GDT: R1:G4 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes | April 27th | 2:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

Green

Nov 13, 2019
If a team tears it down they ain't making the playoffs in 3-4 years. Unless you're a team like the NYR who get "free" stars, but we're not that team.
Especially if they wait until they are forced to rebuild and don't sell off their assets when they have value

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Most teams would say no to making the playoffs and losing being a certainty I'd guess. Maybe teams on the bubble would prefer the experience over the draft but from a paper perspective a guaranteed exit wouldn't make much sense for almost everyone.

Reactions: SI90

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If a team tears it down they ain't making the playoffs in 3-4 years. Unless you're a team like the NYR who get "free" stars, but we're not that team.

I see that you (understandably) have an axe to grind. However if a team is run well and makes the right moves they can turn a few great picks, trades, signings into a playoff birth only a few seasons after bottoming out. Now if you're run like the Sabres or Blue Jackets that's a different story.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Second periods really are the worst for this team.

...and the final two minutes of the third.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
The constant mobile ads that are a picture frame around the screen are killing this website

Reactions: duster19

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I know his numbers are good but I don't think Andersen has looked that good. Lots of loose pucks around the crease and a more talented team would be cashing in on those opportunities.

He's made some great saves for sure but he hasn't been as good as the numbers suggest I don't think.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I would've liked to have seen Pelech reverse that neutral zone play back to the wide open Pulock instead of forcing it into the zone.

Huge chance for Lee, bummer.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yes let's go through another 10 year rebuild except this time we have a 15% chance of getting the first pick not an 80%. Posts like this are what has ruined HF.

Serious question...

Do you want the Isles to win a Cup...And assuming so who is your specific recipe to fixing this mess right now?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Great defensive play by Casey taking the puck away from that guy about to have a dangerous shot. Unfortunately, the guy was Barzal.

• Haha
Reactions: PK Cronin

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
I see that you (understandably) have an axe to grind. However if a team is run well and makes the right moves they can turn a few great picks, trades, signings into a playoff birth only a few seasons after bottoming out. Now if you're run like the Sabres or Blue Jackets that's a different story.
You mean like actually having well qualified people running the organization? Sounds good to me.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Yes let's go through another 10 year rebuild except this time we have a 15% chance of getting the first pick not an 80%. Posts like this are what has ruined HF.
Than what is the solution? Do you think this team has a chance at winning a cup? Maybe the underperforming teams below us will suck again next year and we can sneak into a 7 or 8 seed again and see the same thing, Rebuilds are the only way a team like the Islanders have a chance at sustained success

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sloppy exchange from Varlamov.

Nice breakout by Horvat there. Great play by Barzal, there we go.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't have an axe to grind - it's a fact. The NYR announced they were going to do a "rebuild", and then they got Panarin as a UFA and Fox for cheap because he forced his way to them. Meanwhile, they've missed on most of their high draft picks.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Great defensive play by Casey taking the puck away from that guy about to have a dangerous shot. Unfortunately, the guy was Barzal.
A career 4th line center in the top line was good enough to beat some teams at the end of the year who were out of it. Not going to be good enough to beat Car.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad