Mitchell Miller to Ak Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
I'm a Kazan tatar, but was born in Kazakhstan. My mom was from Kazan, though. I never lived there but vizited the city many times. There is a lot of historical and beautiful places to see there.
Nice, so is my wife! I've been all over Tatarstan, love the culture.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Hard to talk about this player on this site. Moderation intimidates users by deleting topics (cancel culture).

It was logical that he found a place in the KHL. He crushed the Slovak league after almost 3 years without playing.

His case demonstrates a dysfunction in North American society. In Slovakia, in Russia, men are not banned for life for having been excluded from school for one week for harassing an African-American at age 14, 8 years previously.

After Leipsic (especially him, his story is completely crazy), Boucher, Peters and Voynov, KHL continues to welcome all outcasts from North American society while North American society does not welcome any outcasts from other societies. This makes you think.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hard to talk about this player on this site. Moderation intimidates users by deleting topics (cancel culture).

It was logical that he found a place in the KHL. He crushed the Slovak league after almost 3 years without playing.

His case demonstrates a dysfunction in North American society. In Slovakia, in Russia, men are not banned for life for having been excluded from school for one week for harassing an African-American at age 14, 8 years previously.

After Leipsic (especially him, his story is completely crazy), Boucher, Peters and Voynov, KHL continues to welcome all outcasts from North American society while North American society does not welcome any outcasts from other societies. This makes you think.

Btw he was interviewed about that bully case by Russian press. To me he was very honest about it and it looked like he sincerely regretted what he did to that guy.

Reactions: Jets4Life

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Lots of good North American players in the KHL who thrive in Russia and its surroundings.

Nigel Dawes even established roots in the country.

As a hockey fan, Russian culture is folkloric, the broadcasts are quality, including on MHL.

The only thing that poses a problem for a player is long trips.

This is why some prefer the NLA or the SHL.

I also think that his story will no longer be debated in 2026 if he has the level to join an NHL team in a top 4 defensive team. If he has the level of a 5th-6th defender, he will have the level of an elite KHL defender, so not necessarily profitable for him financially and for an NHL franchise.

Playing in the NHL is not an ultimate goal. Shipachev and Gusev demonstrated this. For these players, playing in the NHL is only interesting to play on an offensive top 6.

If he becomes an elite KHL defensman he'll be able to earn up to $1.5M/yeah tax free, not bad compared to an average American, Canadian or anybody else. Still, NHL money is way better, and even more important, it's the league where the best players play. So I'm pretty sure his target is NHL. But right now KHL is the best option for him. Even long traveling helps to get prepared to NHL distances.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
He played in the USHL until May of last year and joined the Slovak league this summer.

Regarding the rest, getting some fresh air from time to time is helpful.

I said almost.

2020-21 DNP
2021-22 Plays overage in a junior league
2022-23 DNP

Go get some fresh air in my city, Nantes and stay 1 year. You will love.

Last edited by a moderator:

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Has Miller and Barber joined the team yet? It doesn’t appear either played last game. Is there a “daily faceoff” type of site that has the line combos for KHL? Thanks!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Miller has endured far too much persecution for bad behaviour ending when he turned 14. Everyone deserves a second chance, especially when the parents of the victim as horrible people themselves, who have been given second chances, ironically.
The Coyotes, the UND, the Storm, and the Bruins all gave him chances while aware of his background already in North America.

• Haha
Reactions: 67 others

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The Coyotes, the UND, the Storm, and the Bruins all gave him chances while aware of his background already in North America.
There you go again with your false narrative. Three of those teams were forced to sever ties with Mitchell due to the ridiculous smear campaign that the victims parents launched against him.

If you can point out one criminal action Mitchell did as an adult with any of those organisations, that would lead those teams to sever ties with him, I would love to hear it. And no, not feeling "legitimate remorse" for acts he did as a child, is not "blowing a second chance.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
If he becomes an elite KHL defensman he'll be able to earn up to $1.5M/yeah tax free, not bad compared to an average American, Canadian or anybody else. Still, NHL money is way better, and even more important, it's the league where the best players play. So I'm pretty sure his target is NHL. But right now KHL is the best option for him. Even long traveling helps to get prepared to NHL distances.
I wish Miller all the luck in the World. If only because of the hypocrites that want to burn him at the stake for his bad behaviour that ended when he was a Grade 8 student. Imagine what kind of person cannot forgive a 14 year old child, especially given the fact that he has never been in any further trouble, and is turning 22 next month.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
There you go again with your false narrative. Three of those teams were forced to sever ties with Mitchell due to the ridiculous smear campaign that the victims parents launched against him.

If you can point out one criminal action Mitchell did as an adult with any of those organisations, that would lead those teams to sever ties with him, I would love to hear it. And no, not feeling "legitimate remorse" for acts he did as a child, is not "blowing a second chance.
Each time he had the opportunity to address his baggage in a convincing way, yet chose to do nothing or at times even less than nothing. That's all on him and no one else. When he entered the draft hardly anyone had ever even heard of him, so there certainly wasn't any prejudice against him at that point.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
All along it's been up to Miller to prove the critics wrong, the victim's family merely presented their case and that it's more compelling than anything that ever came from Miller himself is purely his own doing. In his pre-draft letter he promised to "be a leader for this cause and help end bullying and racism," now more than three years later one would expect to see at least some results from the champion.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
All along it's been up to Miller to prove the critics wrong, the victim's family merely presented their case and that it's more compelling than anything that ever came from Miller himself is purely his own doing. In his pre-draft letter he promised to "be a leader for this cause and help end bullying and racism," now more than three years later one would expect to see at least some results from the champion.
Miller will never win over the people that will hear the victim's family's statements and form their own conclusions based around a person that they have never met or interacted with. I dunno why you assume Miller has just done nothing, according to his agent (a black man who took Miller on as a client, which he didn't have to do), he has done quite a bit.

People will of course just say "he's only doing this to try and make the incident go away, he doesn't mean anything by it" etc. etc. I doubt anyone here actually knows Miller personally, so who knows. But there is a lot of misinformation being spread. The "never apologized" is the big one that I see repeated ad nauseam. The most concrete truth I have to the situation is the family appears to hold a veto right over his ability to sign an NHL contract given the two separate teams that planned to bring in him and then retracted that following the family's statements. They will likely never forgive him and no amount of steps taken by Miller will likely be enough.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Miller does keep referring to "the incident", but what occurred were multiple years of bullying and that "incident" is just the time he got busted. He will never be credible before he is able to be sincere about the objective facts that anyone has access to even without knowing him personally.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Miller does keep referring to "the incident", but what occurred were multiple years of bullying and that "incident" is just the time he got busted. He will never be credible before he is able to be sincere about the objective facts that anyone has access to even without knowing him personally.
People should just stop playing games and pretending it's about honesty/transparency/taking some sort of action. He paid criminally, he got expelled, got kicked out of college, he had to answer for it to NHL teams, he had his draft status revoked, he had a contract offer revoked. This isn't some "maybe we just give it some more time, maybe getting involved in another organization, maybe more time staying clean"... we're long passed that point. It's been 8 years for what occurred when he was a kid. The truth is people have accepted the belief that "he should not receive an NHL contract until the victim's family deem he be allowed to receive one" and that's where we're at.

The only thing that could really change that would be if he is the best Defenseman in the KHL then an NHL team may decide the risk/reward factor is worth it more so than your typical shot in the dark hockey prospect along with the dozens, bordering on hundreds, of others that come around every single year.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He was not kicked out of college, didn't even lose his athletic scholarship. Merely couldn't be a part of the UND hockey team. Leaving college because of that was once again purely his own decision. Many of us that had to pay back student loans would have chosen otherwise. And the Bruins terminated his contract, he got his money. More than most of us will make in any reasonable amount of time. You can feel how you want about his situation, but the truth is that for many it will appear rather fortunate as it is.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The truth is people have accepted the belief that "he should not receive an NHL contract until the victim's family deem he be allowed to receive one" and that's where we're at.

The truth is he has never stood up and said “I abused a disabled kid over a period of years. I called him racist names and treated him horribly. Then, every time it came up, I downplayed my bullying and made it seem like it was the one isolated incident for which I got in trouble with the legal system. I would like to say to that individual, I am truly sorry. Not only am I sorry for my bullying, but I am sorry for being such a weasel and scumbag about it afterwards.”

Until he he very publicly does something like that, he will meet resistance for the rest of his life. It has nothing to do with the victim and his family. It has everything to do with Miller and his own behavior.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The truth is he has never stood up and said “I abused a disabled kid over a period of years. I called him racist names and treated him horribly. Then, every time it came up, I downplayed my bullying and made it seem like it was the one isolated incident for which I got in trouble with the legal system. I would like to say to that individual, I am truly sorry. Not only am I sorry for my bullying, but I am sorry for being such a weasel and scumbag about it afterwards.”

Until he he very publicly does something like that, he will meet resistance for the rest of his life. It has nothing to do with the victim and his family. It has everything to do with Miller and his own behavior.
He has admitted and accepted blame time and time again. Pretending doing it one more time is the make or break is just not reflective of the situation.

Reactions: Jets4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad