MLB off-season News & Notes thread (Phils sign Kingery to 6 year deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
The dumb thing is if they really think Machado is going to sign with the Yankees anyway then you might as well trade him there and get some good assets from them this weakening their farm team. Machado is going to free agency no doubt so just get the best offer you can. Doesn't matter which team that is. You're trading one year of him not 10.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I get that Davis was coming off a great year and they were doing right by there guy, but they knew Machado's ufa year was coming up. Just bad management.

To be honest I don't think Scrooge McAngelos would re-sign him anyway, I can't see him forking over 400/500 million for 10-15 years. Even for his star player.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
about time the angels did something to modernize angel stadium

it's still a great place to take in a game but it's really started to show its age in recent years

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Angelos is disgrace. I can't stand watching all of this crap.

Not only is he worth over a billion dollars, he cheats the Nats out of tens of millions per year in TV money. Yet he can't be bothered to pay his star player, the best player his team has had since Ripken :laugh:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Not only is he worth over a billion dollars, he cheats the Nats out of tens of millions per year in TV money. Yet he can't be bothered to pay his star player, the best player his team has had since Ripken :laugh:
don't want to be involved in latin market, don't want to rebuild... i feel for DD. he's not the best gm around here but he's good. angelos is disgrace. pathethic...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
don't want to be involved in latin market, don't want to rebuild... i feel for DD. he's not the best gm around here but he's good. angelos is disgrace. pathethic...

Duquette even had the chance to be the Blue Jays president before Shapiro but Angelos would only let him leave for two of Torontos top 5 prospects.

At least given Angelos' age the team wont be his for too much longer... I can see Leonsis swooping in and buying them.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Duquette even had the chance to be the Blue Jays president before Shapiro but Angelos would only let him leave for two of Torontos top 5 prospects.

At least given Angelos' age the team wont be his for too much longer... I can see Leonsis swooping in and buying them.
Monumental likely has enough issues between their own properties to even consider the Orioles

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I read before that Jim Bowden is reporting that Angelos may block any potential Machado trade. Sure, let’s keep him and lose him for a lousy comp pick at the end of the year. Idiot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad