Mitchell Miller to Ak Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I still think its asinine he is being punished by the court of public opinion for something he did as a child to another child in middle school 8 years ago.

This just in, kids are stupid and cruel. but most grow out of it and don't get called on it for the rest of their lives.

This makes me feel like most of the folks who jumped on this bandwagon are folks who look and think like Jerrod from Eagle vs Shark LOL

Repeatedly bullying a kid with developmental disabilities by using physical violence, racial slurs and making him lick candy out of a urinal is not normal behavior for a kid. Have you even read about the stuff he did to him?

There's also reports he continued to harass him thru high school although not physically. Miller was even being a dick in his social media apology last fall.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
It's surprising that you call yourself a parent, yet you mention everyone else except the victim. What about him? He has to live his entire life with the pain he was subjected to. It's been enhanced because he's now a limited-purpose public person because of the news several times where he's had to relive it over and over again, including Miller wanting to be his friend to try to get himself into the league after getting renounced by both the Coyotes and the Bruins.

The victim has a name, by the way. it's Isaiah.

To hell with everyone else; what if Isaiah was YOUR child? It's easy to make excuses for folks when they're not your kin; how about making excuses for Miller if Isaiah was? I can't do that, not for anyone, if Isaiah was my child because that would be the worst kind of betrayal to him.

A child deserves a parent who puts them first and foremost and fights the battles for them that they can't or shouldn't have to. It's not about forgiveness for a bully but the resolve to help the victim heal and get past it. You can never get past some things; they stay with you forever, and Isaiah was a victim of that. I don't give a damn what Miller tries to do; what he NEEDS to do is ACCEPT the fact that he's hurt this young man and stand up to it, and he hasn't, and he won't.

You say all of this, and it's fine in a perfect world, but when I look at Miller, I don't see a man; I see a child still trying to get away with it, and I see a victim who can't and may never heal from it.
So is that the answer then? He's unemployable in North America until the victim and his family are satisfied? He supposedly tried to reach out to Isaiah and was rebuffed. What's he supposed to do? How can you divine his intent? He'd be in the NHL right now if not for this. Maybe the consequences have made him reflect and perhaps he does feel remorse. I certainly hope he does, it was super messed up what he did to that poor kid. I just don't think the answer should be that he's irredeemable and can't do anything to rehabilitate himself.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
It's surprising that you call yourself a parent, yet you mention everyone else except the victim. What about him? He has to live his entire life with the pain he was subjected to. It's been enhanced because he's now a limited-purpose public person because of the news several times where he's had to relive it over and over again, including Miller wanting to be his friend to try to get himself into the league after getting renounced by both the Coyotes and the Bruins.

The victim has a name, by the way. it's Isaiah.

To hell with everyone else; what if Isaiah was YOUR child? It's easy to make excuses for folks when they're not your kin; how about making excuses for Miller if Isaiah was? I can't do that, not for anyone, if Isaiah was my child because that would be the worst kind of betrayal to him.

A child deserves a parent who puts them first and foremost and fights the battles for them that they can't or shouldn't have to. It's not about forgiveness for a bully but the resolve to help the victim heal and get past it. You can never get past some things; they stay with you forever, and Isaiah was a victim of that. I don't give a damn what Miller tries to do; what he NEEDS to do is ACCEPT the fact that he's hurt this young man and stand up to it, and he hasn't, and he won't.

You say all of this, and it's fine in a perfect world, but when I look at Miller, I don't see a man; I see a child still trying to get away with it, and I see a victim who can't and may never heal from it.

Putting a bullied child’s priorities first while refusing to ostracize a 14 year old bully for life aren't mutually exclusive. That’s not to say the bully shouldn't face severe punishment however.

Nothing heals a bullied child's wounds more than a subservient, remorseful and ashamed former bully. Forgiveness allows for closure in such situations; it allows for empowerment. Grudges do the opposite.
Eternal grudges, regardless of the situation, merely propagate the pain for the victim.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets4Life

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So is that the answer then? He's unemployable in North America until the victim and his family are satisfied? He supposedly tried to reach out to Isaiah and was rebuffed. What's he supposed to do? How can you divine his intent? He'd be in the NHL right now if not for this. Maybe the consequences have made him reflect and perhaps he does feel remorse. I certainly hope he does, it was super messed up what he did to that poor kid. I just don't think the answer should be that he's irredeemable and can't do anything to rehabilitate himself.

Playing professional sports for a living is a privilege, not a right. He's an absolute piece of shit and doesn't deserve to play in the NHL. What he did went way above and beyond "normal" bullying that kids have to deal with at school.

Hes not barred from getting a job in North America, he just doesn't deserve to represent any NHL team and I would absolutely be disgusted and would be talking to my season ticket rep immediately if the Devils ever tried to sign this scumbag.

Reactions: RRhoads

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Playing professional sports for a living is a privilege, not a right. He's an absolute piece of shit and doesn't deserve to play in the NHL. What he did went way above and beyond "normal" bullying that kids have to deal with at school.

Hes not barred from getting a job in North America, he just doesn't deserve to represent any NHL team and I would absolutely be disgusted and would be talking to my season ticket rep immediately if the Devils ever tried to sign this scumbag.
Agreed. It was severe bullying of a kid who had disabilities.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Why does Miller not deserve to play in the NHL when the league is complicit in far, far, worse actions than severe school bullying?
Why do NHL fans tend to pick and choose what to be outraged over? Why not put the money where the mouth is and cancel culture all unethical actions, including the more severe things the NHL is complicit in?

It all seems like token virtue signalling to me.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Why does Miller not deserve to play in the NHL when the league is complicit in far, far, worse actions than severe school bullying?
Why do NHL fans tend to pick and choose what to be outraged over? Why not put the money where the mouth is and cancel culture all unethical actions, including the more severe things the NHL is complicit in?

It all seems like token virtue signalling to me.

I'd be fine with kicking anyone who has been confirmed to have done horrible things to other people out of the league but I'm not in charge.

I just don't like people who are pieces of shit and Miller is a confirmed absolute piece of shit.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I'd be fine with kicking anyone who has been confirmed to have done horrible things to other people out of the league but I'm not in charge.

I just don't like people who are pieces of shit and Miller is a confirmed absolute piece of shit.

I've mentioned this previously.... several NHL sponsors use and are complicit in slave labor, human trafficking and child exploitation. If you don't like pieces of shit, why are you not ripping up your NHL tickets as I type this? The NHL takes blood money.

If you're paying money to the NHL (season tickets), you're indirectly helping to propagate those heinous human atrocities, yet you have the self-righteousness to demand that Miller be banned from the league for his actions at 14?

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I've mentioned this previously.... several NHL sponsors use and are complicit in slave labor, human trafficking and child exploitation. If you don't like pieces of shit, why are you not ripping up your NHL tickets as I type this? The NHL takes blood money.

If you're paying money to the NHL (season tickets), you're indirectly helping to propagate those heinous human atrocities, yet you have the self-righteousness to demand that Miller be banned from the league for what he did at 14?

Which sponsors? I don't buy much of anything so I doubt I support those anyway.

I don't proclaim to be some world savior and I sure as shit am never gonna solve all the worlds problem. I just wouldn't ever want this guy on my team. 14 is a bs excuse for what he did, he was way old enough to know better.

If being self righteous means being a better human being than Mitchell Miller than that's an awful low and pathetic bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Which sponsors? I don't buy much of anything so I doubt I support those anyway.

I don't proclaim to be some world savior and I sure as shit am never gonna solve all the worlds problem. I just wouldn't ever want this guy on my team. 14 is a bs excuse for what he did, he was way old enough to know better.

If being self righteous means being a better human being than Mitchell Miller than that's an awful low and pathetic bar.

Adidas, Apple, Amazon, Nestle, etc., etc. Horrible abusers. So if you have NHL season tickets you're certainly buying their product more than most. Blood money.

But whatever, do what you want. Just pointing out NHL fans' absurd ethical hypocrisy and self-righteousness.
Everybody cancel cultures Miller, yet personally assist to propagate human exploitation via supporting the entity (team/league) they do not want Miller on.

Reactions: Jets4Life

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Adidas, Apple, Amazon, Nestle, etc., etc. Horrible abusers. So if you have NHL season tickets you're certainly buying their product more than most. Blood money.

But whatever, do what you want. Just pointing out NHL fans' absurd ethical hypocrisy and self-righteousness.
Everybody cancel cultures Miller, yet personally assist to propagate human exploitation via supporting the entity (team/league) they do not want Miller on.

Boy you sure love buzz words, nobody "canceled" Miller. His shitty actions actually had consequences for the first time in his life. He also showed no actual remorse about the situation. Did you miss the part where all the NHL teams that passed on him in the draft was because he showed no remorse and was irritated the situation was even brought up? He wasn't 14 then.

It's not absurd to not want this guy on your team. It's a feasible thing to keep this guy off your team by voicing your opinion about it and teams actually listening. I could yell about Amazon and Apple all day long but nobody would care.

I spend next to nothing on anything NHL besides my tickets and if you care about "blood money" as much as you show in your posts why do you want this guy back in the league? He sure a shit hasn't done anything to deserve to be paid millions for playing a game or have little kids look up to him.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

Miller cancelled himself.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
lol...you obviously are unfamiliar with hockey culture. There are guys on nearly every NHL team that have done worse than Miller as adults.

• Haha

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
lol...you obviously are unfamiliar with hockey culture. There are guys on nearly every NHL team that have done worse than Miller as adults.

Whataboutism because those stories aren't published. Speculating and knowing are entirely two different things, we 100% know that Mitchell is a pos and he hasn't shown any remorse whatsoever.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
The only person stopping Mitchell from playing in the NHL is Mitchell. He has to take ownership of his actions, and show actual geniune remorse. Until then he'll be relegated to playing in lower tier leagues. That's on him, nobody else's fault.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Boy you sure love buzz words, nobody "canceled" Miller. His shitty actions actually had consequences for the first time in his life. He also showed no actual remorse about the situation. Did you miss the part where all the NHL teams that passed on him in the draft was because he showed no remorse and was irritated the situation was even brought up? He wasn't 14 then.

It's not absurd to not want this guy on your team. It's a feasible thing to keep this guy off your team by voicing your opinion about it and teams actually listening. I could yell about Amazon and Apple all day long but nobody would care.

I spend next to nothing on anything NHL besides my tickets and if you care about "blood money" as much as you show in your posts why do you want this guy back in the league? He sure a shit hasn't done anything to deserve to be paid millions for playing a game or have little kids look up to him.
I'm sure he doesn't care about blood money and only uses that argument when it helps his case so he can feel self-righteous. It's such a dumb argument anyhow, as if comparing individuals to massive corporations makes any sense.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Uh ok, any examples? And spare me the hockey culture crap because you clearly know nothing about it.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Miller is POS. Ban him all you want. Cool.
I'm just perplexed by the NHL and its fans' selective morality. Why ban Miller, yet refrain from canceling the NHL for its transgressions which are worse than Miller's? Nobody has answered this.

I'm not perplexed, actually. The answer is simple. The NHL will ban anything insofar it doesn't affect the financial well-being of the league, or fans entertainment value..
It's cancel culture predicated on hypocritical virtue signalling, double standards and self interest more than innate morality.

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Miller is POS. Ban him all you want. Cool.
I'm just perplexed by the NHL and its fans' selective morality. Why ban Miller, yet refrain from canceling the NHL for its transgressions which are worse than Miller's? Nobody has answered this.

I'm not perplexed, actually. The answer is simple. The NHL will ban anything insofar it doesn't affect the financial well-being of the league, or fans entertainment value..
It's cancel culture predicated on hypocritical virtue signalling, double standards and self interest more than innate morality.
If you're perplexed by that then you must be pretty naive. Like I said above, comparing individuals to massive corporations makes no sense and fans aren't going to boycott the NHL if they allowed Miller to play anyhow. Plenty would be pissed off about it just like plenty are pissed off at these sponsors for their labor practices. Depriving yourself of something you love isn't going to solve anything though, at least in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad