HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
It's not supposed to be irresistible. That is the sort of offer that should be made. Mesar is not a bust. Barron might be if he lacks hockey sense. Maybe Farrell would interest them if Barron doesn't. If someone offers more they can have him.

He is put in trade proposals because he has a lot of value. There is a reason that the late 1st is only part of the deal (and it may be as high as 22nd). I suspect if the Ducks wanted to move Zegras they would be very interested in a Mailloux and late 1st offer.
You can’t count fans on here trading him in proposals as saying he has high value around the league,. That is just factually incorrect

Zegras is not the player I would target. If we are going to willy nilly toss around 1st round picks we might as well go big or go home and OS Byfield 10m+ and go from there. Zegras does nothing for us.
Offersheets don’t happen in nhl anymore literally. It’s become a fantasy of fans

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It's not supposed to be irresistible. That is the sort of offer that should be made. Mesar is not a bust. Barron might be if he lacks hockey sense. Maybe Farrell would interest them if Barron doesn't. If someone offers more they can have him.
I don't want Zegras but that offer definitely isn't enough.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I'm not sure if DET is the best target to take on a Dman as they already have a bunch, but I would love for the Habs to get their hands on Rasmussen.

25 years old, giant, former top 10 pick and has stagnated and needs a new deal. They might have given up on him and want to cut bait.

If they won't take a Dman, maybe they'd take some of our picks?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lindstrom will require luck but how does he land Zegras without sacrificing any of the others?

And of course, it doesn’t need to be Zegras but it does look like a nice template once you add a Lindstrom in there.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Lindstrom will require luck but how does he land Zegras without sacrificing any of the others?

And of course, it doesn’t need to be Zegras but it does look like a nice template once you add a Lindstrom in there.

Maybe it was for Newhook + Barron?

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I like this even better:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
[Zegras/UFA] - Dach - Lindstrom/Demidov/Catton/Eiserman/Iginla
Roy - Newhook - Kapanen/Beck

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Fowler
Monty/Primes

Really excited for the draft and the offseason. Can't wait to see who HuGo add.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I like this even better:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
[Zegras/UFA] - Dach - Lindstrom/Demidov/Catton/Eiserman/Iginla
Roy - Newhook - Kapanen/Beck

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Fowler
Monty/Primes

Relly excited for the draftcand the offseason. Can't wait to see who HuGo add.
Kapanen is intriguing. We’ll see what the draft brings.

Reactions: sampollock

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
You can’t count fans on here trading him in proposals as saying he has high value around the league,. That is just factually incorrect

Offersheets don’t happen in nhl anymore literally. It’s become a fantasy of fans
I am not talking about posters here. I am saying that I believe he has a lot of value and I suspect there are many GM's who would agree.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Any of you interested in packaging our second first next year on top of the WPG pick this year?

1. WPG 2024 1st round pick
  2. CAL/FLA 2025 1st round pick
  3. Mailloux/Mesar or both
That’s should be enough for a good young top 6 forward, no? Of course depending on who’s available...

And in case no young nhl forward are ready, do you think that offer would be good enough to get a second top 15 pick in this year draft?

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021

KK was offer sheeted.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
If an overpay is involved, it has to be a rare asset and likely multiple suitors involved.

I wonder who besides Zegras, might be a worthy target.

What’s fun is how the Habs have the assets to land a big fish.
One thing about the deals the Habs have made recently is that they haven't been "out of nowhere." I think that's why a lot of posters are side-eyeing Zegras because there has been some smoke about him getting moved and the fact that he's in the age group that Hughes seems to covet.

Dach was rumored to be on the block, with the price being a first-rounder, like a week before the draft. We made that deal.

A lot of people looked at Newhook as an option as soon as the Avs traded for Johansen three days before we actually did.

That doesn't mean there are leaks in the Habs camp, as the deals themselves were surprising. But if there's a young player rumored to be available that seems like a good fit, you can bet KH is all over it.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Anaheim won’t accept this. Logan’s value to Montreal is different compared to other teams not wanting him / dealing with public relations nightmare. There’s a reason a lot of fans on this board put him in trade rumors

Furthermore, a late 1st from the jets would mean nothing to Anaheim
And, here, I'm thinking WIN 1st and Mailloux is too much for Zegras.

Funny how that goes...

Maybe it's just more that I would rather spend those assets on someone else than Zegras, in the end?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Agree on both counts:

It does look like a nice template once you add Lidstrom

AND

NO, it definitley doesn't have to be Zewgras as the third component on that line.

I'm pretty certain that Zegras is not the only player with skill available and, sometimes, I is worth paying up a little more for a better player (than Zegras).

Last edited:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Necas is the more plausible option to improve our offense this summer…
Necas is a good target, depending on the price? He's a bonafide top-6 winger we could use and, at 6'2" and 190lbs, he's not a leaf that will be blowing in the wind.

What do you think we need to give up to land Necas?

I'd consider giving up Newhook + WIn 1st + Harris....

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Necas is a good target, depending on the price? He's a bonafide top-6 winger we could use and, at 6'2" and 190lbs, he's not a leaf that will be blowing in the wind.

What do you think we need to give up to land Necas?

I'd consider giving up Newhook + WIn 1st + Harris....
We cant trade Newhook. Newhook showed us that he is a good hockey player who could play easily on the 2nd. I see a second line of Newhook-Dach-Necas.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
We cant trade Newhook. Newhook showed us that he is a good hockey player who could play easily on the 2nd. I see a second line of Newhook-Dach-Necas.
When rebuilding, i don't generally like sideways moves.

As blasphemous as it sounds, I would rather trade Guhle for Necas than Newhook, and I'm not sure of that one either.

Winnipeg or Calgary first and a B+ prospect for Necas would be my offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Talik Sanis

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Patrik Laine
Is Columbus anxious enough to knock out most of his $58.7M cap hit for two years that they would retain a bit on him and not want a core player back from us?

Assuming Hughes even wants Laine, would Columbus take a package of Mesar, Harris and our 2025 second for Laine retained by $1.5M?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad