if the deal was right.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Price + for Ehlers? Who needs to get a grip? Come on man! Seriously. You don't have to like the deal but trolling the value of Price like that is very disrespectful towards Price as one of best goaltenders in the world. I get the contract concerns but it is not an unmovable contract. If you don't want Price, good luck with Mason or whoever else you think is the solution for the Jets.

There is no way the jets are trading Ehlers straight up for price let alone adding to him.

Love it or hate it that's the reality

and I love price. I still personally think he is one of if not the best goalie in the world.
But that contract is a killer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is no way the jets are trading Ehlers straight up for price let alone adding to him.

Love it or hate it that's the reality

and I love price. I still personally think he is one of if not the best goalie in the world.
But that contract is a killer.

Works two ways. There is no way the Habs trade Price for Ehlers straight up. How does that feel?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Price has had a very good career to-date, he's now setup to retire in Montreal.

Let's just leave at that. The Jets are not giving up Laine or Ehlers for a 30yr old Price. If the Habs want to rebuild and start by trading a Price target someone else then the Jets, we have no interest. If you want to rebuild with Price, great congrats.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Works two ways. There is no way the Habs trade Price for Ehlers straight up. How does that feel?

Great! Call a meeting with all Habs fans and tell them to stop trying to pawn Price off onto us for one of our elite forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad